• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

I am really sad at Atlus and ArkSys's treatment of Persona 4 Arena. Once the console release hit, they dropped it entirely.

FluxWaveZ

I am really sad at Atlus and ArkSys's treatment of Persona 4 Arena. Once the console release hit, they dropped it entirely.

True. Not sure it would have stopped it from its inevitable competitive death after this EVO, but they only put out a single online patch to get rid of minor glitches as well as insignificant stuff like Challenge Mode videos and that's it.

The game could have such a longer potential life if there were upcoming balance updates as well as some other big things, but that's obviously not a priority for both developers concerning P4A, unfortunately. It's too bad.

P4A had a great showing (outside of those horrible Grand Finals) at EVO, though, so it at least had a nice showing before it stops being a thing at majors.

Just like every ArkSys licensed property game, I told you, and the writing was on the wall. =/

Wait, what? I thought ASW was notorious for their constant balance updates and patches? Hell, I thought the fanbase started getting horribly upset at their treatment of BB:CT because of their too frequent balance updates.

Edit: Never mind, sorry. Glossed over the "licensed property" part, which is true.

Sophia

Wait, what? I thought ASW was notorious for their constant balance updates and patches? Hell, I thought the fanbase started getting horribly upset at their treatment of BB:CT because of their too frequent balance updates.

ASW treats all their licensed games like shit. None of them (barring a Dragon Ball Z game, which wasn't the same developer for the sequel) have ever gone past their first installment....

And yeah, it's really sad to see a game like P4A just die like this. It's a few steps away from being a staple of tourneys. But Atlus and/or ArcSys don't care despite the positive reception.

Acid08

Banned
Didn't it sell rather poorly? I mean, I know it was probably not expected to light up the charts but I thought I heard it was still pretty poor.

Uh, no. One of the fastest selling fighting games in Japan in recent years (beating big ones like Street Fighter or Marvel vs. Capcom).

Don't know the numbers for North America, but I'm fairly sure Atlus USA said they were happy about its performance.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484906

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...-selling-fighting-game-japan-last-four-years/

I heard it did rather poorly but had a great start in japan, but im hardly the facts

Squire

Banned
In a perfect world, P4A would've been patched numerous times, got an overhauled release, and then been ported to Vita. Total shame.

I wanted Maggy :'(

Anyway, out interview with Sam Riegel was great! Shorter than Erin's, but that's okay. He's obviously a busy guy, but he gave pretty in-depth answers and the podcast as a whole is very concise.

We're trying to establish a group of voice actors to go through. I think we're most likely going to focus on trying to get Karen Strassmen next, but post who it is you want to hear most in this thread, the podcast thread, or PM me or Levito and we'll make the top choices priorities.

In a perfect world, P4A would've been patched numerous times, got an overhauled release, and then been ported to Vita. Total shame.

Anyway, out interview with Sam Riegel was great! Shorter than Erin's, but that's okay. He's obviously a busy guy, but he gave pretty in-depth answers and the podcast as a whole is very concise.

We're trying to establish a group of voice actors to go through. I think we're most likely going to focus on trying to get Karen Strassmen next, but post who it is you want to hear most in this thread, the podcast thread, or PM me or Levito and we'll make the top choices priorities.

and junpei and yukari, and koromaru lol and kei and eriko and baofu and ulala

Yeah, Sam was great. What a cool dude.

Also, Laura Bailey and Troy Baker are on the top of my priority list right now, but since it's currently the Year of Baker the latter would probably work better sometime in 2014. Laura is a MUST though.

PK Gaming

Oh my god i'm so hyped, I literally can't wait to check it out.

Didn't Michelle Ann Dunphy agree to appearing on the podcast? I think you guys should get her on podcast unless things have changed.

Squire

Banned
Laura and Troy are on the list. I don't have any realistic expectation that well be able to talk to Troy any time soon (if ever) because of how hot he's become, but he's noted.

Same probably applies to Laura, but here's hoping.

I say Karen, but I'm a bit biased.

Like I said, she's probably next. We'd like her to be.

Oh my god i'm so hyped, I literally can't wait to check it out.

Didn't Michelle Ann Dunphy agree to appearing on the podcast? Unless things have changed.

Apparently she told Armada she would over twitter, but to my knowledge it never went further. I imagine he'd need to reconfirmed, but I'm not the person to ask.

Also, we're going to post the P3 LP ^this guy is doing with Scrafty to the SLFM Wordpress blog. Hopefully that helps them gain viewers. It's a good way to bridge the gap between episodes of the podcast.

Levito

Banned
This episode was short but sweet, next to no editing compared to the other episodes! everyone's getting better on the mic. Sam is a really knowledgeable fellow, so glad he came on.

Karen would be fantastic and has been my number 1 pick for quite some time. Obviously with her we'd get the Persona 3 cast reppin' as well! Think I'll ask on her fan page soon.

The next Episode should be all Evo. Armada, Mo, Ven, and Smed.

Joqu

I still have to pick up P4A. I completely forgot about it, that's what you get Zen. :L

It should be cheap enough now so that's something.

Squire

Banned
Karen would be fantastic and has been my number 1 pick for quite some time. Obviously with her we'd get the Persona 3 cast reppin' as well! Think I'll ask on her fan page soon.

Same.

Sounds good.

Dantis

TRULY, A SAD TIME.

*cough*

Also, Arena sold around 250k across its US and Japan releases, so we can assume that the worldwide sales will be between 250 and 300k. Which is okay, but not spectacular. I'd wager Atlus and Arc both hoped for more.

Sophia

You don't even play.

Exactly. P4A got a great amount of viewers (41k, slightly behind that of Street Fighter IV) at Evo this year, and had an amazing showing despit the lackluster Grand Finals.... I'm dubious of the 250k figure as well. Where's your source for that Dantis? :p

Dantis

Exactly. P4A got a great amount of viewers (41k, slightly behind that of Street Fighter IV) at Evo this year, and had an amazing showing despit the lackluster Grand Finals.... I'm dubious of the 250k figure as well. Where's your source for that Dantis? :p

Media Create Week 34 puts the PS3 version at 180k. Less than 50k total sales in the US in the first month. 360 version got like 10k in its first week, and didn't chart in the following weeks, so 20k is probably being a bit generous.

That puts it pretty close to 'around 250k' by my count! ;)

EDIT: Just out of curiousity, did you think it sold more or less?

PK Gaming

tumblr_mpuqjkNcBg1sxd1vyo1_500.png

EDIT: and he ain't slowing down baby

Meia

Everyone wearing long coats, Chie still wearing a skirt. Seems legit. :p

Wondered what Naoto would look like with long hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom