• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDude

Yeah, Persona Magazine is our best chance to at least get some characters.

I at least want to know how the main character look like and if there will be a female option.

The only reason I can see for not having a female option is not having the money to rerecord voice acting that references the protagonists gender.

Am I a sick person for actually wanting persona 5 to star animate objects? >__>

I hope chair-kun notices me.

It would remind me of that pigeon dating sim.

Lunar15

I at least want to know how the main character look like and if there will be a female option.

The only reason I can see for not having a female option is not having the money to rerecord voice acting that references the protagonists gender.

That and the fact that they'd have have to make all cutscenes to include both. Remember, P3P didn't have cutscenes, nor did they even show the MC outside of battles. It was an easier game for them to sneak in a female protagonist.

Either way, I'd be happy to have one, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just have to say, damn, over 500k views in a day. That's surpassed pretty much everything else on Atlus's Youtube account save a P4A trailer that's nearly 2 years old. They certainly got a lot of attention, if nothing else.

tumblr_mwsi16hu5k1qesqm0o1_500.png

tumblr_mwsi16hu5k1qesqm0o2_500.png

tumblr_mwsi16hu5k1qesqm0o4_r1_500.png

EMT0

Banned
From the Hashino interview on Siliconera:

Katsura Hashino: “I truly apologized for the delayed announcement! The development staff are working together as one in hopes of making each title something that can leave you with pleasant memories. Again, we will keep making games for you fans who continue sharing your love for the games we make, so thank you very much for your ongoing support!”

Does that all but confirm the, 'Yes, this game has been pushed back reveal-wise' thing the mods have been peddling?

FluxWaveZ

From the Hashino interview on Siliconera:

Does that all but confirm the, 'Yes, this game has been pushed back reveal-wise' thing the mods have been peddling?

If it's not a mistranslation, I guess that's the only meaning we could take from "delayed." Doesn't explain the circumstances, though.

Edit: I bet Sho Minazuki will be ready for the initial arcade launch of P4A2, from the looks of it.

Levito

Banned
Good interview with Hashino, though he makes it sound like the Persona Team is developing Persona Q internally. I thought the Etrian Odyssey people were doing that?

Squire

Banned
Good interview with Hashino, though he makes it sound like the Persona Team is developing Persona Q internally. I thought the Etrian Odyssey people were doing that?

EO is an internal Atlus IP. The team that makes it is adjacent to P-Studio.

But yeah, it's a great interview. You can tell they're trying to grow the brand in a way that appeals to fans and different types of fans rather than doing so purely for profitability.

No cynicism. Gotta love it.

Etrian Odyssey is developed internally by Atlus. So it wouldn't surprise me if the Persona Team jump in at points.

*edit* beaten by loads :c

FluxWaveZ

Persona-less Sho's title: "The Law-Defying Pun Machine"

I hope he's not into stupid Teddie types of puns and more into Simon Blackquill kinds of puns that have to do with grim subjects like murder and stuff.

p4u2_002_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Squire

Banned

I hope he's not into stupid Teddie types of puns and more into Simon Blackquill kinds of puns that have to do with grim subjects like murder and stuff.

p4u2_002_cs1w1_720x.jpg

So that's the catch with him, eh? No Persona?

FluxWaveZ

So that's the catch with him, eh? No Persona?

He has two versions. One where he has a Persona and one where he doesn't. They both have different moves and character portraits where the Sho with a Persona looks more evil than the one without.

I think Junpei and Yukari were talking a bit about this during the live stream,

FluxWaveZ

It seems like his Persona is either story related. Or he has two forms like Labrys. No persons attacks on his move list. I think.

It can be both. Labrys without a Persona did not have C and D attacks or a Burst because she did not have a Persona, however Sho without a Persona has A, B and C, D attacks AND has a Burst.

So it's most probably two playable forms and could be related to his story. Remember, the "culprit" in the original P4A didn't have a Persona so he couldn't enter the TV world by himself.

p4u2_002_cs1w1_720x.jpg

And according the wiki his title with a Persona is "The Defaced Dark Messiah"

It can be both. Labrys without a Persona did not have C and D attacks or a Burst because she did not have a Persona, however Sho without a Persona has A, B and C, D attacks AND has a Burst.

So it's most probably two playable forms and could be related to his story. Remember, the "culprit" in the original P4A didn't have a Persona so he couldn't enter the TV world by himself.

Yeah. That's pretty much what I meant...

Here is the link for those who haven't seen it. http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/753/753523/

FluxWaveZ

Well this is the last announced game in the P3/P4 storyline. I wouldn't be suprised if this game wraps that ip, especially with Elizabeth's P4A story.

Hm, well it's the end of the "P-1 Grand Prix" chapter, but I wonder if that actually incorporates Elizabeth's quest.

And I wonder what Sho's motivations are. His Persona-less version definitely doesn't seem to be manipulated by anything, though the portrait of the version with a Persona indicates that that one could be.

In that Famitsu interview, Hashino does specifically mention that the PS3 version will be "very voluminous." Wonder how long the story's gonna be.

Hm, well it's the end of the "P-1 Grand Prix" chapter, but I wonder if that actually incorporates Elizabeth's quest.

And I wonder what Sho's motivations are. His Persona-less version definitely doesn't seem to be manipulated by anything, though the portrait of the version with a Persona indicates that that one could be.

He could be a person with the potential of a Persona at Inaba, coerced by the malevolent entity.

FluxWaveZ

He could be a person with potential who was coerced by the malevolent entity.

But coerced how? He's not being manipulated and he wants to "slit everyone's throats", so it has to be for something. It'd be kinda simplistic to think that he just wants power, though that could be it.

Just noticed the preview pic they have for the ultimax trailer on http://www.giantbomb.com/ kinda spoils p4 :p

It's a badass preview pic and I think by outright including the guy in P4A2's trailer and even more explicitly in yesterday's Persona live stream, Atlus doesn't care much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom