• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was honestly just expecting a logo and (for better or worse) platform announcement next week, always thought characters would come later. Releasing one or two then could be cool too.

But yeah, the platform announcement. Any way it goes down, someone will get pissed.

Squire

Banned
I was honestly just expecting a logo and (for better or worse) platform announcement next week, always thought characters would come later. Releasing one or two then could be cool too.

But yeah, the platform announcement. Any way it goes down, someone will get pissed.

If it's PS4 only? Shiiiiiiit. Feel bad for muhfuckas ain't got the scrilla knowimsayin'?

If it's PS4 only? Shiiiiiiit. Feel bad for muhfuckas ain't got the scrilla knowimsayin'?

PS4 only means my wallet am cry since I wasn't planning on going Next Gen for quite a bit (only just got my PS3 less than two years ago for starters, but I'd also need to get my own HDTV. Yes I still use standard def mostly, go ahead and laugh at the plebeian I am), so I knowusayin' pretty well
:(

although I may have a way out in that regard, as long as an offer my friend has is still on the table.

CrazyDude

Apparently Dengeki Playstation will have a cover story of a new major title. That's in two weeks, so it might be Persona 5.

Dr. Buni

I am expecting the logo + protagonist (or better, protagonistS and maybe one or two others) + main theme of the game playing in the background of the video (if there is one).

1WOeKBj.jpg

I am expecting the logo + protagonist (or better, protagonistS and maybe one or two others) + main theme of the game playing in the background of the video (if there is one).

you'll get the protagonist and their two boring friends

Caladrius

If Persona 5 turns out to be exclusive to PS4 just after having bought a PS3 I am going to rip someone's spine out through their rectum

Here's how I see the potential meltdowns:-

PS3 owners: "Whaddya mean I have to buy a 3DS for Persona 5!? Persona is Sony and SMT is Nintendo!! That was the deal!!"

3DS owners: "Atlus wasting so much money by not having a 3DS version - 'Start giving sales figures of SMTIV' - Unbelievable!"

kewlmyc

If Persona 5 turns out to be exclusive to PS4 just after having bought a PS3 I am going to rip someone's spine out through their rectum

That's rather violent coming from someone as gentle as you, Caladrious.

As someone who moves around frequently and has a shit TV, I can only hope for a Vita version. :(

If it's Vita only, I'll be kinda disappointed. All these years and it looks the same as P4G? No, I want Catherine level graphics.

Dantis

So I'm beginning to think it may not have been my best idea to do some slightly weird shading for the banner image.

All that matters is that it's probably not the worst Persona fanart you've ever seen, right?

Squire

Banned

Real talk. Hashino, how you gon' try to play me for a sucka?

Here's how I see the potential meltdowns:-

PS3 owners: "Whaddya mean I have to buy a 3DS for Persona 5!? Persona is Sony and SMT is Nintendo!! That was the deal!!"

3DS owners: "Atlus wasting so much money by not having a 3DS version - 'Start giving sales figures of SMTIV' - Unbelievable!"

I laughed.

So I'm beginning to think it may not have been my best idea to do some slightly weird shading for the banner image.

All that matters is that it's probably not the worst Persona fanart you've ever seen, right?

yea boi

Moonlight

Banned
If it's Vita only, I'll be kinda disappointed. All these years and it looks the same as P4G? No, I want Catherine level graphics.
The Vita can definitely do much better than P4G, but I get your point. Hence 'version'. I'm okay with a level of gimped presentation as long as I can, I dunno, plink away at Social Links or whatever while I'm on the bus.

Dantis

By the way, wasn't the Catherine reveal just a two page spread, with virtually no information?

OT3 is done besides the banner, by the way.

pan-hime

I started looking at old gaf threads about Persona 4's announcement for kicks.
we got next weekend to go, guys.
it'll be 2008 all over again.

Lunar15

Please, no console trolling unless you're being extremely silly about it. I've resigned myself to get whatever console it's on. There is no salt in my veins.

Also, if P5 is announced before the next thread, we should just call it Persona Community Thread |OT3| Mass Speculation. Lord knows it's going to be a lot of that once we get the first tidbits of info.

Meia

Please, no console trolling unless you're being extremely silly about it. I've resigned myself to get whatever console it's on. There is no salt in my veins.

Also, if P5 is announced before the next thread, we should just call it Persona Community Thread |OT3| Mass Speculation. Lord knows it's going to be a lot of that once we get the first tidbits of info.

I still think "Pursuing my True Sequel" still fits, even moreso, if it's announced before it happens. Just because it's actually announced doesn't mean it'll be out that same weekend, and we won't know hardly everything about it...

Nice find about the Persona 4 announcement thread. People will always be upset. Handheld will upset me, but not anger me. Not sure what would really, as I have faith in them.

jaxword

If you can't find the guide by tomorrow, I can always write you up a short list. I pretty much know where every animated cutscene plays so I'd just have to look up the dates.

Thank you for this offer. Nope, I haven't found this guide, which is odd because I've READ it so it can't be that hidden. Maybe it was removed from gamefaqs or something.

Caladrius

By the way, wasn't the Catherine reveal just a two page spread, with virtually no information?

OT3 is done besides the banner, by the way.

Just gonna throw this here in case you would want to put it in. (It's fine if you don't, it is pretty meh. I'm going to try and make another version tonight.)

That's rather violent coming from someone as gentle as you, Caladrious.

Beneath the moe avatar is a heart of pure evil.

Oh, come now, it was just a bit of morbid humor!

thumb.jpg

I started looking at old gaf threads about Persona 4's announcement for kicks.
we got next weekend to go, guys.
it'll be 2008 all over again.

From that thread.
I fucking new this game would be a fucking Persona 3 retread.

God fucking dammit.

Oh, Himuro..:lol
Talk about a fucking reskin crankjob.

I wonder if they could've grinded it out faster.

I'll play it, and love it, and hate myself for it.

Viva PS3, you cheaped out cocksuckers.

:lol

Dantis

Changed some things. Banner illustration is done (Just uh... not banner sized).

That's hilarious, Caladrious, but I'm trying to keep the OP relatively concise.

Also Scrafty, do you have a link for your Let's Play?

Caladrius

Ha! Fair enough :)

What's the name of the track at the beginning of your videos?

It's Maya's Theme from Persona 2: Innocent Sin Portable.

On the subject of the LP: it's definitely not over with, but massive technical difficulties have been preventing us from uploading new content. I actually have about 2 hours of unuploaded footage, but I don't want to release it until we can get a decent backlog going.

Character designs are good and well, but how long do you guys think it'll be before we get the first Persona design? Personas and their designs are probably my favorite part of the series since I am a huge fan of both symbolism and mythology. In this series you can learn a lot more of a character by their Persona than pretty much anything other than actually playing the game lol

Gazoinks

Character designs are good and well, but how long do you guys think it'll be before we get the first Persona design? Personas and their designs are probably my favorite part of the series since I am a huge fan of both symbolism and mythology. In this series you can learn a lot more of a character by their Persona than pretty much anything other than actually playing the game lol

I'm gueeessing, they'll probably release the protag's Persona with or close to his design reveal. Other than that, dunno. It'd be cool to see them tackle a mythology they haven't done much with. Egyptian? Greek? African?

Dantis

Danke schön.

Well that was fast! Is that the one with all the protags together? Does Labby have a curly moustache and devil horns?

Boy are you in for a disappointment!

Over the last week, for some unknown reason, the thread has sped up massively. We've been doing hundreds of posts every day. I switched to a banner with just one character. Pursuing their true sequ- uh, a butterfly.

It's lucky I did too, considering I only just got this done in time. I'm incredibly happy with the lineart. Spent probably between 15 and 20 hours on it, which is kind of insane.

I can't wait to see the finished product, Dantis.

I might just put the picture on my Tumblr to be honest. Or should I wait for OT3 to go up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom