• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original P4 opening is definitely my favourite. It has a great sense of... rhythm? I love the animated silhouettes and the way it switches from frame to frame.
Yeah, I had a feeling someone was going to say something about that. I tried messing with the stroke effect, but it was either too small to be noticeable or too thick and jagged.

Here, I've uploaded another one without those elements entirely. How does it look now? Would people be interested in a full set of these, or should I head back to the drawing board?
Are you resizing those polygons after putting the effects on? Stroke only seems to go jagged if it's being applied to a resized shape. It can be fixed just by redrawing the shape over the larger version and applying the effect to that.
Did somebody say QUALITY!?
Good god, I laughed so hard at this, haha! What is that from?

Caladrius

Yeah, I had a feeling someone was going to say something about that. I tried messing with the stroke effect, but it was either too small to be noticeable or too thick and jagged.

Here, I've uploaded another one without those elements entirely. How does it look now? Would people be interested in a full set of these, or should I head back to the drawing board?

Much better. Just gotta smooth out the lines and you're set.
The original P4 opening is definitely my favourite. It has a great sense of... rhythm? I love the animated silhouettes and the way it switches from frame to frame.

Are you resizing those polygons after putting the effects on? Stroke only seems to go jagged if it's being applied to a resized shape. It can be fixed just by redrawing the shape over the larger version and applying the effect to that.

Good god, I laughed so hard at this, haha! What is that from?

No idea for the anime it's from, but I found it on this blog. http://fuckyeahqualityanimation.tumblr.com/

Dantis

Looking through the Catherine art book for inspiration, and I forgot how lewd the phone pictures were. Oh my.

Some of the promotional illustrations are excellent. Very stylised, experimental stuff. Artistically, Catherine is absolutely Soejima's best work. Just amazing.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I meant inspiration in terms of colouring, not lewdness, lol.

Wow, that makes it look so much better! Thanks for the tip-- I guess this is what I get for teaching myself Photoshop!

Much better. Just gotta smooth out the lines and you're set.

Okay, I think I'm ready to say that this is in "final" form:

"Her fingers are GUNS, her eyes are SIGHTS!"

No idea for the anime it's from, but I found it on this blog. http://fuckyeahqualityanimation.tumblr.com/
tumblr_m19iczfvxb1qgx70ro1_400.jpg

Some of the promotional illustrations are excellent. Very stylised, experimental stuff. Artistically, Catherine is absolutely Soejima's best work. Just amazing.
From what I've seen of the Catherine stuff, I like that there's some variety in styles. I prefer the Persona stuff personally but I love the paint style of this one.
Wow, that makes it look so much better! Thanks for the tip-- I guess this is what I get for teaching myself Photoshop!
Most stuff I learn from trial and error and messing around with the options anyways. Just gotta bear in mind that things are gonna pixelate or lose quality or whatever when resized, and that's gonna have a knock-on effect on stuff like blending options.

Caladrius

EDIT: Just to clarify, I meant inspiration in terms of colouring, not lewdness, lol.

*Takes avatar off of a doujinshi, points out Catgirl Naoto anyway.*

Must resist urge to turn last portion of the thread into QUALITY anime pingpong

In terms of illustrations, I do too, but there's a heck of a lot more of them. When I say I think it's artistically his best stuff, I mean in terms of his style and technical ability. He's come so far since the Stella Deus stuff (Iwakura am cry).

Even just looking at the character design sheets from development it's quite a sight.

On a more minor note does Soejima also do the in-game portraits or are those from other artists?

In terms of illustrations, I do too, but there's a heck of a lot more of them. When I say I think it's artistically his best stuff, I mean in terms of his style and technical ability. He's come so far since the Stella Deus stuff (Iwakura am cry).
Can't argue with that. Really looking forward to see what he'll do for P5 and Ultimax. Though between this Erica character and Sho he needs to stop taking inspiration from Ronald McDonald :x.

Must resist urge to turn last portion of the thread into QUALITY anime pingpong
ea4e6333-ecc8-455c-8b6c-870fb0099234_zpsc8f3fad2.jpg

Meia

WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS THAT CREATURE?!

And Erica was great, probably my favorite design from Catherine. And yes, this considers everything about her. :p

Dantis

Erica's design is great. Really cool character too.

And Erica was great, probably my favorite design from Catherine. And yes, this considers everything about her. :p

Keep spoilers in mind here, chum. Quite a few people here haven't played Catherine. ;)

*Takes avatar off of a doujinshi, points out Catgirl Naoto anyway.*

It really wasn't even that lewd. >_________>

On a more minor note does Soejima also do the in-game portraits or are those from other artists?

He does indeed.

Squire

Banned
Btw: I'm willing to bet there's a teaser for P5 that screens either right before P3M or right after the credits. They have a day left at that point, so they may as well.

PK Gaming

Yikes, that last page was brutal. I hate to bring it up again, but my main concern is that we'll tear each other apart when P5 comes out...

Lunar15

Yikes, that last page was brutal. I hate to bring it up again, but my main concern is that we'll tear each other apart when P5 comes out...

It's bound to happen. We're not all going to agree on the direction for the next game, or at least certain aspects of it. I think the group is smart enough to keep it fairly civil. Bickering is just part of forums.

Meia

Yep, we tend to be a passionate bunch, so it's to be expected. :)

I don't mind Sho's design, the problem is we literally know nothing about him yet.

PK Gaming

note - as of day two, kanji’s 214c is no longer FC recovery. either misinformation spread or they’re actively updating the loketest, considering it’s a 6 day long loketest, i wouldn’t be surprised at either. this is kinda why i’m slow on the translations this time around

640px-Kanji_Tatsumi_%28Persona_4_Arena%2C_Story_Mode_Illustration%2C_3%29.jpg

It was probably a dumb rumor

Sho looks shit.

Arena uses a different style of design to Soejima's usual stuff though. Very arcadey, I think would be a good way to describe it.

I'm confident that P5's designs will be wonderful.
To add to that, Sho's design suggests to me that there's something not right about him anyways. Not a character that's supposed to be instantly likable or a protagonist, and certainly not something to base expectations of P5's designs on.

CrazyDude

Disagreements are totally fine.

I just don't want us to insult each other over said insults.

I've been guilty of this myself, so i'm afraid of others engaging in verbal assaults. Keep it cool guy :(

How about we turn insult fights into compliment fights?

YOU HAVE NICE HAIR!

Levito

Banned
How can anyone fight when we're this close to the Rapture? The next chapter in the best JRPG series ever is coming.
Xs8eiNf.gif

PerhsonaGAF no hespect notting.

No hespecting Brazil.

No hespecting the fans

No hespecting my familee.

Iz problem.

PerhsonaGaf you need train, no moar talk. Train. I ready.

cjkeats

Once the announcement happens we will eat each other alive over speculation, much more than we already have.

When we see the taste they will give us, no matter how small or how big the over analysis will destroy us until release.

RIP PGAF. I love you. ;_;7

Squire

Banned
By the way, we're probably not going to get Soejima illustrations in a week, lol. It'll be like... silhouettes.

Oh no, I think we're getting illustrations. I think we're getting gameplay. It's time to put up or shut up on Atlus' part.

I'm not even expecting it to release in Japan until next fall and that's a-okay, but they need to show something of substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom