• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

I could not bring myself to see World War Z after those trailers. After reading the zombie survival guide and the World War Z book numerous times, just what they showed in them was embarrassing and rage inducing. For someone like Pitt to say he was big of a fan of the books as he was to then come out with THAT....

I could not bring myself to see World War Z after those trailers. After reading the zombie survival guide and the World War Z book numerous times, just what they showed in them was embarrassing and rage inducing. For someone like Pitt to say he was big of a fan of the books as he was to then come out with THAT....

Yeah, WWZ is one of my favourite books ever so I'm voting with my wallet for this one. I don't think Pitt is to blame though, considering his original script was well-received by Max Brooks but then went through several dozen re-writes at the studio's demand in order to appeal to a wider spectrum of demographics (hence why it's rated PG-13 and the zombies resemble the ones from 28 Days Later in terms of ability).

I enjoyed Star Trek Into Darkness a lot as a fan of the series, but I do think they could've handled a lot of the source material better instead of throwing it around willy-nilly and the film would've been massively better if they just cut out the last ten minutes altogether.

Pacific Rim was great. No two ways about it.

IM3 is my second-favourite in the series, but it comes nowhere close to the original, which was surpringly good.

mark.jpg

A world so wonderful that "playing football" is just tossing a football back and forth while wearing suits

Levito

Banned
World War Z was one of the worst movies I've seen in quite some time, absolutely horrendous.

Watching the EVO main stage ATM, KOF XIII is really exciting, not as much as the P4: A finest KO matches last nit, but still. :)

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to be on vacation for the next week and thus wont be on at all really. If you need to contact me about podcast stuff, send me a DM.

Dantis

World War Z was one of the worst movies I've seen in quite some time, absolutely horrendous.

Watching the EVO main stage ATM, KOF XIII is really exciting, not as much as the P4: A finest KO matches last nit, but still. :)

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to be on vacation for the next week and thus wont be on at all really. If you need to contact me about podcast stuff, send me a DM.

You're going to miss the guaranteed P5 reveal!

Squire

Banned
Last we heard it'll be before TGS, so I'm going with that. (Not that we'll get any indication whether plans have changed in the event they do.)

Hey guys, does anyone know of a site or FAQ that has a list of all of the real and fake holidays in the Persona games? Some sites and wikis mention a couple, but they aren't complete lists, and some don't mention major ones (like Golden Week). I'm just looking for a list of special days in the games.

Edit: I have the worst timing when posting in this thread. Either it's a new announcement, people posting fan art, or a small click talking to each other :(

FluxWaveZ

Realistically, surely (If anything) it's something to do with a tournament or something small like that? I really can't see it being a game reveal or anything.

An announcement about a tournament at the biggest fighting game tournament in the world?

I don't think there'll be anything.

Lemstar

The fuck is this.

People who hype people for no reason like this...
I'm not getting my hopes up either, but if there actually is something, Evo finals day would be a really weird time to announce something insignificant.

I won't be losing anything by staying tuned in for a few more minutes after AE anyway, right?

Lemstar

What time is the AE finals?
It's scheduled to begin at 7 Pacific (5h40m from now) and last about two hours, but they're an hour behind schedule already, and Melee is a notorious timehog, too.

Checking in about eight and a half hours from now seems like a reasonable time.

Dantis

It's scheduled to begin at 7 Pacific (5h40m from now) and last about two hours, but they're an hour behind schedule already, and Melee is a notorious timehog, too.

Checking in about eight and a half hours from now seems like a reasonable time.

Ah. It'll be tomorrow morning when I find out that it was nothing, then.

The announcement shall be Ultimate Persona 4 Arena subtitled Europe and Australia's gonna get screwed even harder this time, now with even more glasses and colour change DLCs....

Meia

Genius.

And screw an update, I'd rather have an arena 2, to continue the story. Same cast, plus throwing in Junpei and the others. Awww yeah...

This of course then confirming that P5 will be it's own story, which will then be announced at a fighting game whatever-the-hell-that-thing-is.

Squire

Banned
This is such a strange thing to say.

EDIT: I also only just realised the absurdity of Atlus announcing anything remotely significant at a US fighting game tournament.

You don't play, so it's an accurate thing to say.

And Evo is Evo; we're not talking about some random US tournament. The competitive scene in JP recognizes it.

There's nothing "absurd" about making an announcement of substance here. These guys actually play (and buy) the games on display. They don't just watch the cutscenes online and rent them for a weekend. They're serious.

FluxWaveZ

EDIT: I also only just realised the absurdity of Atlus announcing anything remotely significant at a US fighting game tournament.

I'm not sure you're too familiar with what EVO is or how important it is. It's bigger than any Japanese fighting game tournament, that's for certain.

Genius.

And screw an update, I'd rather have an arena 2, to continue the story. Same cast, plus throwing in Junpei and the others. Awww yeah...

This of course then confirming that P5 will be it's own story, which will then be announced at a fighting game whatever-the-hell-that-thing-is.

Well Elizabeth's story has to continue, whether that's continued through another Arena or its own game we'll just have to wait and see.

Id also like to be brought back to life being stuck in a rock is depressing.

Marche90

Then again, Atlus is one of the sponsors of the tournament this year, so who knows.

kewlmyc

Better than randomly guessing every Tuesday for new P5 info. Anything related to P4U would be nice. Probably just an ASW tournamen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom