• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA!!!!!

Oh hai Mark!

tumblr_inline_mjvyo5zEUX1qz4rgp.png

Jintor

Screw Meguro, Wayne Brady should compose Persona 5's OST.

"I need a profession that's you wouldn't like to be in, but is pretty good as a part-time job when you're a kid."
"Persona user!'
"Right! Songs of the Persona User. This is a game for Ryan and Colin, Ryan and Colin are going to spruik a CD that features the vocal talents of Wayne Brady, Laura Hall on piano. Songs of the Persona User. Take it away, Ryan and Colin."

"I need a profession that's you wouldn't like to be in, but is pretty good as a part-time job when you're a kid."
"Persona user!'
"Right! Songs of the Persona User. This is a game for Ryan and Colin, Ryan and Colin are going to spruik a CD that features the vocal talents of Wayne Brady, Laura Hall on piano. Songs of the Persona User. Take it away, Ryan and Colin."

A++

Oh hai Mark!
Two dozen red roses please, oh hai doggy

I still need to see Birdemic though, I plan on watching it soon.
"Persona user!'

Would watch

Marche90

So, after 80 hours, I'm done with Xenoblade. A few nitpicks here and there, but overall, I was amazed to see how good this game was. 9/10

Hopefully this means that I'll be able to do more than just lurking forums ._.

So I guess I'm done with this. Came out pretty well, I think.

citizen-kane-clapping.gif

Pretty neat, man. Colour-wise it certainly seems you've improved, liking the clothing folds. May I make a suggestion? I reckon FeMC could be prettied up by making her eyelashes thicker, basically a thicker line weight over the top of the eye. A shadow over the top section of the eye could possibly make it seem rounder and give it more life too. Plus she seems to be missing eyelids? Just from observation of the official artwork anyway.

May I ask roughly how long it took you from sketch to finish? I've been working on something slowly but surely for a while now when I can catch a break from my projects. It's so far out of my comfort zone it's taking an absolute age to get things right, I've wanted to flip a table at some points :p.

Dantis

Pretty neat, man. Colour-wise it certainly seems you've improved, liking the clothing folds. May I make a suggestion? I reckon FeMC could be prettied up by making her eyelashes thicker, basically a thicker line weight over the top of the eye. A shadow over the top section of the eye could possibly make it seem rounder and give it more life too. Plus she seems to be missing eyelids? Just from observation of the official artwork anyway.

May I ask roughly how long it took you from sketch to finish? I've been working on something slowly but surely for a while now when I can catch a break from my projects. It's so far out of my comfort zone it's taking an absolute age to get things right, I've wanted to flip a table at some points :p.

Both good observations!

They're both things that I meant to do back when I was doing the lineart but just forgot. I only realised when I was drawing Makoto, but just forgot to back to FeMC. They're simple enough that I can do them now in a matter of minutes. Cheers. ;)

In terms of time... It's hard to say. It's been a long time, I think. Doing precise lineart is probably more time consuming than it's worth, but I enjoy it. I started it five or six days ago, so I'd say I've put at least ten hours into it.

In terms of time... It's hard to say. It's been a long time, I think. Doing precise lineart is probably more time consuming than it's worth, but I enjoy it. I started it five or six days ago, so I'd say I've put at least ten hours into it.
Ten hours ain't so bad, I've completely lost track of how much time I've spent on mine and not even started the lining yet. But then I've been redrawing the thing over and over to get it right.

I'll be critical. Your eyes look off, and sort of a poor attempt to copy soejima. Work on that or develop your own style. Other then that, s'all good yo.

Draw more like a master, like this:
Being able to emulate styles is a skill in itself to be learned, man. It's possible to have your own style as well as others, you can learn a lot from it to apply to your own styles too. Though my emulation seems to be lacking some of the buddha magic, will have to work on that I guess.

Is there any method of fighting Shadow Mitsuo that doesn't involve Black Frost?

I fused myself an Okuninushi and ground him into powder. With the right components, that sucker can get Powed Charge and a fourth-tier Physical attack with ease.

Alternatively, use anything that resists Bufu and Phys, since those are his two most commonly-used attack types. I'd reccomend either leaving Yukiko out of the fight for this one and bringing Teddie instead or keeping her on the defensive, because once the Shadow starts chaining Bufus and buffs off of her weakness, you're as good as done.

cj_iwakura

Am I a little crazy for preferring the B&W version? That said, it's fantastic.

Mind if I share it with another SMT community I frequent?

Dantis

Very good work. Now it makes me wish they added more costumes in P3P. FeMC would go great in the Marie outfit.

your face linework is so fucking good dantis you bastard

Seriously man, so good. You're surpassing yourself with each one, and they're always amazing.

Cheers! And yeah, I think Marie's outfit really suits FeMC. It would suit her even more if you dropped the choker and sleeves and changed the socks to a more normal colour.

Am I a little crazy for preferring the B&W version? That said, it's fantastic.

Mind if I share it with another SMT community I frequent?

As long as you don't remove my signature (Or if for some reason you do, at least credit me for it), then share away! (If you're feeling especially generous, you could even link to my art Tumblr.)

Also, you can see the lineart better in the black and white one, so maybe that's why you like that more?

I'm a fan of the coloring. Usually, color goes to peoples heads and it looks like a leprechaun threw up, but not here.

So I was cruising through tumblr and I came across a little gem. It's a japanese handbook for Persona 4 (I have no idea if it's canon or not) and there's a section where Yu's potential love interests talk about him. It's mostly standard stuff but...

Well that settles that, hahahaha

Source

Also, Teddie's extreme detailing of Yu's body is hilarious.

Yosuke: Well, how do I put it? Even a guy like me ends up with his heart fluttering…wait, what the hell am I saying?!

OMFG. hahahahahahaha

Meia

Not sure how you keep outdoing yourself, but you do. Really nice work on Marie's clothes, all the little details can't be easy to keep track of.

And for shadow Mitsuo, I don't think I've ever fused a Black Frost.

Jintor

i just find it funny that d's lineart and colouring is so baller and i've gone the opposite direction and abandoned linework and soft shading entirely

tumblr_mosonz1hSE1rnx5rho1_r1_500.gif

lol my transparent gifs look fucking terrible on the dark scheme. My brush sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom