• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean persona x dead or alive
because yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense given their target audiences

tumblr_static_sickburn.gif

no u

Squire

Banned
Wait, is that a real thing?

No, but there's a budding relationship between Team Ninja and Sega that suggests it very well could be.

They put VF characters in the vanilla release of DOA5, they're adding another one for the updated re-release, and the arcade release of the game is running on Sega hardware.

If you read the DOA threads, a lot of us are pretty much expecting DOA x VF to be a thing in the future.

Dantis

You don't play, so it's an accurate thing to say.

And Evo is Evo; we're not talking about some random US tournament. The competitive scene in JP recognizes it.

There's nothing "absurd" about making an announcement of substance here. These guys actually play (and buy) the games on display. They don't just watch the cutscenes online and rent them for a weekend. They're serious.

Ooft!

But for realisies, it's not a sequel. Atlus always does Famitsu reveals. Everything for Arena was revealed in Famitsu, including Mitsuru and Akihiko's new outfits, Elizabeth, Labrys and Shabrys.

Balance patch is possible.

Squire

Banned
Ooft!

But for realisies, it's not a sequel. Atlus always does Famitsu reveals. Everything for Arena was revealed in Famitsu, including Mitsuru and Akihiko's new outfits, Elizabeth, Labrys and Shabrys.

Balance patch is possible.

I don't think anyone expects a sequel, realistically, but I also wouldn't rule it out entirely. Nothing is stopping them from announcing one and having it appear in magazines next week. That, and stranger things, have happened before. (I don't think it's a sequel though.)

Jeb

Tuesday = when upcoming Famitsu information is known.
Famitsu is where Persona games have typically been announced.
persona5.jp recently being registered on June 25 by Index could make one believe of an impending announcement, perhaps via Famitsu.

So has it been said it was Persona information or was it non specified?
Can I get a source, I like to see things for myself, thanks.

FluxWaveZ

So has it been said it was Persona information or was it non specified?
Can I get a source, I like to see things for myself, thanks.

What you quoted is all the information. There is no source for upcoming news or anything; it's baseless hope.

it's more likely that if it's anything substantial* it'll just be like one new character (possibly another velvet room attendant) or a ~mystery~ p5 character

*as in not a balancing patch, which, yes, i know is substantial for hardcore players, but i mean "new" content

Meia

I think everyone will actually be dissapointed for some reason lol

All it will take is a picture of a new robot girl for Dantis to post in all caps "WHAT HAVE I BEEN FIGHTING FOR?!" :p

Only things that will disappointment me are:

1) Mobile platform

2) Loss of things that made 3/4 great

Even then I'd still pre-order it and play the hell out of it.

Dantis

All it will take is a picture of a new robot girl for Dantis to post in all caps "WHAT HAVE I BEEN FIGHTING FOR?!" :p

Only things that will disappointment me are:

1) Mobile platform

2) Loss of things that made 3/4 great

Even then I'd still pre-order it and play the hell out of it.

I was lookig at the Arena news topic from another forum earlier, and you can kind of see my descent into madness. At the start I'm so optimistic, and I'm loving everything about it, and then it starts to fall apart. Here are two comments from the Siliconera Labrys reveal page:

Looks pretty dumb to me. NOT IMPRESSED, ATLUS. :(

This makes things more intriguing at least, but I still don't like her design and I still think it's a fucking terrible character to include in a game with such a limited roster.

For the first time ever Atlus, you have severely let me down.

If only you'd known what was to come, past-Dan.

If only you'd known.

I was lookig at the Arena news topic from another forum earlier, and you can kind of see my descent into madness. At the start I'm so optimistic, and I'm loving everything about it, and then it starts to fall apart. Here are two comments from the Siliconera Labrys reveal page:

If only you'd known what was to come, past-Dan.

If only you'd known.

^A fun game with a pretty good story but sort of messes a few things up, but enjoyable none the less?

KLonso

Quick question about Persona 4, I accidentally looked at the trophy list and saw a trophy about beating
Margaret.
I haven't started the game yet, so I have no context, but is this a big spoiler?

cjkeats

Quick question about Persona 4, I accidentally looked at the trophy list and saw a trophy about beating
Margaret.
I haven't started the game yet, so I have no context, but is this a big spoiler?

No. It's an optional battle, not a plot point.

PK Gaming

Margaret.

Not at all. She's a super boss (that can only be fought on NG+)

You're fine.

Squire

Banned
Margaret.

No. You'll more than likely play through the whole game and never even figure out how to get to that fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom