• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Buni

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land
Pokemon X&Y
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Sonic Lost World 3DS
Mario Kart 7
Phoenix Wright 5
Mario Tennis
Soul Hacker
Resident Evil: Revelations
Monster Hunter
Devil Survivor Overclocked
Rune Factory 4
Fire Emblem
Bravely Default
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
Good. I only agree with 1/3 of the list, but whatever.

Anyway, I keep rewatching PQ's trailer over and over again just to listen to the awesome song. I want the full version of it so badly.

Caladrius

Apparently he makes only one cameo appearence, and Junpei has taken his spot as the Magician social link. Like what they did for P3P and the female protag.

It still confuses me that they didn't give all of the party members social links (except for Koromaru, for obvious reasons.)

fertygo

Nice. I'm gonna read that review now.

Don't, I already regret doing that because its have spoiler to how they beat the boss etc. grrr..
Maybe I already forgot when watching seven month later though.. I hope.
It still confuses me that they didn't give all of the party members social links (except for Koromaru, for obvious reasons.)

Maybe at that point (P3) they're thinking its better for all S.Link is non-party mamber, more filler etc.

Obviously they realize its a mistake after that.

rObit

Banned
There are plenty of other reasons to get a 3DS.

I don't disagree. It's a cool little system with a ton of great games. It's just I've been happy with just having my Vita up until this point, but when that hits it's probably going to be the tipping point and I'll have to start trucking around 2 handhelds.

First-world problems.

I am so glad Kenji is basically gone from the P3 movie. There is justice in this world for an idiot like him. >_>;

Wow, what an unmemorable character. I am still working my way through The Answer for the first time and I had to stop and think of who the hell that was. Got him to like S.link 5 or something and he got mad at me so I said fuck that and never talked to him again.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Wow, what an unmemorable character. I am still working my way through The Answer for the first time and I had to stop and think of who the hell that was. Got him to like S.link 5 or something and he got mad at me so I said fuck that and never talked to him again.

Kenji is such a turd.

I did end up maxing his link though. I got Surt out of the deal so....

Dr. Buni

I had to google 'Persona 3 Kenji" because I didn't know who the hell you were talking about. Talk about an extremely forgettable character.
Those are really the two best games on the system anyway, so you done good.
How, if I did not play any of those two games yet?

Sophia

He gets worse in Persona 3 Portable, especially when you realize he's basically lusting after an older woman whom he has no chance of getting with. And his childhood friend who is incredibly beautiful and usually kind and is basically head over heels in love with him and he doesn't realize it.

Idiot is the only appropriate word to describe him.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How, if I did not play any of those two games yet?

Just one man's humble opinion. :)

He gets worse in Persona 3 Portable, especially when you realize he's basically lusting after an older woman whom he has no chance of getting with. And his childhood friend who is incredibly beautiful and usually kind and is basically head over heels in love with him and he doesn't realize it.

In FemMC's route, yeah, and Rio is a cutie.

Idiot is a huge understatement for Kenji.

fertygo

Why would you do that? You missed out the early level Persona that have highest level agi attack, you can only inherit it if you have that one.

PK Gaming

So far i'm liking nearly all of the changes in the movie

-Makoto is a much more compelling character. They used his silent character motif in a creative way
-Fuuka is no longer your goddamned waifu, and one Makoto's earliest friends which is something I really, really, really enjoy. (She should not have been locked behind max courage, smh). She apparently benefits from added character development (which she sorely needed) and her relationship with Natsuki has been strengthened
-Out with the garbage (Kenji) in with the hero (Junpei). Need I say more?

So overall... CHECK PLEASE!

rObit

Banned
Kenji's SL at least more amusing than the music club dude.

Yeah, I maxed that one out hoping that something would come of it, but it wasn't as interesting as I'd hoped. Not terrible, though.

Ugh, it was bad enough without the second part.

Why would you do that? You missed out the early level Persona that have highest level agi attack, you can only inherit it if you have that one.

I wasn't looking at a guide or anything while I played (except for quiz answers), so I didn't know that and didn't consider it. Also, first time through I've been playing these on easy so I could enjoy the story stuff more, so I wasn't really missing out on damage.

By the way, playing on easy up to this point has made The Answer quite the bitch so far. I'm having to teach myself how to play more conservatively now. Buffs? What?!

Meia

I wonder if Atlus looks back on the Kenji link and kind of shivers at how it was. Does ANYONE like that one?

Making Fuuka a better character so everyone can know she's best girl in P3? I'm ok with this. :)

Real talk: P3P had probably the best non-party female Slinks ever. Rio and Saori are god tier.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
d7PbqJH.jpg

CF519PZ.jpg

:(

Sophia

I wonder if Atlus looks back on the Kenji link and kind of shivers at how it was. Does ANYONE like that one?

Judging from the changes they made in P3P, I'm going to have to assume they don't think too fondly of Kenji, Keisuke, or Nozomi. All three of those got replaced without hesitation. I bet they're not really in the movies either.

Meia

She HAS to be in the damn game. We have Marie, we get THEODORE who's only in P3P, but NOT Minako? Calling bullshit on that. :mad:

Moonlight

Banned
Kenji will not be fucking missed.

It could be nothing, but I found it interesting that when each chair appeared, it had no ball and chain until a new chair appeared.
Oh, hell. I never thought about it like that. Ties in well with the game possibly suggesting that relationships and commitment are holding people back. I was going with 'personal obligations' in general.

Acid08

Banned
So in all this excitement I decided to download P2: IS and EP to play after I finish P4G. It's going to be weird going from the height of streamlined Persona in P4G to the old stuff :p

Levito

Banned
Probably should've left out Bruce buffer at the beginning but I couldn't help it. :p

Everyone has so many kawaii avatars now.

Marche90

Probably should've left out Bruce buffer at the beginning but I couldn't help it. :p

Everyone has so many kawaii avatars now.

You should join us! Chie-Rock had a good run, and we will miss it, but it's time to move on, as we are moving on from Persona 4 to Persona 5

...well, sort of, we are still getting P3/P4 games but you know what I mean

Squire

Banned
You should join us! Chie-Rock had a good run, and we will miss it, but it's time to move on, as we are moving on from Persona 4 to Persona 5

...well, sort of, we are still getting P3/P4 games but you know what I mean

LOL, I know what you mean, but as long as P3/4 are in the conversation we haven't really moved on.

I want a P4D avatar, but there's basically no screens or art, so I'll have to wait!

1. Yeah, they're my OC's.
2. Correct! Care to guess which character corresponds to each PersonaGAF character?

Reila - Lunar15 - ??? - Crazy Dude - Sophia
??? - Inorigo - Moonlight - either Smedwicks or cjkeats - Trigger - ???

Most of these are tricky, but I'm pretty sure for Inorigo and Moonlight since the resemblance is strong.

Marche90

LOL, I know what you mean, but as long as P3/4 are in the conversation we haven't really moved on.

I want a P4D avatar, but there's basically no screens or art, so I'll have to wait!

You're 100% right on that. Not that I'm complaining (will probably end up buying everything lol)

...I am a part of the problem, right? ;_;

And yes, Kanami's design was great, but it's a shame there's not a single good capture of her or official art.

Meia

Portable version has better social links if you use the new female MC, ability to control your party members, skill cards so a more flexible persona system, and your party members aid you in battle more(like they do in P4). However you lose any and all presentation the original game had, making a few of the more emotional scenes have way less impact.

If you can figure out how to control the AI characters smartly(not impossible), P3 Fes is fine. Can even give you some pointers to make it for the most part painless.

Sophia

Everything about the dancing game is rubbing me the wrong way.... It makes perfect sense, especially given all the remix albums and live concerts. But, I just can't bring myself to like it.... I kinda want to forget about it and hope it stays in Japan.

In contrast, Persona Q is quickly approaching the most amazing think ever and I think I'm just as hyped for that as I am for Persona 5 itself....

So after the announcement of P5, I thought it’s about time to visit P3. Should I go for the portable version or FES PS2?

Play whichever version is easier to obtain. FES lacks Portable's improvements and Female Protagonist, but Portable has a much weaker presentation and lacks some story content such as The Answer.

Everything about the dancing game is rubbing me the wrong way.... It makes perfect sense, especially given all the remix albums and live concerts. But, I just can't bring myself to like it.... I kinda want to forget about it and hope it stays in Japan.

In contrast, Persona Q is quickly approaching the most amazing think ever and I think I'm just as hyped for that as I am for Persona 5 itself....

Everything about the Q game is rubbing me the wrong way.... It makes perfect sense, especially given the team behind it and what they do best. But, I just can't bring myself to like it.... I kinda want to forget about it and hope it stays in Japan.

In contrast, P4D is quickly approaching the most amazing think ever and I think I'm just as hyped for that as I am for Persona 5 itself....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom