• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I have all of it recorded. I can upload it later if it interests anyone, though I think we just got it earlier than everyone else.

It was cool to see that countdown suddenly appear.

I think I'd be interested. So yeah, guess it was just a condensed version of our stream, but what made me curious was some reports of certain places not having received the Persona 5 tease.

Lunar15

Not being able to understand anything anyone was saying made it all the more frantic and ridiculous. It was so much fun, I don't regret a thing!

Also... is there a chance we could go back to Pursuing My True Sequel? I did like that. Plus I keep thinking this is the dancing all night thread, lol.

Gazoinks

Not being able to understand anything anyone was saying made it all the more frantic and ridiculous. It was so much fun, I don't regret a thing!

Yeah. OH GOD WHAT IS THIS LADY SAYING ARE YOU THE NEW FEMC GET OUT OF THE WAY AAAAH.

Really was a lot of fun, glad I decided to stay up for it.

Trigger

Also... is there a chance we could go back to Pursuing My True Sequel? I did like that. Plus I keep thinking this is the dancing all night thread, lol.

Definitely. The confusion with the old lady, not knowing PQ wasn't the announcement, Teddie's frantic japanese, etc. It was magical.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, somehow I think not knowing Japanese enhanced the experience. From the initial countdown, to those cryptic images that turned out to be part of the PQ trailer, to the immediate cut to the woman talking about nonsense, to everything else... Yeah, it was something alright.

I'm watching some parts of it again now, actually. (archive here for convenience)

Wonder what Teddie was crying about after every announcement segment, though. It's like he kept getting more and more depressed that Persona 5 wasn't announced.

I wonder how many people thought PQ was P5?

I don't think anyone thought that... which was where the breakdowns come in.

Edit: I mean, if we're talking PQ as the "big" announcement kind of P5, then yeah, I think a good portion of people might have thought that.

Lunar15

I'd love to see a translated version of what teddie was saying.

Like... what was that letter!? WHAT WAS IN THE LETTER!? Ha ha, I'll never forget everyone freaking out about the letter.

Caladrius

I still can't believe people thought that PQ and P4D were the announcement. There was absolutely no reason to believe those two were the end of it at any point.

Reading the reactions after the fact is probably one of the funniest things I've experienced in awhile.

Gazoinks

I still can't believe people thought that PQ and P4D were the announcements. There was absolutely no reason to believe those two were the end of it.

Reading the reactions after the fact is probably one of the funniest things I've experienced in awhile.

Haha, I'm laughing at my own reactions. :D

CrazyDude

The way Teddie waved his hand when he talked always made me think he was saying goodbye. Gave me heart attack every time thinking that was it.

I wasn't fortunate enough to experience the reveal live, but it's downright hilarious to read the first few pages of the Persona Q announcement thread and witness the undiluted saltstorm that ripped through it. Also, are we still doing a podcast this weekend? I'd like to share a few of my thoughts on the recent goings-on!

FluxWaveZ

I still can't believe people thought that PQ and P4D were the announcement. There was absolutely no reason to believe those two were the end of it at any point.

I dunno, I think Omikaru put it well:
It was a master stroke of trolling.

1) Hype the event up for a very long time, with a strong indication that this is Persona 5 along with two other announcements (the three boxes on the teaser page).

2) Block the people watching online from seeing the announcements as the people on the street were watching them.

3) Don't show Persona 5 to the people on the street; which then gives enough time for the news of the three non-P5 titles to filter out over Twitter and other social networks. Chaos ensues.

4) Fanbase melts down as those rumours of only three non-P5 games being announced are shown on the stream. Sense of dread washes over everyone.

6) And finally, to make everyone look like complete fucking idiots, P5 is announced.

10/10

Combined with precedent with these things usually disappointing people, well I can see how panic occurs.

All I know is that Atlus can pull this stuff off after this happened without it turning into a train wreck. It's not gonna make me "let my guard down" when it comes to other teases of this type, though.

brma.png

well?

Lunar15

Since when have you ever stayed the course in regards to avatars?

32357-damn-gif-5HbE.gif

Anywho, The wait for P5 is going to be completely unbearable, no bear pun intended. I got into the series after P4 came out, so I never had to go through that localization period.

Caladrius

I dunno, I think Omikaru put it well:

Combined with precedent with these things usually disappointing people, well I can see how panic occurs.

All I know is that Atlus can pull this stuff off after this happened without it turning into a train wreck. It's not gonna make me "let my guard down" when it comes to other teases of this type, though.

Fair enough. I still find the reactions facepalm-worthy either way.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Probably spent too much time on this...

Kanji gets forced into the back because I have too many melee fighters. :p If the game does actually use a row system I'll probably switch one of them meleers for a healerish type.

"No one made a transparent Chibi-Rise"

I lolled

Sophia

Kanji gets forced into the back because I have too many melee fighters. :p If the game does actually use a row system I'll probably switch one of them meleers for a healerish type.

It's the same as Etrian Odyssey. Three front row, two back row. Or two front, three back. The option to switch formations is in the battle screenshot even.

im lazy to edit:

Leader:
Yu Narukami

Front Row:
Shinjiro Agaraki
Kanji Tatsumi

Back Row:
Yukari Takeba
Yukiko Amagi

Navigator:
Teddie (pls)

Gazoinks

It's the same as Etrian Odyssey. Three front row, two back row. The option to switch formations is in the battle screenshot even.

Ah ha, gotcha. In that case replace Chie with Yukari I guess and switch places with Kanji. Too many choices. ;_; I hope the game is somehow set up to let us switch whenever we want without having to grind up a new party.

I played the first EO years ago, but I don't really remember it. It was before I got into that kind of game, so I didn't spend that much time on it.

Trigger

Oooh ooh, I want to join in too.

Leader:Makoto

Front Row: Junpei and Kanji
Back Row: Naoto and Yukari
Support: Rise

Akihiko, Zen, or Chie will get switched in as necessary.

kewlmyc

It's the same as Etrian Odyssey. Three front row, two back row. The option to switch formations is in the battle screenshot even.

If so, then

First playthrough:
Makoto (agi)- Akihiko (zio/buffs)- Chie (bufu/phys)
Aigis (phys/debuffs)- Yukari (garu/heal)
Support: Fuuka

Second playthrough:
Yu (zio)- Junpei (agi/phys)- Yosuke(garu/buffs)
Yukiko (agi/heal)- Teddie (bufu/heal/buffs)
Support: Rise

This is assuming that the protags can't switch personas and Elizabeth isn't playable.

Soma

for real though i hope they go all out with the funny party dialogue in Q depending on who you're rolling with

stuff like

commenting on how makoto and naoto look alike
junpei trying to look cool in front of the investigation team (and making yukiko laugh)
chie fangirling over akihiko
kanji and shinji fighting over who gets to pet koromaru
teddie flirting and annoying the shit out of yukari
makoto and yu conversing with eachother

"so uh yeah how's that wildcard thing working out for you?"
"it's alright i guess. the creepy kid hanging out in your room in the middle of the night gets old after a while doesn't it?"
"wait what"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom