• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

A Makoto/Yu conversation would be player controlled on both sides of the conversation. You'd just be talking to yourself.

Sophia

A Makoto/Yu conversation would be player controlled on both sides of the conversation. You'd just be talking to yourself.

We actually don't know that yet. You select one of the two to be your protagonist when starting, so the other might actually be voiced. Especially considering now that Makoto has a proper name and personality.

FluxWaveZ

"so uh yeah how's that wildcard thing working out for you?"
"it's alright i guess. the creepy kid hanging out in your room in the middle of the night gets old after a while doesn't it?"
"wait what"

Heh. Yeah, contextual dialogue has a lot of potential with both PQ and P4A2. I'm glad we get to see Makoto again... Would have liked it if he was part of that final P4 reveal countdown.

Also, might be old with this since it was probably on the p-ch site since it launched, but I think this is that VA interview video that happened an hour after the reveals. Naturally, nothing to get out of it if you don't know Japanese.

Gazoinks

We actually don't know that yet. You select one of the two to be your protagonist when starting, so the other might actually be voiced. Especially considering now that Makoto has a proper name and personality.

I hope so, it'd be a lot of fun to see 'em interact. I wouldn't even mind if the one you were playing had personality. I want the character interactions!

Also, the other leader will be usable as a party member if anyone's unsure. The video shows Yu as leader with Makoto and others in the party.

EDIT: Rewatched the P5 trailer. My current theory is that the "You are slave" thing isn't the theme of the game, but the villain's line. The fact that each time a chair appears another gets shackled implies to me that the villain's shtick will be about social ties tying you down. Anti-S.Link basically. I'm pretty sure someone already theorized that, but I wanted to put down my thoughts. :p

PK Gaming

tumblr_mtuyed0WUA1rabtpeo1_400.png

yo get the plates because you just got SERVED

Lunar15

I hope so, it'd be a lot of fun to see 'em interact. I wouldn't even mind if the one you were playing had personality. I want the character interactions!

Also, the other leader will be usable as a party member if anyone's unsure. The video shows Yu as leader with Makoto and others in the party.

EDIT: Rewatched the P5 trailer. My current theory is that the "You are slave" thing isn't the theme of the game, but the villain's line. The fact that each time a chair appears another gets shackled implies to me that the villain's shtick will be about social ties tying you down. Anti-S.Link basically. I'm pretty sure someone already theorized that, but I wanted to put down my thoughts. :p

Stealin' my theories! Curse you!

But yeah, The way those words are written... they sound villainous. Like someone offering "freedom" to those tied down by their relationships.

Soriku

Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series. Of course lol. Why is Fuuka in the front row and Dante in the back though? Actually do Fuuka and Rise even fight? I'm too lazy to check the trailer again.

I always like to pick the "best" combination of party members so I won't have any idea what my party will be until the game releases and we hear about how effective certain characters are.

If I had to make a party based on my preferences though I'd probably pick Yu, Makoto, Yosuke, Kanji, Junpei. The two wild card users and the three bros.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I've seen that theory going around. Funny, 'cause Sho in P4A2 seems to be all about how "those cut off from others are the ones who are strong here." Maybe not even just Sho, but a general theme in P4A2 since it's displayed in the trailer and not said by anyone in particular.

cj_iwakura

Eh, maybe or maybe not. I'm not too convinced since he seems like a P4A saga character and nothing more, but even if he is linked to P5 it doesn't mean he has a major or primary role in it, so it wouldn't matter to me.

I like the idea that he's a wild card character. Not really on anyone's side, kind of like P2's Ixquic.

Lunar15

He does seem too important to P4A2 to be a major character in another game. Also, he's clearly not the main villain. He's a red hairring.

Soriku

Yikes...

Add the fact that the red fog apparently has "time distorting properties".

That seems more relevant to Persona Q.

I doubt he'll be in P5. He's more connected to P3/P4 characters and I expect Atlus to stay away from them for P5 for the most part.

Edit: Not to mention Vincent is just a minor cameo in P3P while Sho is a major character in P4A2.

PK Gaming

FluxWaveZ, did you read up on his 2 fighting styles?

Apparently, the Persona-less version of Sho has a full moveset and can burst. We don't know much about the Sho that "has" a Persona, but apparently his portrait(with a dead serious expression) is different and he's got a light blue aura.

My theory is that he
collaborated with the malevolent in order to get his own Persona, and probably paid some sort of price?

Gazoinks

FluxWave, did you read up on his 2 fighting styles?

Apparently, the Persona-less version of Sho has a full moveset and can burst. We don't know much about the Sho that "has" a Persona, but apparently his portrait(with a dead serious expression) is different and he's got a light blue aura.

My theory is that he
collaborated with the malevolent in order to get his own Persona, and probably paid some sort of price?

Weelll (P2)
if the ME is actually Nyarly or an entity similar to him, he can function as someone's Persona. Corrupting them at the same time or whatever.

Kinda find your theory more interesting though. :p

Sophia

Edit: Not to mention Vincent is just a minor cameo in P3P while Sho is a major character in P4A2.

The "Vincent" in Persona 3 Portable isn't actually the real Vincent. He's a fake lookalike, hence the mole that the real Vincent doesn't have.

FluxWaveZ

Speaking of P4A2, I bet there will be two new characters added to those we already know of. Assuming there are two versions of Sho ala Labrys and Shadow Labrys and that Adachi's gonna be playable, that makes for a current amount of 5 all new characters.

I had predicted 6 total before, but now I'm gonna lean towards 7. Sho, at least his Persona-less version, seems like he'll be ready this Thursday and either some more including Adachi will be added to arcades before the console release or there'll be some console exclusive characters.

Really looking forward to P4A2's story. It could be really great if they pull certain things off. How the Shadow Brigade enters the story and how they interact with each other and the other characters, Adachi's role in this, Sho's role in this, all of the cliffhangers from P4A, the red mist, Elizabeth's P4A conclusion going into this...

I feel that after the structure of the first P4A was somewhat subpar, they could have learned their lesson and make something really awesome out of P4A2's story. Here's to hoping.

FluxWave, did you read up on his 2 fighting styles?

My theory is that he

Yeah, the version with his Persona seems far more malicious than his wilder, Persona-less version and his title is "The Defaced Dark Messiah" instead of "The Lawbreaking Pun Machine." Perhaps akin to (P1 SPOILER)
Kandori's transformation.

It's because of those two different movesets for both types of Sho that it's widely thought that there will actually be two playable versions.

PK Gaming

Yeah, either P4A2 story is going to live up to its potential, or it fall flat.

In regards to Sho
being corrupted by Nyarlathotep, that would be so awesome, I don't think I could handle it hahaha.

Sophia

I think they said that in an interview to completely disassociate Persona from Catherine instead of leaving any kind of hint that both universes could be connected.

Yup. That was the reason.

I feel that after the structure of the first P4A was somewhat subpar, they could have learned their lesson and make something really awesome out of P4A2's story. Here's to hoping.

The story structure was the problem with the first P4A. The writing was generally what you would expect from Atlus, but some characters just didn't really have much in the way of story. So I'm hoping they're going for a more linear approach. There's so much potential in the sequel.

Lunar15

Yup. That was the reason.

The story structure was the problem with the first P4A. The writing was generally what you would expect from Atlus, but some characters just didn't really have much in the way of story. So I'm hoping they're going for a more linear approach. There's so much potential in the sequel.

But aren't Arc Systems Works stories almost always structured that way?

Sophia

But aren't Arc Systems Works stories almost always structured that way?

Yes, and most of their games had the same problem. At least until Blazblue Chronphantasia, which they went with a much smarter approach and condensed the story into factions instead of individual characters.

Wasn't he put into the game to advertise Catherine?

Correct, he's an early bird cameo and nothing more. His dialogue is even lampshading the fact that Catherine has nothing to do with Persona.

Dr. Buni

Yikes... I hate the idea of giving full dialogues/voices to previous silent protagonists :/ It is okay in anime/manga adaptations, but in other games nope.

King Fost

Neo Member
P4D eh? Looking forward to Persona 4 Dirty Dancing, even if I don't own a Vita.

Also one of the dudes better have a Rick Astley costume. I don't care which one.

FluxWaveZ

When I come back from school tomorrow, I expect the "next Tuesday" phenomenon to make itself manifest. I'll be anticipating it.

tvtropes sucks anyway, don't worry about it

I love TV Tropes, though I never really get absorbed in reading through different tropes. It's fun to see examples of a certain trope among several games or anime series I'm familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom