• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GODDAMIT. It just had to be in the non-canon game ;____;

EDIT: Doesn't mean all these Persona 2 teasers aren't leading anywhere though, right? They've got angles that let them tackle Persona 2 on more than one front if their teasers actually end up being anything of substance. Maybe 2015 will be the year of Persona 2. Reboots, anime, and everything.

/Positive Think

I admit, no matter which direction they decide to go in the Arena sequel, I hope it brings in P1/P2.
Still hoping for Nyarly to be the Malevolent Entity and I'd love the Shadow Ops theory to be true. Nanjo and Mitsuru's money working together would be a force to be reckoned with.
Out of all the announcements, I think that one has the best shot from what we've seen thus far.

pan-hime

BZ5oRniCMAAIOat.jpg

What's with Persona 3 and food?

She's chibi, that doesn't make her a loli. :/

Not that there's anything wrong with lolis to begin with.

I don't understand why people hate cute things. Especially in cute games.

It's not that I hate cute things, it's just that it's too much, and it makes the design unrealistic. One of the good things about Persona is that, although stylized, the character designs are believable and realistic. The characters could be actual people you see everyday. Sadly that's not the case with her or crossbow dude

(although I might be a hypocrite because the only reason I gave crossbow dude a pass is my personal bias towards dual crossbows I.e. they're badass)

But I've digressed, perfect examples of characters that are cute without crossing the threshold into "too much" are Chie, Yukari, and if course Nanako and I'd rather the series follow the precedent set by these characters than go to a different route.

Dr. Buni

She's chibi, that doesn't make her a loli. :/

Not that there's anything wrong with lolis to begin with.

I don't understand why people hate cute things. Especially in cute games.
Yeah, if Persona Q's art style was similar to Persona 3/4's, the new girl would have "correct" body proportions like Yukari, Chie, etc.

Also if someone can make me an icon if Chibi Mitsuru with her sword that'd be awesome.

Hey CT, here's a couple of avatars. One is just Mitsuru, and the other features a PQ-style background like my new one.

Enjoy!

mitsuru_kirijo___personaq_avatar__transparent__by_darkside989-d6vlz94.png

mitsuru_kirijo___personaq_avatar__pq_background__by_darkside989-d6vlzlj.png

EDIT:

I can in a couple if hours. Can you post the picture you're thinking of?

Whoops, sorry about that Spectra! I didn't see your message until after I posted these :X

Moonlight

Banned
So, I played about 6 hours of IS. I really like the characters - seriously, they're great. Immediately likable, well-written; I'd love to really see where they go, eventually - and the music's bumpin'.

But the act of actually playing that game is a chore. The gameplay is repetitive (spam fusion spells!), the design is redundant (here's three damage types even though they could probably all fit under one!) and it's almost offensively full of red herrings (you can buy weapons and armor even though you shouldn't!)

The fighting isn't fun and the encounter rate is crazy high in IS PSP as well. Someone will quote this post in thirty minutes or less to say how the game isn't really that bad, but I think it's deeply flawed.

It's worth a try though as a piece of the series history. I hope you like it.
Pretty much where my thoughts went with IS. It has a great story to tell with tons of great characters, but the actual act of playing through it is just boring.

BZ5oRniCMAAIOat.jpg

What's with Persona 3 and food?
Actually, Fuuka looks delicious.

for the people who were complaining about how p4DAN seems out of place for the persona series, literally every game in the series besides p3 has had dancing, including, perhaps most importantly to this discussion, the game p4DAN is a spin-off of, so y'all need to chill the h*ck out. it isn't like they took a series you really liked and transformed it into a dating sim.

fertygo

P4 best moment is when shit goes silly, let see what happened if they goes all out on that front.. Yu better done a double backflip at some dance.

Dr. Buni

Re-reading the live countdown thread is priceless, a lot of people bashing Persona Q are using Persona Q/chibi-themed avatars now.

ssshadow

Neo Member
Am I the only one who is not that hyped about PQ? While the concept looks fun, I just hate random encounters so much for some reason. A game with random encounters is literally hard to play for me, although I really don't know why I feel this way. Though I suppose I could give it a try anyway, if I ever decide to import a 2DS for SMT4 and some other games.

Also strange to hear that P5 was moved from PS4 to PS3, seems like a bigger effort than dealing with whatever problems they had with the PS4, unless they simply ran out of money, which is quite possible with the whole Index situation I guess.

Gazoinks

Am I the only one who is not that hyped about PQ? While the concept looks fun, I just hate random encounters so much for some reason. A game with random encounters is literally hard to play for me, although I really don't know why I feel this way. Though I suppose I could give it a try anyway, if I ever decide to import a 2DS for SMT4 and some other games.

Also strange to hear that P5 was moved from PS4 to PS3, seems like a bigger effort than dealing with whatever problems they had with the PS4, unless they simply ran out of money, which is quite possible with the whole Index situation I guess.

Random encounters really depend on the game for me. If it's a relatively linear dungeon crawl game I don't mind. If it's game where you're doing a lot of backtracking over areas with random encounters it is the devil itself.

ssshadow

Neo Member
Random encounters really depend on the game for me. If it's a relatively linear dungeon crawl game I don't mind. If it's game where you're doing a lot of backtracking over areas with random encounters it is the devil itself.

Which reminds me of the final dungeon in Nocturne. That was painful. I think that game might actually have made me hate random encounters, because I remember not minding them in the older FF titles for instance.

uuuuh P5 was literally never being developed for the PS4. It's always been a PS3 game.

HEY ALL YOU FIGHTING GAME PLAYERS. On the 13th Dacidbro, along with Lordknight(yes THE Lordknight) will be coming on the podcast. Are any of you well versed in fighting games interested in being on the panel? (It'll also be livestreamed)

The Dacid signal worked!

I'm probably gonna be busy with some family event that day so I'm not gonna pretend I know what I'm talking aboutsign up but I'd love to listen. Flux would be a great person to get on board I'm sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom