• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Random question: Does anyone know if Skype on the Nexus 7 is of an acceptable quality?

One of the reasons I've never been able to go on S Link FM is because I only have an Xbox headset, but one of the podcasts that I listen to is recorded on an iPad and sounds fine, so potentially using my Nexus as the microphone could be a solution.

We could talk about like, Persona and shit.

Musolf815

P5 will be green because green is the best colour.

Also, P5 will definitely combine the best aspects of 3 and 4, and the UI colours in 3 and 4 were blue and yellow (which obviously makes green), so there is a method to my madness!

Good enough logic for me, I'd love a green color scheme!

Sophia

Random question: Does anyone know if Skype on the Nexus 7 is of an acceptable quality?

One of the reasons I've never been able to go on S Link FM is because I only have an Xbox headset, but one of the podcasts that I listen to is recorded on an iPad and sounds fine, so potentially using my Nexus as the microphone could be a solution.

We could talk about like, Persona and shit.

Should be as good as Skype on the Vita, which is of a very high quality.

Can't you just use your Vita?

Good enough logic for me, I'd love a green color scheme!

Aw yeah!

Should be as good as Skype on the Vita, which is of a very high quality.

Can't you just use your Vita?

The only problem with the Vita's microphone is that it has the nasty tendency to pick up a good deal of background noise. Whenever I play PSASBR online with a friend, they always complain about the whirring noise my computer's fan makes, even though I play on my bed (which is all the way across the room from my computer) :/

Sophia

The only problem with the Vita's microphone is that it has the nasty tendency to pick up a good deal of background noise. Whenever I play PSASBR online with a friend, they always complain about the whirring noise my computer's fan makes, even though I play on my bed (which is all the way across the room from my computer) :/

You can adjust the settings a bit, but yeah it picks up a lot. It's very high quality tho. Find a quiet room to Skype in.

Sophia

No, it's weekly. There are always leaks when it comes to big news, but if no one's talking about anything by 6:00 PM EST on NeoGAF, than there's usually nothing big.

And we're way past that. :p

I don't think there's any reason to get hyped up until Persona Music FES 2013 goes off. You're all really better off watching something else until then.

jaxword

Finally finished Persona 1 psp.

What a slog.

I really wish they'd done a better job of the remake. They had all the modern resources, yet still left the archaic aspects in. The psuedo-3d maps, the random negotiating system, the woefully undeveloped characters (especially when compared to 3 and 4). I don't even really grasp the logic of that, since of course it will be compared to the rest of the series these days.

While I can see how they improved some areas, like the movies and cut content, and while that's very respectable, they seemed to leave the worse aspects of 1990 jrpgs in.

If I introduced the series to someone nowadays, I would definitely not recommend this one. And that's a shame, because I always say you should see the roots of something, but if this were my first experience I'd reject the rest of the series from that point forward.

pirata

Ah. So, are people thinking next Tuesday? The website domain registration, the Persona game sale, and that "Kaiju level 5" tweet from the Atlus PR guy make it look like something's going on...but then again, we could have to wait until five seconds before Tokyo Game Show or something. I just want this to be over with.

FluxWaveZ

Ah. So, are people thinking next Tuesday? The website domain registration, the Persona game sale, and that "Kaiju level 5" tweet from the Atlus PR guy make it look like something's going on...but then again, we could have to wait until five seconds before Tokyo Game Show or something. I just want this to be over with.

People are always thinking next Tuesday. So you should probably keep expecting it until it happens.

And I wouldn't say those three events are necessarily related.

Sophia

People are always thinking next Tuesday. So you should probably keep expecting it until it happens.

And I wouldn't say those three events are necessarily related.

The only event of relevance is the domain registration. We don't even know what the kaiju tweet meant, and well-timed sales happen all the time.

So apparently the rumour spreading thing doesn't work. We should write our wish for a P5 reveal on an ema. I hear there's a magical fox that grants wishes.

Sophia

I've seen the signs man. It's happening. P5 reveal next week.

It's okay Trigger. Just take a giant deep breath, relax, realize that Persona 5 will come when it's ready.... then take a giant step forward.

I can't tell who's serious and who's joking on the famitsu talk sometimes

I am completely serious, Kamen Rider links aside. I have a decent idea of the time timeframe for when P5 will be announced, but I honestly don't expect anything before Persona Music FES 2013. They would have hyped it up by now for that concert if it was coming.

pirata

I just hope the Index shenanigans don't hurt their plans for P5's reveal.

It already has. A mod in the know said that the reveal was supposed to have happened ages ago, but the Index stuff and other behind-the-scenes stuff delayed the reveal multiple times.

FluxWaveZ

Still expecting something to happen with Persona Music Live 2013. No sooner, no later.

Persona 5 related? So you think Shoji Meguro will just walk on stage after the last song is played and go, "wait, there's one more thing" and play Persona 5's theme or something like that?

Squire

Banned
Persona 5 related? So you think Shoji Meguro will just walk on stage after the last song is played and go, "wait, there's one more thing" and play Persona 5's theme or something like that?

I think it will have been announced by then and they will preview a piece of music from the score at the concert.

cjkeats

They could easily show a teaser, or a trailer, heck, even just a logo at it.
What better place to announce the next game in your franchise than at the event revolving around your franchise?

Levito

Banned
An encore will ensue at the end of the concert, at which point, a massive curtain will drop, and Iron Maiden will play the theme song to Persona 5.

FluxWaveZ

They could easily show a teaser, or a trailer, heck, even just a logo at it.
What better place to announce the next game in your franchise than at the event revolving around your franchise?

But it's supposed to be a music event celebrating the songs we enjoy from existing Persona material. It'd be a massive surprise and that's why I don't think it'll happen.

I'm confident in this, so I'd be ready to bet whatever that Persona 5 won't be announced before or on August 13th.

Edit: Uh, never mind... Not confident at all anymore.

cj_iwakura

I'm mad. Where's my portable Cath? A small DLC release? A new chapter?

The game deserved more support for it's modest success.

They never expected it. They went right from Catherine to P5, and then they saw it was a success and were like 'wow, uh, cool'.

Just two stages to go!

kewlmyc

Hahaha, that was pretty funny.

Well, they do have a huge screen that plays footage from whatever game the current music selection belongs to. They could always put a trailer up. I doubt it though.

cj_iwakura

Bring on P5, Hashino.

NPLLzxb.jpg

Final two jukebox unlocks: Pursuing My True Self, and for the Platinum?

HEAVEN!!! :D

Dantis

Guys, I meant next Tuesday. Duh!

Congrats on the Platinum, CJ. I hate you.

But it's supposed to be a music event celebrating the songs we enjoy from existing Persona material. It'd be a massive surprise and that's why I don't think it'll happen.

I'm confident in this, so I'd be ready to bet whatever that Persona 5 won't be announced before or on August 13th.

Edit: Uh, never mind... Not confident at all anymore.

What changed your mind?

Kazzy

They must be able to smell the desperation of this thread at this point. I don't know whether I'm bemused or impressed (probably a little of both), at your collective ability to create speculation out of nothing. It's going to reach the point that when it actually does happen, I doubt you'll actually believe it!

You're not going to find any broken-promise bets from me, no siree!

Moonlight

Banned
That's exactly what I think'll happen.

...what I want to happen, anyways.

EDIT: I'd like Dacidbro's thoughts on the Bananamerica movement, and the insanity that was the EVO 2013 P4 After Hours broadcast.

Meia

After having my first overnight shift stocking shelves at a supermarket, I have a new found respect for Yosuke. :p

*passes out*

Calling it now; Persona 5 reveal in September, PS3/PSV version for mid 2014. I expect the reveal announcement to be teased no more than a week prior.

Don't get too antsy about the eventual reveal. Relax. Go play something. Like maybe SMTIV, or one of the pre-P3 games on sale.

Rough 20 min doodle:

Just pre-ordered the Arena art book. Amazon has its release down for 13th August. Anyone know if Udon books tend to get delayed much? Both art books I've pre-ordered in the past (Zelda and Borderlands) got several delays, different publishers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom