• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Boy are you in for a disappointment!

Over the last week, for some unknown reason, the thread has sped up massively. We've been doing hundreds of posts every day. I switched to a banner with just one character. Pursuing their true sequ- uh, a butterfly.

It's lucky I did too, considering I only just got this done in time. I'm incredibly happy with the lineart. Spent probably between 15 and 20 hours on it, which is kind of insane.

Unknown huh? :p

We suddenly had an influx of posters when that info about the domains got posted to the main page. x_X

Dantis

Even so! You go back ten pages, and it's from yesterday. That's 500 posts!

I was also looking through the top posters. We have more members than I'd realised.

Boy are you in for a disappointment!

Over the last week, for some unknown reason, the thread has sped up massively. We've been doing hundreds of posts every day. I switched to a banner with just one character. Pursuing their true sequ- uh, a butterfly.

It's lucky I did too, considering I only just got this done in time. I'm incredibly happy with the lineart. Spent probably between 15 and 20 hours on it, which is kind of insane.
...But that one character is Labby with a curly moustache and devil horns, right?

But yeah quality over quantity, man, sounds like a good decision to me.

I'm gueeessing, they'll probably release the protag's Persona with or close to his design reveal. Other than that, dunno. It'd be cool to see them tackle a mythology they haven't done much with. Egyptian? Greek? African?

I'm partial to Middle Eastern especially Sumerian/Akkadian/Other Semitic Culture since they have another parallel to the Orpheus/Izanagi myth, in the myth of Innana's descending into the underworld (which would facilitate a canon FeMC). But I'm also a huge Celtic mythology buff

Character designs are good and well, but how long do you guys think it'll be before we get the first Persona design? Personas and their designs are probably my favorite part of the series since I am a huge fan of both symbolism and mythology. In this series you can learn a lot more of a character by their Persona than pretty much anything other than actually playing the game lol

They'll recycle Persona designs from SMTIV I'd say.

They'll recycle Persona designs from SMTIV I'd say.

with such great designs such as

Napaeae_SMTIV.png

Dr. Buni

I'm gueeessing, they'll probably release the protag's Persona with or close to his design reveal. Other than that, dunno. It'd be cool to see them tackle a mythology they haven't done much with. Egyptian? Greek? African?
The main characters having Personae based on Egyptian or African mythologies would be so good.

Gazoinks

I'm partial to Middle Eastern especially Sumerian/Akkadian/Other Semitic Culture since they have another parallel to the Orpheus/Izanagi myth, in the myth of Innana's descending into the underworld (which would facilitate a canon FeMC). But I'm also a huge Celtic mythology buff

Both of those would be sweet, Middle Eastern would especially be interesting, you don't see that a lot in media.

Maaaaaaan

I wish that Persona had its own Persona designs instead of recycling SMT demons, or at least that they would update some of the older demons since some of them don't fit in with the persona art style

It always kinda killed the aesthetic whenever I summoned Gabriel in P4 or Take-Mikazuchi in P3

Caladrius

I'm hoping for either celtic, aboriginal, North American, Mayan, Slavic or early semitic mythology.

Basically something you don't see very often.

I also tinkered around with the image a little bit. I'm trying to figure out what to do about the wall behind Igor.

Maaaaaaan

I wish that Persona had its own Persona designs instead of recycling SMT demons, or at least that they would update some of the older demons since some of them don't fit in with the persona art style

It always kinda killed the aesthetic whenever I summoned Gabriel in P4 or Take-Mikazuchi in P3
They should be retooling the assets for P5 anyway.
What the hell is that? Looks like the anime version of Rainbow Brite.

It's Ulala taken over by jelly beans =P
Tumblr_m2cmxs7ncU1r6c2k5o1_500.jpg

Maaaaaaan

The moment you end up with non-kaneko demon designs, you end up with the travesty known as SMT IV. Would be a lot a work for Soejima to redraw all of the demon designs.

cj_iwakura

Napea, one of the new demons from SMT4. The designs were extremely hit and miss.

Here's one of the better ones (This be Yamato-Takeru):

I also liked the archangels (except Uriel), Omoikane, Tenkai, Minotaur and Asmodeus (even if he's waaay too busy-looking.)

Minotaur was amazing. That's the only one that could have passed for Kaneko art.

Marche90

SMTIV's designs were hit or miss. To be fair, it's the only fault I can find in it, since the game was so awesome.

Also, well, this made me chuckle.

Armada's Banderas GIF ended up in the Kotaku PS4 gif compilation. I was wondering what the hell Jello's name was doing there when it hit me (gif was loading and it stopped there)

Soriku

SMT IV's demons were OK to me. Medusa sucked, Lilith was kinda meh, and there was maybe one or two others that I didn't like much (Masakado just as a head comes to mind), but I thought the rest were fine.

Napaea gets a lot of hate but she's one of the better ones IMO. She looks weird and a little busy enough to fit SMT. Her face could use some work but I like her weird outfit.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I warmed up to the demon, but I still find the design to be iffy and weird for SMT.

It fits Persona more I think.

Armada's Banderas GIF ended up in the Kotaku PS4 gif compilation. I was wondering what the hell Jello's name was doing there when it hit me (gif was loading and it stopped there)

Oh lawd.

SMT IV's demons were OK to me. Medusa sucked, Lilith was kinda meh, and there was maybe one or two others that I didn't like much (Masakado just as a head comes to mind), but I thought the rest were fine.

Lilith's sucked so much.

I understand why it was changed, to fit more in line with everyone else's still.. looks like shit.

Masakado gets an upgrade in DLC I think.

cj_iwakura

51KFB7DWP5L.jpg

Yeah, this is a thing.

I've been watching the first episode, and despite how awful I've heard this is, I dig the vibe so far. They nailed the game's tone, I think.

qALA11v.jpg

sz3L5ST.jpg

0Xbv7vv.jpg

VFI8VXz.jpg

WfD8xEz.jpg

My jaw hit the floor when I saw him.
It's Kazuma Kaneko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom