• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

How so? I even dug Akihiko's progression after playing his story mode. It's unusual, but believable.

It's an argument I've made a hundred times before, so I won't bother with it again. ;)

Haha that makes much more sense.

In other news, I found these AWESOME traditional facial portraits for the P4A cast. (drawn by Wallabri)

CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER

This art style reminds me of Jintor's. Anyone else see it?

EDIT: Not sure why, but I went back to this picture. Significant improvements!

w0d.png

Marche90

And so, a new cycle begins

It seems like the rule about us going in circles when talking about something is true. Until now I was doubtful, but this is enough proof

Only P5 can save us

It's an argument I've made a hundred times before, so I won't bother with it again. ;)

This art style reminds me of Jintor's. Anyone else see it?

Cuz ya like her ya big palooka, lookin' mighty bettah dea doh, neato!

Wait, what's happening on Tuesday?
I really need some P5 news goddamnit
I heard that you can play as a potato.

I thought you didn't like Labrys? Maybe this is your subconscious making some sort of counterbalance :p.

Anyways, maybe you're already aware because you're still working on it, but I think that left eye needs enlarging. I made this exact same mistake while working on my Aigis pic, the furthest eye does get ever so slightly smaller thanks to foreshortening, but it's actually not that big of a difference. I'd also double check the way her headband follows the shape of her head.

And at you guys who say still play Arena, do you play against each other here?

Dantis

I thought you didn't like Labrys? Maybe this is your subconscious making some sort of counterbalance :p.

Anyways, maybe you're already aware because you're still working on it, but I think that left eye needs enlarging. I made this exact same mistake while working on my Aigis pic, the furthest eye does get ever so slightly smaller thanks to foreshortening, but it's actually not that big of a difference. I'd also double check the way her headband follows the shape of her head.

And at you guys who say still play Arena, do you play against each other here?

I hadn't actually planned to do anything else with it, but seeing as you gave me that feedback I figured I might as well make some quick adjustments. Cheers!

Also (And in response to Buddha's post), I do still dislike Labrys. I just wanted to fix that sketch. :p

Good catch on the eye, by the way!

I hadn't actually planned to do anything else with it, but seeing as you gave me that feedback I figured I might as well make some quick adjustments. Cheers!

Also (And in response to Buddha's post), I do still dislike Labrys. I just wanted to fix that sketch. :p

But she's a better character than Aigis D:

No problem, I only know because I made all the mistakes myself :p.
But she's a better character than Aigis D:
Whoa let's not get too crazy here.

FluxWaveZ

I walk in to find all this talk about Tuesday...
Fill me in.

Tuesday = when upcoming Famitsu information is known.
Famitsu is where Persona games have typically been announced.
persona5.jp recently being registered on June 25 by Index could make one believe of an impending announcement, perhaps via Famitsu.

I am half kidding and half not, Aigis was significantly improved in The Answer and in P4A, she was rather weak in The Journey.

Hmm, not sure if I can give an unbiased view here because of my perspective on her story, but I think the writers did a pretty beautiful job of developing her personality gradually over the game. Since The Answer and P4A are following this through, it's completely understandable why people may find her more likable in those.

I am quite fond of Labby, mind you.

kewlmyc

She was a creepy stalker robot in P3: The Journey. I guess that's cool if you're into that type of thing. She was depressing in The Answer. I liked her in P4A though, she actually had a personality.

In unrelated news, Pacific Rim is awesome and you all should go see it.

You're catching on!

;)

This tuesday for sure.

Let's realistic thinking!
;_;

Meia

Yup. Anyone who doesn't see it and/or sees Grown Ups 2 can consider themself certifiably insane in my mind.

What's going to be fun is when Grown Ups 2 makes more money, cause people suck. :(

I wanted to see Pacific Rim this weekend, and then I got sick for the first time in like 5 years. Bah.

Didn't think much of Aigis until late Journey(which was intended I'm guessing), liked her in the Answer, and now that the whole mess is behind her we see a bit more of her personality now, which is great.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, it was pretty great, especially when the Mk-Labrys Jaeger decimated all the Kaiji with Asterios.

Oh wait, that's the director's cut.

kewlmyc

What's going to be fun is when Grown Ups 2 makes more money, cause people suck. :(

I wanted to see Pacific Rim this weekend, and then I got sick for the first time in like 5 years. Bah.

Didn't think much of Aigis until late Journey(which was intended I'm guessing), liked her in the Answer, and now that the whole mess is behind her we see a bit more of her personality now, which is great.

Grown Ups 2 made more money its opening weekend that Pacific Rim which is just sad. Sucks that people pay to see him and his friends go on vacation.

Also, it's sad that Aigis finally becomes a good character after
Makoto/FeMC dies
'Tis a shame.

Meia

This has been a pretty good year for movies, come to think of it. I liked Despicable Me, but was kind of surprised I loved 2. This Is the End broke my thoughts of "comedy movies are TERRIBLE", but The Purge showed me that an interesting movie idea doesn't always translate to a good movie. Also liked Superman more than I thought it would, guessing the bad reviews were simply because movie reviewers are getting Super Hero'd out.

RIPD has a very MIB vibe to it so almost have to give it a shot because of that, and of course Kick Ass 2 will be awesome. This will be another year I easily spend a couple hundred at the movies, blah.

Don't forget about The World's End in August (or next week if you're a Brit), Elysium shortly after, Gravity in October, and The Hobbit in December! All of those are sure to be good fun.

Dantis

The Dantis 2013 film rating list:

Hated This Is The End; Superman was a lot better than I expected; Now You See Me was a lot of fun, but a lot less clever than I expected; Hangover 3 was absolute turd; Star Trek was excellent; Oblivion was AMAZING; Iron Man 3 was pretty decent; The Place Beyond The Pines was excellent; Side Effects was AMAZING; Trance was decent; Stoker was good; Fast 6 was fun and Cloud Atlas was equal parts terrible and good.

I've probably missed some off there, but whatever, innit.

I'm probably seeing Pacific Rim this Wednesday or next. Huge Del Toro fan, so I'm very excited.

Also, I want to start doing more Persona sketches, because they're something I can just blast out in an hour or so. Are there any characters/ costumes/ costume crossovers people would like to see? If anyone has ay requests, let me know!

Famitsu is going to have Persona 5 news.
B
E
L
I
E
V
E
Screenshot_004_zps528f8fe8.jpg

She was a creepy stalker robot in P3: The Journey. I guess that's cool if you're into that type of thing. She was depressing in The Answer. I liked her in P4A though, she actually had a personality.
I'm guessing you're just jokin' around saying this but I don't remember anything like that. Are you referring to the couple of times she goes into the protagonist's room? If so I'd say that was just another instance of her mission to protect the protagonist crossed with a lack of understanding of social perception/boundaries played off for comedic effect. There's more to her than that though.

The Answer is kinda depressing though, yeah. Though I think it was sort of interesting they gave her a regressive mindset, instead of when people may think, 'I wanna be a kid again when times were simpler', she thinks 'I wanna go back to thinking like a machine when things were simpler and not painful'. Err... just my two cents.

Meia

Sheesh, totally forgot about Star Trek(which I loved), and Oblivion(which I saw for free after buying the Last Starfighter on blu-ray), which I expected to hate but really loved.

The World's End I'm getting a Purge vibe from(better in theory but not in practice) but I'll probably see it anyway. Knew about the Hobbit, which is a no-brainer(seeing the director's cuts in theaters at AMC of the original LotR movies was awesome), but also have Thor, and Anchorman 2.

TOO. MANY. MOVIES.

The World's End is done by Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright.

You can't go wrong with Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright.

Also it has 100% on Rotten Tomatoes right now, which is a good sign.

kewlmyc

Screenshot_004_zps528f8fe8.jpg

I'm guessing you're just jokin' around saying this but I don't remember anything like that. Are you referring to the couple of times she goes into the protagonist's room? If so I'd say that was just another instance of her mission to protect the protagonist crossed with a lack of understanding of social perception/boundaries played off for comedic effect. There's more to her than that though.

The Answer is kinda depressing though, yeah. Though I think it was sort of interesting they gave her a regressive mindset, instead of when people may think, 'I wanna be a kid again when times were simpler', she thinks 'I wanna go back to thinking like a machine when things were simpler and not painful'. Err... just my two cents.

I was mostly joking, but in the Journey, for most of the game, she was only the robot who always had to be by your side. That was her entire character. That's probably the point, but still.

Also, since we're talking about movies this summer.

Iron Man 3: Best Iron Man movie in my opinion.

Star Trek Into Darkness: Was never a big Star Trek fan, so I liked the twist that they did with the villain. Very enjoyable movie even though the ending was a huge cop-out seen from a mile away.

This is the End: Funny, but pretty overrated by fans.

World War Z: I have never been so bored with a zombie movie.

Man of Steel: Disappointing Superman movie, but awesome Dragon Ball Z movie.

Pacific Rim: Made the mecha fan in me squeal in delight. It's a shame that the entire movie was predictable as shit. Still recommend it.

Looking forward to Kickass 2 and The World's End. Not sure on Wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom