• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I'm probably gonna be busy with some family event that day so I'm not gonna pretend I know what I'm talking aboutsign up but I'd love to listen. Flux would be a great person to get on board I'm sure though.

I wouldn't, believe you me.

Can't wait for Thursday. It'll be fun to take notes and watch a ton of videos/live streams of this game I won't be able to play for another 7-9 months. At least some media such as character portraits, small story details and music will begin to surface.

Kinda neat how they've deliberately spaced out the Persona games:

Winter 2013 - P4A2 arcade release
Spring 2014 - Persona Q
Summer 2014 - P4A2 console release
Fall 2014 - P4D
Winter 2014 - Persona 5

Caladrius

You're right. I'll try it again without the guide. Any game that has a time limit kinda bothers me, that feeling of missing something....

Don't think too much about what you're missing. There's a New Game plus feature that lets you carry a lot of stuff over to make subsequent playthroughs very streamlined so you can do a lot more stuff without any hassle.

Having 100% maxed social links is something you could definitely go for in the New Game +. (Where your character traits [courage,knowledge,etc.] are developed enough that you can probably access all of the social links as soon as they become available.)

Something tells me the game is going to get pushed to 2015, Just this awful feeling because it's an HD game and Japanese developers tend to struggle with the PS3. :\

Squire

Banned

Spring 2014 - Persona Q
Fall 2014 - P4D
Winter 2014 - Persona 5

#YearOfPersona

Yep.

I think I missed the Halloween picture. Can you post it again, Dan?

Edit: In this context (the release window for a Japanese title) "Winter 2014" means the period from Thanksgiving to New Years.

Square Enix did the same thing when they announced FFXIII-2 and people had the same silly debate for a while. It just means very late fall.

Caladrius

Since it's not the case, maybe they specifically mean winter 2014 as December 2014... or January-March 2015.

I can't stand "release windows". Especially for "winter". I think in the context of video games that's my least favorite word after "delayed" and "cancelled".

Levito

Banned
Kinda weird they went back to PS3 after PS4 development. I mean yes the PS3 has the larger install base, but the PS4 is selling ridiculously well. Not to mention there's something to be said for being out on a platform when there's far less competition.(as in fewer games available for the system so those who might've not typically been interested in Persona might check it out)

Also, while Persona is niche, the fanbase will follow it wherever it goes. Even those of you keen on not getting a PS4 for a while know you would've figured out a way to get a PS4 in time for the game's launch.

As for the development issues though, it'll probably be fine, if we don't see or hear anything about the game for another 8 months or so--then start worrying.

Soriku

Something tells me the game is going to get pushed to 2015, Just this awful feeling because it's an HD game and Japanese developers tend to struggle with the PS3. :\

The thought of them still struggling with PS3 many years after the PS3 released and after the PS4 has released just sounds sickly hilarious. I mean come on lol.

I think the release will be late 2014, not early 2015. At least once next year rolls around and if they still say "Winter 2014" and not change the release to just "Winter" then we'll know for sure.

Kinda weird they went back to PS3 after PS4 development. I mean yes the PS3 has the larger install base, but the PS4 is selling ridiculously well. Not to mention there's something to be said for being out on a platform when there's far less competition.(as in fewer games available for the system so those who might've not typically been interested in Persona might check it out)

Also, while Persona is niche, the fanbase will follow it wherever it goes. Even those of you keen on not getting a PS4 for a while know you would've figured out a way to get a PS4 in time for the game's launch.

As for the development issues though, it'll probably be fine, if we don't see or hear anything about the game for another 8 months or so--then start worrying.

Aeana said it moved back to PS3 earlier this year.

Squire

Banned
2114 #yearofpersonaEU

"Sorry, Europe!" #sorryeurope

fertygo

I'm not worried, there's still long time for working the final build.. I don't believe reverting back to PS3 (if true) will making problem, I believe if anything its the opposite.

Arsenic13

I wouldn't be surprised if down the line they bring the game to the PS4 as well. The industry is different, up-ressed ports are a thing. The PS4 is also supposed to be super easy to dev for. Maybe Sony will offer to help or Atlus will decide to do so when the the game is closer to completion.

Caladrius

It beats "soon."

That used to be one of Nintendo's favorite words back before they employed the "won't announce it until we know it's going to ship." policy.

It's a damn fine sight they stopped. So many heartbreaks.

The thought of them still struggling with PS3 many years after the PS3 released and after the PS4 has released just sounds sickly hilarious. I mean come on lol.

I think the release will be late 2014, not early 2015. At least once next year rolls around and if they still say "Winter 2014" and not change the release to just "Winter" then we'll know for sure.

Aeana said it moved back to PS3 earlier this year.

I think they most likely just experienced issues with the in-house engine they're making for the game. I think that may be why they doubled back on a possible PS4 release. (porting to work on a different architecture would be difficult, especially if they were experiencing issues on the PS3 already.) Their first interest is getting the game out, and they can worry about a PS4 engine port later. I still think there could be a PS4 port or rerelease down the road for that specific purpose.

The only reason anyone should be worried about development is if there was internal conflict within the team about the direction of the game, which I don't think is likely to happen considering their track record.

SEGA likely won't meddle in company affairs until they see unfavorable results.

"Sorry, Europe!" #sorryeurope

The emptiest words known to man.

I made 4 new avatars from PQ that anyone can use. If you'd like another character, let me know

jFzm7yp.png
zwe3xDZ.png
5efqFK3.png
XLBt2X0.png

Levito

Banned
OOoohh snagged, Spectrasonic. Nice work.

Though I don't think I can last much longer without Chie Rock.

I wouldn't be surprised if down the line they bring the game to the PS4 as well. The industry is different, up-ressed ports are a thing. The PS4 is also supposed to be super easy to dev for. Maybe Sony will offer to help or Atlus will decide to do so when the the game is closer to completion.

Stay out of my territory.

If any of the games look like they're worth buying, I'll import them. I'll almost definitely import P5.

P4D and PQ I'll wait and see.

I already plan on importing at least P5 and P4D, especially if they have any special editions. Maybe on P4A2 if it isn't region locked and there are options for English language/voice, and definitely not on PQ.

kewlmyc

I wouldn't, believe you me.

Can't wait for Thursday. It'll be fun to take notes and watch a ton of videos/live streams of this game I won't be able to play for another 7-9 months. At least some media such as character portraits, small story details and music will begin to surface.

Spring 2014 - Persona Q
Fall 2014 - P4D
Winter 2014 - Persona 5

Movie #2 also comes out Summer 2014. Year of Persona indeed. Well, year of Atlus in general since it's their 25th anniversary.

FluxWaveZ

Movie #2 also comes out Summer 2014. Year of Persona indeed. Well, year of Atlus in general since it's their 25th anniversary.

Yeah, there's the movie, SMTxFE (well, if it's still a thing) and Devil Survivor 2: Break Record.

It's gonna be a killer 25th anniversary. They should make a logo for it and everything.

Squire

Banned
I think it's a metaphore for a slave to the system. Chair represents a correct place to sit, your seat in the society. Chains are expecation, peer presure, normality that ensnares everyone. That's why they are not tying the chair down but merely serve as a reminder.

You can move the chair anywhere. You are emancipated but at the same time you are rebel and an outcast. The choice is yours.

Or something like that.

Smart post!

Caladrius

Wonder if they'll announce any other major games.

Kaneko where you at. Are you working on Raidou 3?

He's drawing an army of Jack Frosts to take over the world and make everyone his hee-hos.

Yeah, there's the movie, SMTxFE (well, if it's still a thing) and Devil Survivor 2: Break Record.

It's gonna be a killer 25th anniversary. They should make a logo for it and everything.

If only Capcom prioritized celebrations first and logos later. Poor Megaman.

I think SMTxFE is still going to happen. They announced a lot of things way too early in that Direct. I think they made that deal practically yesterday when they announced it considering that they had nothing to show besides a logo.

Tamanon

Banned
Guys. Brainstorm.

Kingdom Hearts-esque SMT game. Platforming, exploration, real-time battles with 2 demons assisting you(a la Donald/Goofy), and loads of abilities, including fusion spells, summoning new demons and such.

Explore various SMT/Persona worlds or just 9000 versions of Tokyo.

Soriku

Guys. Brainstorm.

Kingdom Hearts-esque SMT game. Platforming, exploration, real-time battles with 2 demons assisting you(a la Donald/Goofy), and loads of abilities, including fusion spells, summoning new demons and such.

Hmm action RPG SMT game with seamless battles? I'll take it.

Andrefpvs

If any of the games look like they're worth buying, I'll import them. I'll almost definitely import P5.

P4D and PQ I'll wait and see.

I'm buying all of the announced games. That said, I'll probably be waiting for the European releases iff they announce them before the games are released in North America. And if the wait is no longer than two months.

Goddamn, it sucks to be an European Atlus fan.

Gazoinks

Guys. Brainstorm.

I could see that as an extension of the Raidou games.

OOoohh snagged, Spectrasonic. Nice work.

Though I don't think I can last much longer without Chie Rock.

Who are you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom