• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

I will stick to a Persona relevant avatar when the first modestly attractive male is revealed.

Attractive males, you say?

4ubdfAU.jpg

Gazoinks

Y'know, someone joked about wi-fi hotspots being the thing in Persona 5, but if it does end up being about the internet like we've theorized I could actually see that. The dungeons are in some sort of digital world and you have to go to a specific place and use the "theme item" (glasses equivalent) to connect to them and enter the dungeon.

You might call it a Digital Devil Story. :p

kewlmyc

So it just occurred to me that we'll able to make all kinds of teams in Persona Q.

I just thought of a bunch of em (based on their natural skillset)

Shock and Awe
-Yu
-Akihiko
-Kanji
-Ken

2Hot2Care
-Junpei
-Yukiko
-Koromaru
-Makoto

Deep Freeze
-Chie
-Teddie
-Mitsuru

Life and Death
-Ken
-Koromaru
-Naoto
-Yukiko
-Chie

Debuffs anyone?
-Akihiko
-Kanji
-Teddie
-Yu
-Makoto

Team Wildcard Bitches
-Makoto
-Aigis
-Yu

Manliest of Men
-Yosuke
-Ken
-Koromaru
-Teddie

Team "I'm gonna whack you until you die"
Yu/Makoto
Junpei
Shinji
Kanji
Chie

He's used that Digital Devil Saga avatar for quite awhile, as well as that Persona Music FES one of Yu Narukami. :p

But then again, the avatar bet....

Quit bringing logic into everything. :p

I'm a little worried that there won't be Persona fusion in PQ. It would be great to have a party of two wild card users (Aigis isn't a wild card user till The Answer).

The party combinations should be interesting to say the least.

It's a spin off so they can mess with the mechanics however they want I say.

Kazzy

Does a figure of him in this outfit exist?

You'd think that there would be, right? Alas!

Seeing as I'm in a different timezone and all, I may have missed things that have been posted. This fan-art is cool enough that it warrants another go-around, anyway:

DzRq8TV.jpg

Jigolo

Persona GAF I have 2 questions.

Is the Persona 4 anime worth watching if I really enjoyed the game and like to watch anime?

Is there a Persona 3 anime? Not that I don't want to play P3, it's just I'm short on time and there are still a bunch of games I want to get to. If P3 is anything like P4G, it's going to take me over 70 hours to finish it and right now I just don't have time for that.

Is the Persona 4 anime worth watching if I really enjoyed the game and like to watch anime?

Is there a Persona 3 anime? Not that I don't want to play P3, it's just I'm short on time and there are still a bunch of games I want to get to. If P3 is anything like P4G, it's going to take me over 70 hours to finish it and right now I just don't have time for that.

P4 Anime is good for fans of the game, so yes. I would not recommend watching it without having beaten the game first, but since you have, its all good.

The first Persona 3 anime movie just came out in japan, and wont be out here for a while, and I think there will be 3 movies, so you will have to wait a long time on that one.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Persona 4 anime is fine, it was pretty much made for fans who enjoyed the game. Animation isn't the greatest, but it's fine.

There are Persona 3 movies, the first one just opened in theaters in Japan on the 23rd with the second coming in the summer.

Persona 3 anime just came out, And it's a movie that only covers first 25 %(?) of the game.

Exodist

No P3 anime of the game, but they're adapting it into a series of anime films. The first film came out in Japan last saturday. Dunno how many they're gonna do but probably at least 3. There is a series sort of like P3 called Trinity Soul which is set some time after P3 and makes reference to it, but for the most part it's not very good and not necessary to watch. P4 anime is a solid adaption, pretty faithful to the game but not really a good substitute for playing the game itself. I say go for it if you already played and liked the game and like anime.

Daimaou

I enjoyed the Persona 4 anime, but it has a much more slapstick approach to humor than the game does. It also loses a lot of the nuance the game had since it doesn't have the luxury of time.

Persona 3 is currently being adapted into movies, the first of which just came out this past weekend. The second one is slated for next summer.

Gazoinks

Yes. It's flawed but definitely enjoyable and worth a watch if you're a fan.

They're doing some movies, first one's already out in Japan.

BizzyBum

I was just thinking how (does this need spoilers at this point?)
We never saw Yu's shadow world and true feelings. I mean, if I was any of the other cast I'd be like screw you man, you got to see my most embarrassing inner thoughts and you're Mr. Perfect. I'm pretty sure that sentiment was also brought up multiple times in the game itself, too.

I thought eventually Yu was going to get captured and we'd have to save him, but it never happened.

FluxWaveZ

We never saw Yu's shadow world and true feelings. I mean, if I was any of the other cast I'd be like screw you man, you got to see my most embarrassing inner thoughts and you're Mr. Perfect. I'm pretty sure that sentiment was also brought up multiple times in the game itself, too.

I thought eventually Yu was going to get captured and we'd have to save him, but it never happened.

You must have missed a significant point of that story, because the characters even talk about it at Junes.

Handshake = obtaining powers means that neither Yu, Adachi or Namatame had to face themselves to gain their Persona.

We'll see in Arena 2 I'm guessing.

BizzyBum

You must have missed a significant point of that story, because the characters even talk about it at Junes.

Handshake = obtaining powers means that neither Yu, Adachi or Namatame had to face themselves to gain their Persona.

Okay, right. But... I'd still be pissed. lol

CrazyDude

How does this team not have Kanji? Tsk tsk.

Also needs Akihiko and Shinji.

With Yosuke and Ken on the list I really have to question the "Manliness" of that team. :p

It's obvious that everyone on the list thinks they are a man, but are not actually. It's a sarcastic list.

Yosuke- Thinks he is manly, but he clearly is not.

Ken- Tries to act like a full grown man, but is not.

Koromaru- Is a dog who tries to act like a human, or a "man", but he's a dog and we all know it.

Teddie- Tries to be a flirt in a manly way, but fails at it and he looks too much like a girl when cross dressing.

fertygo

It's obvious that everyone on the list thinks they are a man, but are not actually. It's a sarcastic list.

Yosuke- Thinks he is manly, but he clearly is not.

Ken- Tries to act like a full grown man, but is not.

Koromaru- Is a dog who tries to act like a human, or a "man", but he's a dog and we all know it.

Teddie- Tries to be a flirt in a manly way, but fails at it.

Why Junpei aren't in this then?

you da man

:p

FluxWaveZ

So did no one at all record what they were seeing during the Japanese reveal event on the streets while we were watching an old lady laughing at us?

I imagine it would have been a condensed version of the Teddie segments + the three trailers, but it'd be cool to see the reactions and stuff.

Kazzy

So did no one at all record what they were seeing during the Japanese reveal event on the streets while we were watching an old lady laughing at us?

I imagine it would have been a condensed version of the Teddie segments + the three trailers, but it'd be cool to see the reactions and stuff.

I have all of it recorded. I can upload it later if it interests anyone, though I think we just got it earlier than everyone else.

It was cool to see that countdown suddenly appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom