• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

#yearofpersona

Watching the boards like a hawk for fan art.

I have this uneasy feeling though. Now the games announced, but we're still in uncharted waters. I guess it's time to worry over whether it will turn out good or not! :(

But that's like worrying over whether or not the sky will be blue.

Caladrius

Ha. The only game's final quality I wonder about is P4D because the rest seem like they'll all be awesome.

I think the core gameplay will be fine. It looks like it plays similarly to Project DIVA, which is pretty solid. They just need to make sure they add enough content (songs, characters, costumes, fluff) for it.

PK Gaming

Mourning the lost, huh. I think I was somewhat in denial before p-ch opened up, myself.

"Here lies P2
1999 - 2013"

Persona2_023.png
Persona2_177.png
Persona2_193.png
Persona2_155.png
Persona2_163.png

Persona2_141.png
Persona2_288.png
Persona2_293.png
Persona2_292.png
Persona2_056.png
Persona2_064.png

FluxWaveZ

I don't think I've ever seen negative impressions of PDF, fwiw.

We really just have that trailer (and some gameplay from the live stream) to judge, but I guess it's just that I haven't really spent time with rhythm games of that style, I think. If/when I get P4D, it'll be the first I try out.

Lunar15

Hmm.

I wonder if one of the themes is dependency.

Hmm, being tied down by relationships? That'd be quite a twist for persona's themes, no?

But yeah, cellphones, glass breaking, and corks popping make me think of different types of relationships.

It could be nothing, but I found it interesting that when each chair appeared, it had no ball and chain until a new chair appeared.

Squire

Banned
As much as some people hate these spin-offs, I respect how much tact they're being handled with. P4A and P4D are both being handled by respected studios in their respective genres, and as SatelliteOfLove pointed out in the thread about the teaser being awesome, they're all core games on dedicated gaming devices.

Hmm, being tied down by relationships? That'd be quite a twist for persona's themes, no?

But yeah, cellphones, glass breaking, and corks popping make me think of different types of relationships.

It could be nothing, but I found it interesting that when each chair appeared, it had no ball and chain until a new chair appeared.

Yeah, I mean, we all learn that co-dependency isn't good when taken to an extreme. We all need to be able to stand alone and harness our own strength and that's another big theme of Persona - the power of the self.

And yeah, nice observation. Makes we wonder about the new group dynamic.

FluxWaveZ

I think this is both silly and pointless. Atlus will do what they will, I'm happy it's on PS3. They can work wonders on any gen hardware.

What'd be wrong with seeing Sony help Atlus bring the game to the PS4 as well? I'd like a dream scenario where Sony would help Atlus along with localization so we could get the game faster and also bring the game over to PS4 in addition to PS3 since the platform would definitely benefit from a JRPG in 2014.

I'm fine with just PS3 too, of course, but I want anything that'll help P5 localization.

As much as some people hate these spin-offs, I respect how much tact they're being handled with. P4A and P4D are both being handled by respected studios in their respective genres, and as SatelliteOfLove pointed out in the thread about the teaser being awesome, they're all core games on dedicated gaming devices.

Heh, anything but the mobile route's fine with me. Well, mostly anything.

Lunar15

Super speculation mode, but what if the text in the trailer is actually the villain speaking? There is an ominous tone to it. Like... "Ah, I see that you're enslaved by your relationships. I can offer you freedom..."

What if the villain actively works against your social links?

cj_iwakura

What'd be wrong with seeing Sony help Atlus bring the game to the PS4 as well? I'd like a dream scenario where Sony would help Atlus along with localization so we could get the game faster and also bring the game over to PS4 in addition to PS3 since the platform would definitely benefit from a JRPG in 2014.

I'm fine with just PS3 too, of course, but I want anything that'll help P5 localization.

Because Atlus USA do just fine on their own, and I don't want anything jeopardizing P5's development. We've waited long enough.

FluxWaveZ

Because Atlus USA do just fine on their own, and I don't want anything jeopardizing P5's development. We've waited long enough.

I see. I'm approaching this from the perspective of Sony helping Atlus and not hindering them, but I'm for whatever would be best for P5.

Sophia

I have a feeling it won't do any good, but mostly on the account that I suspect it'll end up PS3/PS4 anyhow. With the abundance of cross-gen titles, especially out of Japanese developers, I'd be shocked if it wasn't at least being considered.....

Caladrius

I have a feeling it won't do any good, but mostly on the account that I suspect it'll end up PS3/PS4 anyhow. With the abundance of cross-gen titles, especially out of Japanese developers, I'd be shocked if it wasn't at least being considered.....

That's what an updated re-release is for!
:D
:)
:|
>:[

Definitely. I still have most of my old consoles (minus my PS1 and Dreamcast).

The time I've willingly sold a console was with my Gamecube and I had a Wii at that point to play all my Gamecube games. (The time one was unwillingly sold was when my Dad traded my 64 and all of my games away to buy GTA San Andreas. /salt)

Squire

Banned

Yep. I was saying exactly that if you think back to TGS there were a lot of fairly niche games for PSP/Vita or even PSP/Vita/PS3. That seems to be something Somy is encouraging (we're seeing in the west with several indie games on Vita/PS3/PS4) and Sega's even doing with Yakuza Isshin.

I'm not ruling out a PS4 version yet.

rObit

Banned
Oh god, I just caught up on everything. I want it. All of it. Assuming the 3DS title gets localized I may even buy a 3DS just for that game....someone halp.

Soriku

aeana said they moved the game back to PS3 earlier this year due to developmental/financial issues. So unless Sega really feels a PS4 version would be beneficial I bet they'll just stick to making the best game they can on PS3. I don't really see Sony doing much of anything.

A PS4 version (released simultaneously with the PS3 version) would just delay the game even more past the already super late Winter 2014 release so no thanks.

Squire

Banned
aeana said they moved the game back to PS3 earlier this year due to developmental/financial issues. So unless Sega really feels a PS4 version would be beneficial I bet they'll just stick to making the best game they can on PS3. I don't really see Sony doing much of anything.

A PS4 version (released simultaneously with the PS3 version) would just delay the game even more past the already super late Winter 2014 release so no thanks.

I already knew that and it was annoying secret to have to keep.

I still wouldn't rule out the PS4 version being back on.

Also, sorry if late, but did anyone else notice the P5 art has five rows of chairs?

LOL, high school confirmed.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kinda weird there's no P4A2 for Xbox 360 though.

Caladrius

Pokemon
A link Between Worlds
Mario 3D land
Kid Icarus
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Mansion
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Mario Kart 7
Fire Emblem Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV and Millenial Girl
Shin Megami Tensei IV
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Tennis
OoT3D

There are probably more I'm forgetting about.

Dr. Buni

Pokemon
A link Between Worlds
Mario 3D land
Kid Icarus
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Mansion
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Mario Kart 7
Fire Emblem Awakening
Etrian Odyssey
Shin Megami Tensei IV
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Tennis
OoT3D

There are probably more I'm forgetting about.
SMT IV, Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Bravely Default, Ace Attorney, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, etc.?
Ok.. Don't get me wrong, I just wanted to see which games people would bring up to justify buying a 3DS.

Gazoinks

Yeah, I recently realized that, after completely ignoring the thing for a while, there's a pretty nice pile of good stuff for the 3DS I want to play, so I'm hoping to get one fairly soon (Xmas plz :p). PQ only helps seal the deal.

CrazyDude

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land
Pokemon X&Y
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Sonic Lost World 3DS
Mario Kart 7
Phoenix Wright 5
Mario Tennis
Soul Hacker
Resident Evil: Revelations
Monster Hunter
Devil Survivor Overclocked
Rune Factory 4
Fire Emblem
Bravely Default
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney

cjkeats

I wanna go back to p3 soon, and see FES cause I only played p3p. I was waiting for the announcements just in case there was another P3 release.

Guess that isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom