• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Non-english true story is a blight on P4G's OST. English true story is a little better but a) incomplete and b) still True Story

Caladrius

Everybody seems to be acting in the exact opposite manner to their usual demeanors.

Is today Opposite day!?

Get your kawaii-ass uguu~ shit out of my Megaten, you damned heathens!

Redhood

Hey PersonaGAF! How well does P2:EP PS1 version holds up today? I am thinking of buying it for vita seeing how cheap it is! Care to chip in? Have played 4 and 3:Fes!

Squire

Banned
P5 thread is a shit show. Nobody wants to actually discuss the game/theorize. Only port begging, vain hopes it's not sett in high school, and bitching about EP not coming over. *sigh*

Everybody seems to be acting in the exact opposite manner to their usual demeanors.

Is today Opposite day!?

Get your kawaii-ass uguu~ shit out of my Megaten, you damned heathens!

Some people could stand to get over themselves, honestly.

P5 thread is a shit show. Nobody wants to actually discuss the game/theorize. Only port begging, vain hopes it's not sett in high school, and bitching about EP not coming over. *sigh*.

Glad I don't venture outside PersonaGAF very often for this very reason. Plus we're going to discuss all the games in here anyways!

P5 thread is a shit show. Nobody wants to actually discuss the game/theorize. Only port begging, vain hopes it's not sett in high school, and bitching about EP not coming over. *sigh*

When I went in it was a P3 vs P4 topic

And who?

Caladrius

Hey PersonaGAF! How well does P2:EP PS1 version holds up today? I am thinking of buying it for vita seeing how cheap it is! Care to chip in? Have played 4 and 3:Fes!

Go for Innocent Sin first if you haven't already. EP is a sequel to that.

The game has aged considerably and lacks a lot of the streamlining found in the later installments. Good as far as story goes though. If you like old-school RPGs definitely go for it, if not don't be afraid of jumping in, but expect a bumpy ride.

Video games are a life and death matter. Your apathy is disgusting.

I think he was referring to old-school Megaten fans and completely-rational Persona fans who are extremely happy with these recent developments.

Sophia

I think he was referring to old-school Megaten fans and completely-rational Persona fans who are extremely happy with these recent developments.

TBH, I don't think anyone has any room to complain about Persona spinoffs. After all the entire MegaTen franchise itself is just spinoffos of spinoffs. :p

I'm beginning to wonder if P5 will be anything other than a title some people wish they could throw about as their preferred system's exclusive. The arguments over whether Atlus is 'bound' to Sony or Nintendo are starting to get ridiculous.

I'm hesitant to over-analyze a teaser trailer, though, and at this point I think most people are just waiting for actual details. I'm very curious to see how Catherine's warm reception and sales have affected this title.

Yeah it's stuff like that which prevents me from posting in Persona threads outside of this one often. Same shit different day. I can post in other threads just fine, it's only Persona stuff really.

Yo93

PeAQRdx.gif

ejejejej...well.

Tamanon

Banned
p-atlus.jp now redirects to p-ch....which is a little weird as they never put up the last Skin they had.

Honestly, expecting them to keep P1/2 on all their websites is like expecting Square to keep Final Fantasy 4/6 on Final Fantasy websites. The games are so different and just aren't part of the current brand.

Dr. Buni

It is like people dislike everything about the previous games in P5 thread, since they want ATLUS to change basically everything about them. I still dare to go there, though...

The Persona Q thread, on other hand, I am not that bold :p

There's not much to discuss about the game, Honestly. We'd be seeing a lot more talk had Atlus showed gameplay.

I actually think it's P-Studio who has a problem with referencing old games. The main Atlus side of things have plenty of references to their older games in the new ones, and the main Atlus office had statues and posters of Maya , Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers characters and even SMT 1,2 and If.... Along with the newer games too.

Caladrius

It's not really opposite day is it? -___-

Ordinarily, I'd think was referring to me, but you've got the wrong end of the stick if it is.

THE BEST DAY! I'M SO GLAD IT'S BACK!

Wait, is it opposite day? HELP ME OUT HERE.

TUESDAY IS AWESOME. I THINK.

TBH, I don't think anyone has any room to complain about Persona spinoffs. After all the entire MegaTen franchise itself is just spinoffos of spinoffs. :p

MegaTen has consisted of absolutely nothing but completely original, standalone games whose only similarity is sharing demons.

Yeah it's stuff like that which prevents me from posting in Persona threads outside of this one often. Same shit different day. I can post in other threads just fine, it's only Persona stuff really.

Gaming side has certain "intelligence buttons" that just so happen to involve many of my least favorite things. I always go in there except it comes to looking for news or there's an |OT| for a new game that I hate.

I actually think it's P-Studio who has a problem with referencing old games. The main Atlus side of things have plenty of references to their older games in the new ones, and the main Atlus office had statues and posters of Maya , Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers characters and even SMT 1,2 and If.... Along with the newer games too.

Maybe it's a respect thing? Referencing a game that was not directed/produced by the current staff. I could see that maybe being the case.

Maybe it's a respect thing? Referencing a game that was not directed/produced by the current staff. I could see that maybe being the case.

I dunno, maybe? Is it odd that the P1/2 ports/remakes don't have the P-Studio logo, but all those side games like P4A/Ultimax/D and PQ that the P-Studio didn't make either do have the logo?

Dr. Buni

I dunno, maybe? Is it odd that the P1/2 ports/remakes don't have the P-Studio logo, but all those side games like P4A/Ultimax/D and PQ that the P-Studio didn't make either do have the logo?
Those aren't developed by the P-Studio, but they still are games related to Persona 3/4, games developed by the said studio, unlike Persona 1/2.

I can't set foot in the Gaming side right now. The amount of negatively flying around drains my positivity like some kind of dirtbag fun vampire. It's seriously counterbalancing the amount of joy I'm currently getting from AA5's DLC case.

Lunar15

Theodore was totally in that PQ trailer, but I guess he's canon no matter what, huh? They always had a brother, whether or not he was present. Can't have FeMC and MaleMC around at the same time, I guess.

Squire

Banned
I can't set foot in the Gaming side right now. The amount of negatively flying around drains my positivity like some kind of dirtbag fun vampire. It's seriously counterbalancing the amount of joy I'm currently getting from AA5's DLC case.

Yep. The whole vibe is very theworldisfullofshit.gif and that bums me out.

Lunar15

Wait, how are people negative? P5 just got announced and it looks to be right up everyone's alley!

Oh wait. Thisisneogaf.gif

Dr. Buni

Theodore was totally in that PQ trailer, but I guess he's canon no matter what, huh? They always had a brother, whether or not he was present. Can't have FeMC and MaleMC around at the same time, I guess.
They can give us the option to choose one or the other in PQ, but I guess it is easier to just ignore her existence outside of P3P instead.

NotLiquid

That awkward next gen transitional phase

Had a busy week this past week, but had a chance to sit down yesterday and glean through all of the Persona announcements. Man, I expected an announcement. I didn't expect such a flood of information! I've had a chance to process my thoughts on everything (I didn't want to post while my emotions were running high) and overall I'm pleased. It looks like the Persona team is really making something for every type of fan. Since they're all being released within a relatively short period of time (within a year), fans are able to take what they want and leave the rest. I admit I was hoping for a bit more information on P5 but I assume we'll either get little tidbits over the next year or a whole lot of information once one or two of these earlier games get released. Platform-wise, I'm happy for both the handheld games as well as the console games being PS3, as that would be a lot less expensive for me to purchase in order to play and I don't play Atlus games for their cutting edge graphics anyway. Soul Hackers being one of my favorite Atlus games ever is evidence of that. haha

I'm still afraid to peek into the P5 news thread so I'm just going to stay here if you all don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom