• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daimaou

But coerced how? He's not being manipulated and he wants to "slit everyone's throats", so it has to be for something. It'd be kinda simplistic to think that he just wants power, though that could be it.

(P4 Spoilers, though I don't know why I'm bothering at this point)
Him being a criminal could explain why Adachi is around, too. Maybe Adachi told him about the TV world in prison and they broke out?

FluxWaveZ

(P4 Spoilers, though I don't know why I'm bothering at this point)
Him being a criminal could explain why Adachi is around, too. Maybe Adachi told him about the TV world in prison and they broke out?

P4A spoilers
But if we're to assume that Sho is the culprit in P4A who threw Labrys into the television, he would have known precisely what the TV world was in that scenario and I think him introducing himself as a "criminal" to Yu might be just to mock him and state that he's the one who's responsible.

Either way, both of these explanations wouldn't really say why he wants to kill everyone (unless it goes back to the reason of wanting power, which seems rather simplistic).

Edit: The Shadow Brigade is a team. I hadn't ever considered the idea that Shadows could potentially interact with each other and fight amongst themselves in the story mode. That sounds like a really compelling idea, heh.

Dantis

I wonder if we'll ever see art of the new characters from P4Q in a not chibi style? That could be interesting, though the designs look a bit crap.

I guess I really want to just see more of anything that was announced tomorrow. I hope we see something of something before the end of the year.

I wonder if we'll ever see art of the new characters from P4Q in a not chibi style? That could be interesting, though the designs look a bit crap.

I guess I really want to just see more of anything that was announced tomorrow. I hope we see something of something before the end of the year.

Do we know if Soejima designed the concept for them? Or was that the EO team.

Apparantly the Adachi in Ultimax is
a past version of him that enters the TV world thanks to the temporal anomalies caused by the red mist. I guess that explains why he's up to his old shenanigans after what happened to him at the end of P4...

Squire

Banned

Dual crossbows? Soejima pls.

But yeah, I'm starving for direct feed media besides the trailers.

FluxWaveZ

Well, in the Famitsu interview, Famitsu themselves says look forward to this week's issue.

Yeah, though we don't know if that concerns their interview or if it's actually for more significant info about the games.

a past version of him that enters the TV world thanks to the temporal anomalies caused by the red mist. I guess that explains why he's up to his old shenanigans after what happened to him at the end of P4...

Where did you get this?

In the trailer he straight up says: "Boy, you lot sure don't change. You're as naive as ever." Kinda contradicts that theory.

EMT0

Banned
Well, in the Famitsu interview, Famitsu themselves says look forward to this week's issue.

Everybody get your Tuesday on!

Wait, whaaaaa. I need a source man, don't leave me hanging D:

Dantis

Do we know if Soejima designed the concept for them? Or was that the EO team.

Soejima is credited for the character designs, but honestly, that probably means nothing.

It's something we probably won't know for sure until release.

Interesting. I'd assume it will probably just be Arena 2 at first?

Dual crossbows? Soejima pls.

But yeah, I'm starving for direct feed media besides the trailers.

Wut. Who has dual crossbows? The black haired guy?

Dantis

I'd never noticed.

How silly.

His design doesn't look very Soejima-esque, what with the black cape and spiky collar, but who knows? Maybe he was trying to make something a bit more childish to fit in with the aesthetic?

Going to get a 3DS soonish I think.

PersonaGAF-- Soul Hackers or SMTIV? (Which first)

I really enjoyed Soul Hackers, but it's a game that shows its age. The new voice acting helps a lot, and the characters are a lot of fun, particularly Nemissa and Hitomi. It's still a 90s JRPG though, so be ready for design and gameplay conventions in line with that era. The gameplay feels very Megaten, and it has demon negotiations so if you like that (I don't really) you'll probably enjoy it here.

I haven't finished SMTIV yet, so I can't speak to it as much, but what I've played was fun and incredibly difficult. I haven't connected to the story and characters as much as something like Persona or even Soul Hackers, which is part of why I put it down, but the gameplay was pretty fun. It's definitely worth your time, but I'd say get Soul Hackers first.

Squire

Banned
Actually I should probably just start Eternal Punishment rather than buy a new system.

*Innocent Sin

And I hope you can stick with it. I was really enjoying the story and the music, but I don't like that combat and I haven't had the patience to play through a game with my nose stuck in a walkthrough since Pokemon Gold.

Edit: Oh, you probably already played IS.

Dantis

*Innocent Sin

And I hope you can stick with it. I was really enjoying the story and the music, but I don't like that combat and I haven't had the patience to play through a game with my nose stuck in a walkthrough since Pokemon Gold.

Oh, you didn't finish it? That's a shame. The ending is where the story becomes rather interesting.

Dantis

Isn't that just P4D? I'll be a monkey's uncle if there's no references to Project Diva in P4D be that tracks, dlc characters, or costumes.

I think a Miku outfit will definitely be in, but I wouldn't expect anything beyond that, especially not characters or tracks.

It's still on my Vita and everything. I might go back to it, but don't hold your breath.

Unfortunate. It's very much a product of its time though, and is pretty much wholly different from the Persona that we know now.

I'd never noticed.

How silly.

His design doesn't look very Soejima-esque, what with the black cape and spiky collar, but who knows? Maybe he was trying to make something a bit more childish to fit in with the aesthetic?
COUGH
I knew that I wasn't the only one that felt that way.

*Innocent Sin

Edit: Oh, you probably already played IS.

I haven't started P2IS yet, but since P2 are the only games that I haven't finished in the series, I was planning to start them soon. Could you go into more detail about why you put it down? I'm very interested in your opinion on this, especially because combined the P2 games are a lengthy investment, and I could just play P3P again :p

Lunar15

I'm sure they'll explain it with the "red fog". That seems like a good macguffin to explain everything with.

The re-appearance of Tartarus at Yasogami is pretty important. Tartarus has a very specific purpose in P3, and one has to wonder if it's being used for the same purpose here.

Regarding the PQ new characters: I'm fine with the dual crossbow black guy, his design although (as said before me)a little childish, is fine

The Corndog loli makes me puke though. I pray that the character designs in Persona 5 (especially the females) are closer to the character designs we've seen and loved from other persona games than what we've seen recently with Labrys and Corndog chick

EMT0

Banned
So guys, help me out here. I noticed that just before the reveal of Persona 5, we saw a stuffed rabbit that was mauled. I can't find a clip to prove it though. Then I randomly watched the Persona 2 intro trailer yesterday, and I noticed what may very well be that same rabbit. Possibly drawn with a different art style or redesigned, I can't say for sure.

This is the bunny I'm talking about

Now, we didn't get One. Goddamn. Reference. to Persona 2 throughout the entirety of the 72 hours. Zip. Nada. Then we get this....and Nyarlathotep
is probably returning in Arena as the Malevolent Entity.
Then we have the Shadow Ops teaser in Arena that looks like it has characters that look like they could be Nanjo, Eikichi, Maki, and so on.

Am I seeing dots where there is nothing, or is this all pointing at something?

Venfayth

Regarding the PQ new characters: I'm fine with the dual crossbow black guy, his design although (as said before me)a little childish, is fine

The Corndog loli makes me puke though. I pray that the character designs in Persona 5 (especially the females) are closer to the character designs we've seen and loved from other persona games than what we've seen recently with Labrys and Corndog chick

She's chibi, that doesn't make her a loli. :/

Not that there's anything wrong with lolis to begin with.

I don't understand why people hate cute things. Especially in cute games.

So guys, help me out here. I noticed that just before the reveal of Persona 5, we saw a stuffed rabbit that was mauled. I can't find a clip to prove it though. Then I randomly watched the Persona 2 intro trailer yesterday, and I noticed what may very well be that same rabbit. Possibly drawn with a different art style or redesigned, I can't say for sure.

Now, we didn't get One. Goddamn. Reference. to Persona 2 throughout the entirety of the 72 hours. Zip. Nada. Then we get this....and Nyarlathotep
Then we have the Shadow Ops teaser in Arena that looks like it has characters that look like they could be Nanjo, Eikichi, Maki, and so on.

Do you mean the one from the Persona Q trailer?

pan-hime

tumblr_mwsolcBI5y1qh9sllo1_1280.jpg
this is actually really cool.

I assume you're talking about Mr. Bunbun, Maya's bunny from Persona 2 showing up in the Persona Q trailer? I'm not sure how the PQ bunny factors into the story, but it looks like it's modeled after Aigis (gold rim around the arm near the body, red bow). Mr. Bunbun has a heart on its chest, which is absent from the PQ bunny.

I don't think they're related, but it could be a inside-joke reference, like Innocent Sin Online in P3.

Squire

Banned
Unfortunate. It's very much a product of its time though, and is pretty much wholly different from the Persona that we know now.

You know, I actually disagree. I think it's a really interesting midpoint for the series. Tonally it's the same as the latter games and you can tell they came up with S. Links because they write these copious amounts of dialogue for the characters.

The gameplay is SMT though and that's where the series needed to establish it's own identity to become more than just a spin-off. Obviously they've achieved that.

I haven't started P2IS yet, but since P2 are the only games that I haven't finished in the series, I was planning to start them soon. Could you go into more detail about why you put it down? I'm very interested in your opinion on this, especially because combined the P2 games are a lengthy investment, and I could just play P3P again :p

So, I played about 6 hours of IS. I really like the characters - seriously, they're great. Immediately likable, well-written; I'd love to really see where they go, eventually - and the music's bumpin'.

But the act of actually playing that game is a chore. The gameplay is repetitive (spam fusion spells!), the design is redundant (here's three damage types even though they could probably all fit under one!) and it's almost offensively full of red herrings (you can buy weapons and armor even though you shouldn't!)

The fighting isn't fun and the encounter rate is crazy high in IS PSP as well. Someone will quote this post in thirty minutes or less to say how the game isn't really that bad, but I think it's deeply flawed.

It's worth a try though as a piece of the series history. I hope you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom