• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone made chibi Naoto and Aki avatars a while ago, but no one used them. ;_;

Haha, I'll repost them if anyone wants to use them:
ZqKAwy8.png
60296qQ.png

ST2K

You guys think these upcoming titles will be the last we see of P3 and P4?

I personally am still hoping for a definitive edition of P3, but that's looking unlikely at this point.

Dantis

So I just found out something genuinely pretty interesting.

On the P4D trailer, one of the guys who is credited is Yosuke Uda. I thought the name sounded familiar, so I googled him. Turns out he did one track on Persona 3, and that's all. The track he did was Adventured Act.

Adventured Act is the club music in Persona 3.

ST2K

We're not done with Persona 3 at all, especially with two more movies coming out. Persona 4 I can't say for sure.

I should clarify, I meant games specifically.

Or are you saying you expect game tie-ins to future P3 movies?

So I just found out something genuinely pretty interesting.

On the P4D trailer, one of the guys who is credited is Yosuke Uda. I thought the name sounded familiar, so I googled him. Turns out he did one track on Persona 3, and that's all. The track he did was Adventured Act.

Adventured Act is the club music in Persona 3.

This makes me think he's going to be doing some of the P4 remixes, seems a little to obvious for them to to just leave, considering there is no mention of P3 being in this game at all.

Though I would love P3 tracks to be a part from the get go.

Dantis

This makes me think he's going to be doing some of the P4 remixes, seems a little to obvious for them to to just leave, considering there is no mention of P3 being in this game at all.

Though I would love P3 tracks to be a part from the get go.

That was what I was meaning, yeah.

I guess whoever he is, he has some kind of pop/dance music background, so I bet he's who they've got to oversee the soundtrack as a whole. The trailer specifically said "P4 music by Shoji Meguro", which kind of implies that Meguro isn't actually involved in the soundtrack.

Sophia

I should clarify, I meant games specifically.

Or are you saying you expect game tie-ins to future P3 movies?

I expect another tie in game with the Persona 3 movies. It's free money on the table, especially with the second movie.

Dengeki mentioned that there would be remixes by various artists. Tetsuya Komuro and Daisuke Asakura were the two mentioned, alongside other unmentioned ones.

Here is an example of Daisuke Asakura's work from when he was with ICEMAN. www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6KOTxwh7KA

Dengeki mentioned that there would be remixes by various artists. Tetsuya Komuro and Daisuke Asakura were the two mentioned, alongside other unmentioned ones.

Yeah, After reading that earlier I was thinking that all tracks will be remixes..

Just they are quite known. This guy however...not really.

Edit: Might aswell mention, that the same article also confirmed Pursuing My True Self, Heaven, Reach out to the truth, and Time to Make History will be in the game.

ST2K

I expect another tie in game with the Persona 3 movies. It's free money on the table, especially with the second movie.

Second movie is this upcoming summer, isn't it? Do they have enough manpower to get something out that soon?

Excuse my ignorance of their inner workings, but they always seemed like a rather small team.

FluxWaveZ

Second movie is this upcoming summer, isn't it? Do they have enough manpower to get something out that soon?

Excuse my ignorance of their inner workings, but they always seemed like a rather small team.

I believe it was sometime in the past, either with Catherine or some other game, that they mentioned that their team has grown, so they might not be too small now.

Even so, I'd be surprised if there was any new Persona game announcement in 2014.

Sophia

Presumably it would probably come closer to the third movie in fall, and most likely if it's happening then its already in the works. I don't think we heard what the other internal Atlus team is doing...

I believe it was sometime in the past, either with Catherine or some other game, that they mentioned that their team has grown, so they might not be too small now.

Even so, I'd be surprised if there was any new Persona game announcement in 2014.

I bet they have a lot in store for 2014, what with the 25th anniversary of the Atlus brand.

FluxWaveZ

I bet they have a lot in store for 2014, what with the 25th anniversary of the Atlus brand.

When Hashino had mentioned announcements in store for that anniversary a while back, I thought it would mean everything that was revealed except for P4A2 would be announced in 2014, but that wasn't the case.

Since that already happened and Persona 5 is right at the tail end of 2014, I'd think that as projects start to finish up, it will be all hands on deck to finish and polish P5 instead of further P-Team segmentation before its release.

I mean announcements in terms of Persona, though. Other stuff like SMTxFE could be announced for the anniversary, I'm sure.

Sorian

Banned
I wonder how much of 5 is done. It's a little worrying we couldn't get some media included in that amazing trailer. I'm sure Soejima has the concept art, at least.

They have all year for that media drizzle. I'm sure they could have shown something if they wanted to but opted not to.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder how much of 5 is done. It's a little worrying we couldn't get some media included in that amazing trailer. I'm sure Soejima has the concept art, at least.

Heh, that quote from Hashino in August 2012 about how Soejima had submitted sketches always sounded funny to me. It'd be great if the first thing he drew were five chairs with ball and chains on a napkin and gave it to Hashino.

Sorian

Banned
Heh, that quote from Hashino in August 2012 about how Soejima had submitted sketches always sounded funny to me. It'd be great if the first thing he drew were five chairs with ball and chains on a napkin and gave it to Hashino.

"Make a trailer out of this. This is all the art you get from me until the trailer is done."

Anyone wanna explain to me what happened to the OT's subheading XD?

I leave Persona GAF to do an OT and came back to see everyone going insane and the subheading changed XD

Protag

Banned
Have you watched their Persona 4 Endurance run? Worth it if you haven't.

I hope in P4A2 we see the return of Nyarlathotep and with him Philemon. It's about time they play a larger role in the plot again.

Is this self punishment?

If i remember the concept correctly, there's no way to truly defeat Nyarlothotep right? Wouldnt that mean he'll eventually return? I can see him returning as the main antagonist for P5, and surprise, so does Philly.

Also, does the same concept apply to Philemon? As in he cannot be completely elminated? Because he makes it seem as thoug he can in IS.

FluxWaveZ

If i remember the concept correctly, there's no way to truly defeat Nyarlothotep right? Wouldnt that mean he'll eventually return? I can see him returning as the main antagonist for P5, and surprise, so does Philly.

Also, does the same concept apply to Philemon? As in he cannot be completely elminated? Because he makes it seem as thoug he can in IS.

You sound like someone who hasn't accepted that P1 and P2 are dead.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Now that I think about it, Labrys should be in PQ too.

I mean, if they wanna do the whole time paradox thing, she can fit!

Protag

Banned
You sound like someone who hasn't accepted that P1 and P2 are dead.

You sound like someone who doesnt want to acknowledge That Eternal Punishment doesnt exist in the same universe, as well as someone who doesnt know Philemon appears in P3 and 4, although with subtlety.

Eventually yes,
He gets sent to the 'unkown' in Persona 2.
My assumption is Malevolent Entity
is collecting the shadows to help bring him back in full form.
As for Philemon, he sort of co-exists against Nyarlothotep, so if one comes back, I assume the other will.

Protag

Banned
Eventually yes,
He gets sent to the 'unkown' in Persona 2.
My assumption is Malevolent Entity
is collecting the shadows to help bring him back in full form.
As for Philemon, he sort of co-exists against Nyarlothotep, so if one comes back, I assume the other will.

Yes thats what i thought, very interesting, id really like if they played that angle.

FluxWaveZ

You sound like someone who doesnt want to acknowledge P2, as well as someone who doesnt know Philemon appears in P3 and 4, although subtle.

I love P2 (though I wouldn't quite say that butterfly = Philemon cameo). I also think that the common theory that Nyarl has a significant presence in the P4A saga might be true given all the evidence, but I also don't think it's unrealistic to say that the P-Team no longer really give a shit about P1 or P2 and that implementing fanservice from those games from now on is practically pointless for them.

It's the reason those games aren't acknowledged very much in the P4G TV Listings. It's the reason that there was literally no P1 or P2 reference in the least during the reveal stream or on the new Persona channel website.

There's not even a hint of P1 or P2 fanservice in something like PQ yet.

Protag

Banned
I love P2 (though I wouldn't quite say that butterfly = Philemon cameo). I also think that the common theory that Nyarl has a significant presence in the P4A saga might be true given all the evidence, but I also don't think it's unrealistic to say that the P-Team no longer really give a shit about P1 or P2 and that implementing fanservice from those games from now on is practically pointless for them.

It's the reason those games aren't acknowledged very much in the P4G TV Listings. It's the reason that there was literally no P1 or P2 reference in the least during the reveal stream or on the new Persona channel website.

There's not even a hint of P1 or P2 fanservice in something like PQ yet.

But i dont consider it fanservice, but rather a potential story for P5.

Has Etrian Odyssey even had full character DLC before. Would seem difficult story wise.

Funny how FeMC is always getting shafted it seems.

Before the Untold Girl, Etrian Odyssey had no set characters, it has a bunch of classes you can make characters from, name them, and alter all their stats, its very in depth in that front.

and Flux, the fact that they don't even acknowledge those games' existence is starting to become maddening to me. Sure you made 2 great games, but its bullshit to act like the three games that built up your legacy don't even exist. Maybe its some respect thing in Japan, I have no idea.

FluxWaveZ

But i dont consider it fanservice, but rather a potential story for P5.

I guess I'm taking the stance that whether it's for fanservice or a significant plot point, P1 or P2 will serve neither role, especially not in P5. There'd be no need to. Their stories no longer matter.

Sophia

and Flux, the fact that they don't even acknowledge those games' existence is starting to become maddening to me. Sure you made 2 great games, but its bullshit to act like the three games that built up your legacy don't even exist. Maybe its some respect thing in Japan, I have no idea.

There has to be something up with how little these games are acknowledged. It's just baffling how they're ignored. Especially for a game (Persona Q) that's full on fanservice.

Sophia

What does the Q even stand for anyway?

I keep thinking it's "Persona Quest"

It's apparently an in joke referencing the Etrian Odyssey series, which is abbriated SQ in Japan. It's also a play off the word "Cute" :p

A close equivalent would be Persona Odyssey.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, it kinda sucks that P2 has not had its due, at least a little bit. It has some fantastic characters and a great story that matches P3 and P4's, yet it's fully obvious that the P-Team would rather sweep it under a rug in favor of P3 and everything that comes after it.

And indeed, there must be something more to it that we don't know about. Like, some internal politics involved that make it so P1 and P2 shouldn't really be acknowledged.

EMT0

Banned
Yeah, it kinda sucks that P2 has not had its due, at least a little bit. It has some fantastic characters and a great story that matches P3 and P4's, yet it's fully obvious that the P-Team would rather sweep it under a rug in favor of P3 and everything that comes after it.

And indeed, there must be something more to it that we don't know about. Like, some internal politics involved that make it so P1 and P2 shouldn't really be acknowledged.

And we will most likely never get the answer. Because the language barrier will stop 90% of us stone cold, and I don't think Japanese devs are quite as open as Western devs are on things like Twitter :(

Isn't yosp an anomaly for a Japanese exec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom