• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
What is your current avatar from anyway? And which character is Junko?

I want to draw myself an avatar, but I'm not sure what to have. Tempted to wait for a P5 announcement and then do a P5 one.

Like the others said, Kallen Stradtfeld from Code Geass!

ZzeCxHk.jpg

It's awesome. Watch it.

And this is Junko Enoshima.

b04cJXY.jpg

$20 says she's voiced by Laura Bailey.

PK Gaming

What is your current avatar from anyway? And which character is Junko?

I want to draw myself an avatar, but I'm not sure what to have. Tempted to wait for a P5 announcement and then do a P5 one.

Kallen Kōzuki from Code Geass.

She's voiced by Karen Strassmen in the english dub, so you'll like her more than you really should.

Squire

Banned
Kallen Kōzuki from Code Geass.

She's voiced by Karen Strassmen in the english dub, so you'll like her more than you really should.

Yep, she really sells her. Karen is becoming one of my favorite voice actresses. Here's to hoping we can get her on the podcast.

kewlmyc

I fail to see how this is an issue in the slightest.

Repetition, especially if she uses the same voice a lot. She's not a bad VA at all, but when you hear her in nearly every other game, it gets annoying. I have the same problem with JYB, but he isn't as prominent as he used to be.

Kazzy

Spotify is racist towards Canadians.

I can't get it either. I hate all these region-locking shenanigans.

----

And I agree with the sentiment regarding Persona 4, and that it's 'light and fluffy' tag is really misrepresentative . I think the themes explored between in it are just as mature, if not more so, than those in 3. I think the veil of P3's darker aesthetic is something of a misnomer, and all these claims of it being more sophisticated, just make me realize that it's quite overwrought in its angst.

At least for me, I find those big emotional crescendos to be so effective in P4 , because it doesn't necessarily feel the need to endlessly wallow in the macabre. I'm not saying that P3 doesn't have any levity to its narrative, it's just that it can feel like you've been beaten over the head with certain aspects.

Squire

Banned
At least for me, I find those big emotional crescendos to be so effective in P4 , because it doesn't necessarily feel the need to endlessly wallow in the macabre. I'm not saying that P3 doesn't have any levity to its narrative, it's just that it can feel like you've been beaten over the head with certain aspects.

This is basically how I feel. I've said it a ton: P4's highs give weight to it's lows.

P3 has a very consistently somber, oppressive tone. That's great! I can appreciate that. I actually think The Last of Us is like that.

It's a totally legitimate thing to do, but it's different in that when the games illicit those dark emotional responses from you, they've already been jamming you up to be in that headspace for hours.

P4 doesn't do that. Those moments just hit and they pull you out of your comfort zone.

Bah, both GIMP and Photopaint are freaking out on me right now :/

I can either take a while doing it, or someone else can take over and probably do a better job.

Moonlight

Banned
Repetition, especially if she uses the same voice a lot. She's not a bad VA at all, but when you hear her in nearly every other game, it gets annoying. I have the same problem with JYB, but he isn't as prominent as he used to be.
I can assure you that you've probably heard Laura Bailey more than you think you have.

She's a talented gal.

And on the topic of VLR, as much as I dig Luna, Phi is the true best character. Karen Strassman is scary amazing.

I can assure you that you've probably heard Laura Bailey more than you think you have.

She's a talented gal.

And on the topic of VLR, as much as I dig Luna, Phi is the true best character. Karen Strassman is scary amazing.

I approve of the title of this post and its contents. Even though some of the other characters are clearly better-written, K is my favourite due to his complexity. VLR SPOILAZ
The really screwed-up act of testing his father's love by smashing Dio's bracelet to see who Sigma would administer the antidote to was both twisted and heartrending, especially when you put yourself in Kyle's shoes and realize that the man who raised you just chose the life of a complete stranger over that of his own son
. Travis Willingham's sophisticated yet snarky voice acting helps a lot in making him my favourite as well.

PK Gaming

So I was cruising through tumblr and I came across a little gem. It's a japanese handbook for Persona 4 (I have no idea if it's canon or not) and there's a section where Yu's potential love interests talk about him. It's mostly standard stuff but...
Yosuke: Well, how do I put it? Even a guy like me ends up with his heart fluttering…wait, what the hell am I saying?!

Well that settles that, hahahaha

Source

Also, Teddie's extreme detailing of Yu's body is hilarious.

Squire

Banned
Yukiko: When I was feeling down and lost, he always encouraged me…he’s reliable and wonderful.

Rise: He has the openmindedness that only an older person can have, and he listens to me when I’m selfish. I love you, Senpai!

<3 <3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom