• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Everything about the Q game is rubbing me the wrong way.... It makes perfect sense, especially given the team behind it and what they do best. But, I just can't bring myself to like it.... I kinda want to forget about it and hope it stays in Japan.

In contrast, P4D is quickly approaching the most amazing think ever and I think I'm just as hyped for that as I am for Persona 5 itself....

As buddha said in chat. Your opinion is like the polar opposite it seems. ;p

Damnit, Volcynika already claimed the Persona Q OT. I was thinking about asking Dantis to do it with me, with him on art. Oh well.

f9df.png

RIP IN PEACE YOU GLORIOUS P1-2EP YOU ;_;7

I actually think this game justifies its existence sorely because its amazing logo and the best announcer ever.

mb28.png

Oh and Igor didn't disappear, hes just taking a break.

p545.gif
p545.gif

Dantis

That Rise design for P4D is too cute. The cassette tape and that skirt scream 80s.

I'm hoping they include the
P4G epilogue designs as costumes
. Saw someone theorize that.

Also, I bet Marie is in.

I don't care for the design, but Soejima's art for it is crazy good. The Narukami design is hilariously awesome though, and the picture where he has his hand in the air is amazing.

And yeah,
I was saying earlier that I hope the epilogue outfits are in. I'll be really interested to see if the character designs are based on the epilogue or the original game. Technically, it should be the epilogue designs I think, but I have a feeling it won't be.

So.... a tsundere? In other words, she's Dantis. :O

What is this.

Has anyone noticed how lewd P4D's Rise is?

Yup.

As buddha said in chat. Your opinion is like the polar opposite it seems. ;p

Damnit, Volcynika already claimed the Persona Q OT. I was thinking about asking Dantis to do it with me, with him on art. Oh well.

I'm doing the P4D OT, haha, want to help me with that? :p

Persona 4: Dancing All Night |OT| Aha! Is This Our Dance?

Dantis

Yooou are a Tsundere! :p

I'll pass on that. I don't care for the dancing game at all. It kinda creeps me out.

LOL!

The OT title is too good an opportunity to pass up on.

How bizarre. It seems like all the games are basically done. He says P4D is finished, they're just adding more dances and events (Fingers crossed for lots of content, I guess?) and P4Q is in the polishing phase.

If they're all this far along, why are none of them releasing until summer next year?

Sophia

LOL!

I'm serious. You're like the ultimate Tsundere towards this franchise. From "Seriously, fuck everything." to making the game's OT in less than 24 hours. :p

How bizarre. It seems like all the games are basically done. He says P4D is finished, they're just adding more dances and events (Fingers crossed for lots of content, I guess?) and P4Q is in the polishing phase.

If they're all this far along, why are none of them releasing until summer next year?

Probably a matter of timing combined with next year being the Atlus 25th anniversary so they want to have lots of games for that year.

Meia

Because Index. I have a feeling these were the announcements we were probably going to get early in the year but got delayed. Not sure if P5 was part of this given how little the teaser reveal showed...

At any rate, I should be excited about P4D, but I'm not. I like rhythm games, I bought the miku game recently, so I think the trailer being flat out pants-on-head retarded is what did it. NOTHING about that trailer looked good, and it was douche chilling in it's purest form.

Sophia

I wanted the P4Q OT but it was already taken. :(

Guess we're in the same boat then. Volcynika claimed that thread stupidly fast. I was still dealing with stream stuff when he did so.

As an aside, I feel kinda hypocritical saying I don't care about the dancing game. I love music, I love dancing, I love Rhythm games, and I've been singing the Persona Q theme chorus for like awhile now...

Interesting little interview.

You better do it justice!

Well, Summer is only 5-6 Months away. And he says Q has only just started it's testing phase, while they are still adding more content to P4D.

Dantis

At any rate, I should be excited about P4D, but I'm not. I like rhythm games, I bought the miku game recently, so I think the trailer being flat out pants-on-head retarded is what did it. NOTHING about that trailer looked good, and it was douche chilling in it's purest form.

I find that kind of strange. The presentation is kind of great, and the song they debuted the game with was a remix of Pursuing My True Self. I really dislike the way female J pop singers look and dance, but even then I can just play the whole game as Narukami (Who I maintain looks hilaaaaarious).

There's a brief point in the trailer where it shows actual gameplay with Narukami, and honestly, it kinda looks really good.

Kanami's design is so awful though. Yuck.

Guess we're in the same boat then. Volcynika claimed that thread stupidly fast. I was still dealing with stream stuff when he did so.

As an aside, I feel kinda hypocritical saying I don't care about the dancing game. I love music, I love dancing, I love Rhythm games, and I've been singing the Persona Q theme chorus for like awhile now...

Apparently Volcynika does all the EO OTs, so I guess he's probably a huge fan, which kind of makes it okay, I think.

And yeah, the P4Q song is amazing. Can't wait to see the track list in P4D. So much potential. Shame that there's no chance any of the heavier stuff will be in though, Just wouldn't work.

Meia

I may have just been distracted by the Narukami part, but the announcer and presentation of it all just looked, well, *dumb* to me.

Dantis

Well, that's because it is.

It's incredibly stupid, and so far away from the tone and feel of Persona. I was talking to my brother yesterday about how funny it is that you get these three trailers which are so goofy and weird, and then you get this super slick, super polished Persona 5 trailer. Really highlights the differences between the mainline games and the spinoffs.

On the other hand, it's a game about Meguro music. Think about what songs are going to be in there. Reach? Burn My Dread Last Battle? Sky's The Limit? Time? There are so many great tracks that would fit the game perfectly.

Of course, I'll also have to suffer through True Story, but I'll just mute the game if for some reason I have to play it.

"This Smile is Megidolan Cute" was the dumbest thing ever. Which of course makes it perfect for a meme.

I couldn't even tell what he said, haha.

It's a shame that they'll presumably redub the announcer with someone like Patrick Seitz or Travis Willingham.

Sophia

Well, that's because it is.

It's incredibly stupid, and so far away from the tone and feel of Persona. I was talking to my brother yesterday about how funny it is that you get these three trailers which are so goofy and weird, and then you get this super slick, super polished Persona 5 trailer. Really highlights the differences between the mainline games and the spinoffs.

On the other hand, it's a game about Meguro music. Think about what songs are going to be in there. Reach? Burn My Dread Last Battle? Sky's The Limit? Time? There are so many great tracks that would fit the game perfectly.

Of course, I'll also have to suffer through True Story, but I'll just mute the game if for some reason I have to play it.

Huh, that must be why I dislike the dancing game so much. Persona Q is too adorable and amazing to apply that statement to it tho.

Kazzy

This is starting to sound like a kangaroo court in the defense of Persona 4 Dancing. I can't have that. I won't!

The OP needs to arrive so I can ascend abscond!

Dantis

Huh, that must be why I dislike the dancing game so much. Persona Q is too adorable and amazing to apply that statement to it tho.

But it's still goofy and weird and not in line with the mainstream titles, right? It's probably going to be a great game, but it feels completely different from a 'proper' Persona game.

It's like the Saturday morning version of Persona. Even the theme song sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon.

P4D literally looks like a reskinned Project Diva to me. But in doing so they removed the main parts of it that I dislike, so I'm okay with that.

This is starting to sound like a kangaroo court in the defense of Persona 4 Dancing. I can't have that. I won't!

I've never heard this term before, but I find it hilarious.

Sophia

But it's still goofy and weird and not in line with the mainstream titles, right? It's probably going to be a great game, but it feels completely different from a 'proper' Persona game.

It's like the Saturday morning version of Persona. Even the theme song sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon.

P4D literally looks like a reskinned Project Diva to me. But in doing so they removed the main parts of it that I dislike, so I'm okay with that.

There's something insanely charming about it, which sets it apart from the dancing game. And it's not really all that out of line with some of the more humorous stuff we've gotten.

Plus there's the fact that Etrian Odyssey director is on board, so it'll be one of the most oldschool Persona games in awhile. Five person parties? Focus on dungeon exploration? And I can use anyone from P3 or P4? Including Chibi Aigis? Sold!

Kazzy-chan, I have bad news for you... It sounds like a kagaroo court because it is one.

Personally I think the dancing game seems kinda soulless and creepy. Especially the fact that they're trying to make a story out of it. Which is weird, because like I said, the concept should be great.

Personally I think the dancing game seems kinda soulless and creepy. Especially the fact that they're trying to make a story out of it. Which is weird, because like I said, the concept should be great.

The one thing I do not like, is that stare Yu Hero gives to the camera, goes right into my heart.

Jintor

Oh come now, Persona has a dumb and goofy tone in parts. The spinoffs just tend to emphasize those bits, but hey - they're spinoffs. They're supposed to!

Kazzy

Oh come now, Persona has a dumb and goofy tone in parts. The spinoffs just tend to emphasize those bits, but hey - they're spinoffs. They're supposed to!

Is too much to want a game that plays like an extended version of the King's Game sequence? Too silly!? Boo...

Dantis

There's something insanely charming about it, which sets it apart from the dancing game. And it's not really all that out of line with some of the more humorous stuff we've gotten.

Plus there's the fact that Etrian Odyssey director is on board, so it'll be one of the most oldschool Persona games in awhile. Five person parties? Focus on dungeon exploration? And I can use anyone from P3 or P4? Including Chibi Aigis? Sold!

Perhaps more importantly, he's one of the battle planners from the Persona Team (Along with Toshiki Konishi), so he probably has some idea of what he's doing.

Kazzy-chan, I have bad news for you... It sounds like a kagaroo court because it is one.

Sure, but with Meguro music.

Sure, but the spinoffs absolutely has a significantly different tone. You'd never mistake, say, P4D for a Hashino game.

Sophia

Perhaps more importantly, he's one of the battle planners from the Persona Team (Along with Toshiki Konishi), so he probably has some idea of what he's doing.

Yup, and Etrian Odyssey has always had strong battle mechanics. <3

Sure, but with Meguro music.

Meguro music can't redeem how creepy and off that trailer was.

West release?

I doubt it. ArcSys has gone all Playstation now because their stuff just sells better there.

Tiu Neo

I hope there's an option to use the Japanese announcer. Maybe dual audio? But then, again, that would mean they would try to region lock the whole game, again...

BTW, I feel kile P4D is like Persona 4's shadow, by P4's own definition D:

Dantis

Meguro music can't redeem how creepy and off that trailer was.

When we're dancing to Sky's the Limit, all sins will be forgiven.

Any chance this will have online multiplayer?

I wouldn't mistake it for an RPG, but the trailer for P4D screams Persona 4 in my opinion.

This is such a weird thing to say. I disagree wholeheartedly.

Yes, but I also see no harm in it. They don't dilute the purity of the original games or something.

I said it has a very different tone, I didn't say that it dilutes the original game.

Dantis

COME AWWWWWWN. It's no fun if you don't rage a little at the games! I don't get you man, I think you hate the dancing game LESS than Arena, that boggles my mind!

As of this second, I am one thousand times more interested in P4D than Arena 2. You may notice that I've barely talked about it either positively or negatively. That's because I have zero interest in it either way. I already know that I'll hate it.

P4D has lots of Meguro, and art that reflects Soejima's style. How could I not like it more?

No, none of the DIVA games have had online multiplayer, don't see them starting with this one.

Lame. Guess I'm dancing alone.

As of this second, I am one thousand times more interested in P4D than Arena 2. You may notice that I've barely talked about it either positively or negatively. That's because I have zero interest in it either way. I already know that I'll hate it.

P4D has lots of Meguro, and art that reflects Soejima's style. How could I not like it more?

Lame. Guess I'm dancing alone.

BECAUSE ITS MIKU

Sophia

I honestly think the dancing game would be several times better if it didn't have a story. Like the Project Diva games. Or at the very least go full-on AU style crossover like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

Dantis

...Fuck you are right about that...wait...Persona 5 will have HD demons in the form of Personas for the first time....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUjh9Id6Id8&t=3s

Yup. Check the new P4D screenshot that's on Siliconera next to a drawing of Rise:

That is really, really fucking accurate. It's about as good as Catherine's characters looked.

Shame the outfit is awful, but whatever. I'll only play as Narukami anyway.

I honestly think the dancing game would be several times better if it didn't have a story. Like the Project Diva games. Or at the very least go full-on AU style crossover like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

This is how I felt about Arena, haha.

I don't think the story will be a big thing in this. And I'm sure it won't be canon.... Right?

cj_iwakura

All the best rhythm games have story.
(UNiSON, Space Channel 5, Gitaroo Man, Ouendan, Rez)

Sign me up. Make it as crazy as possible.

Sophia

This is how I felt about Arena, haha.

I don't think the story will be a big thing in this. And I'm sure it won't be canon.... Right?

Arena was fine however. ArcSys has always been known for their stories, and they've actually been competent and decently written. It was a natural fit, and the sequel looks even better.

And gods I hope the dancing game isn't canon.

Dantis

honestly, even if it 'is', I'm just gonna pretend it's not.

Again, this is how I feel about Arena.

Arena was fine however. ArcSys has always been known for their stories, and they've actually been competent and decently written. It was a natural fit, and the sequel looks even better.

And gods I hope the dancing game isn't canon.

Gonna laugh my ass of if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom