• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Man, I've never been into fighting games and now there's suddenly two upcoming ones I want. And they both involve summoning manifestations of your psyche to beat people up!
One is more fabulous than the other

Uhh, vanilla Kanji was already one of the best characters and Golden made him even more ridiculous.

Does vanilla Kanji get OP in later levels? Because a Physical attacker is generally less appealing for grinding level in SMT back when health was still for physical skills, at least without nice incentive. Kanji wasn't fun to use early on when you get him.

Welcome to our den of creeping insanity!

Hello! Thanks, it seems just like the place for me.

As for the subject being discussed, I think I'm going to play mostly as Naoto again just because she's my favorite :p I think fighting games are really fun, but I suck at them anyway so I don't think it's going to make a lot of difference.

Caladrius

Does vanilla Kanji get OP in later levels? Because a Physical attacker is generally less appealing for grinding level in SMT back when health was still for physical skills, at least without nice incentive.

Vanilla Kanji is still fairly strong, but not as good as Chie. Kanji has a huge HP pool for physical skills though, enough to last until you need to heal your whole party.

Gazoinks

As for the subject being discussed, I think I'm going to play mostly as Naoto again just because she's my favorite :p I think fighting games are really fun, but I suck at them anyway so I don't think it's going to make a lot of difference.

What we need is a league tournament just for all the people who suck at fighting games. That I could get behind.

FluxWaveZ

Conversely, I remember trudging through Twitch and Youtube to find videos of the stories, finding Yukiko's and being so bored (Also partly because it was late) that I fell asleep.

I think this makes you my Shadow, Flux.

Heh, perhaps. I do find myself disagreeing a lot with your opinions, but that seems to be more of a common sentiment than not.

Were you in the giantbomb one the weekend after it released? I was and I got smoked in the first rounds unsurprisingly.

That's actually a funny question. I was the host of the Giant Bomb Persona 4 Arena tournaments; practically all of them, too. I like to point out that Giant Bomb had the largest week 1 online tournament for P4A anywhere, too.

Week 1 was hilarious because no one except for previous BB players knew what they hell they were doing, including me. I took pretty much the other GB tournaments I hosted after that one and I found my actual main.

Dantis

Whoops, hadn't even realised there was a new person. I just saw red because of all this Arena talk. ;)

WELCOME!

Heh, perhaps. I do find myself disagreeing a lot with your opinions, but that seems to be more of a common sentiment than not.
*shrug*

You probably have shit opinions or something, I dunno.

But wait, if you were his shadow wouldn't it mean that you are the manifestation of his secret emotions and desires...and you like P4A...

By God, Dantis is secretly in love with P4A.

Edit: Hello ClumsySleuth! have you heard about the Rogues? We're just Central City's premier supervillain guilds, and you lucky son of a gun, you are just in time because we are recruiting

First question: how much do you like or dislike a certain Scarlett Speedster?

kewlmyc

I suck at combos so I'll probably stick with Kanji who can do massive damage without having to do a 10hit combo. Maybe Junpei since he's Junpei and Sho since I really like dual wielders.

I really liked Yu and Aigis for the meager 15-20 hours I put into Arena. I'll be curious as to what Shadow Yu changes.

Vanilla Kanji is still fairly strong, but not as good as Chie. Kanji has a huge HP pool for physical skills though, enough to last until you need to heal your whole party.

Huh, never got too far into Hard on vanilla and don't have a Vita
yet
, so that's cool to know. I'd like to do an insane playthrough eventually when I come back around to play Golden.

Caladrius

By God, Dantis is secretly in love with P4A.

wRxfLKQ.png

Caladrius

Good lord, you really have lurked for a while.

I only started lurking about a week before E3. The bet was one of the very first things I saw in the topic and the silliness made me decide I wanted in.

Came for the gaming news, stayed for the community threads. Funny what sticks with you.

That's surprisingly lewd.

Until she starts talking...

I don't understand why they chose the Brooklyn accent. Wouldn't a southern accent been a better translation for her Kansai accent?

I only started lurking about a week before E3. The bet was one of the very first things I saw in the topic and the silliness made me decide I wanted in.

Came for the gaming news, stayed for the community threads. Funny what sticks with you.

That's exactly my story too haha, except I didn't make an account for a long time because of the whole paid e-mail thing.

Caladrius

I don't understand why they chose the Brooklyn accent wouldn't a southern accent have been a better translation for her Kansai accent?

Kansai is still an urban area. Southern might work better for smeone from the smaller islands or somebody from Hokkaido. (And frankly southern would sound even more silly. And this is from someone who's half-southern.)

Until she starts talking...

I don't understand why they chose the Brooklyn accent wouldn't a southern accent have been a better translation for her Kansai accent?

That's exactly my story too haha, except I didn't make an account for a long time because of the whole paid e-mail thing.

Ey don't go jokin somethin' fierce bout her accent ya big galoot before I put da kibbosh on yo face ya joik

What we need is a league tournament just for all the people who suck at fighting games. That I could get behind.

Yes that would be ideal. At least I could have a chance, the last time I tried to fight online I was decimated. Ohh the trauma.

Whoops, hadn't even realised there was a new person. I just saw red because of all this Arena talk. ;)

WELCOME!

Thank you! I know what you mean, sometimes the Atlus teaser website appears in my mind and all I see is red haha, I'm so excited that I had to join you guys.

Thank you! I know what you mean, sometimes the Atlus teaser website appears in my mind and all I see is red haha, I'm so excited that I had to join you guys.

Hehe, that's not quite why Dantis is seeing red when thinking of arena. Au contraire, actually. If that site does turn out to be a teaser for P4A2, he'll being seeing a lot more red.

Caladrius

Hehe, that's not quite why Dantis is seeing red thinking of arena. On the contrary actually. If that site does turn out to be a teaser for P4A2, he'll being seeing a lot more red.

If it turns out to be anything but Persona 5 I think the fandom may actually explode.

Million could die ATLUS, are you listening!? >:^O

Kansai is still an urban area. Southern might work better for smeone from the smaller islands or somebody from Hokkaido. (And frankly southern would sound even more silly. And this is from someone who's half-southern.)

Really?

Huh I learned something new today, I always thought that trope (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KansaiRegionalAccent) came from the fact that it was a more rural area. I guess the brooklyn accent does fit then... How bout a Chicago accent though? Those are underrepresented.

Also about the southern accent: really? haha I guess I'm used to hearing it since I live in the south so it doesn't sound all that silly to me.

How many people here play League though? lol I think we would barely be able to fill two teams.

todd360

I hate when you guys start talking about Arena. I never understand any of the fighting terms. I beat arenas story mode and tried online once and got destroyed. I don't think fighting games are for me.

Sophia

I hate when you guys start talking about Arena. I never understand any of the fighting terms. I beat arenas story mode and tried online once and got destroyed. I don't think fighting games are for me.

The thing is everyone gets destroyed online once in a fighting game. It's impossible to know if it's for your or not off one game, because only those uber rare genius level players don't get destroyed their first few games.

It takes practice to win, and it doesn't help that Story mode's difficulty is basically near impossible to lose.

kewlmyc

Perfectly understandable. I barely understand any of it myself. I just asked people when there was something that went over my head, and even now I still don't understand things. I still don't know what frame traps and option selects are. Same for oki.

Hehe, that's not quite why Dantis is seeing red when thinking of arena. Au contraire, actually. If that site does turn out to be a teaser for P4A2, he'll being seeing a lot more red.

Ahh I think I do understand what he means, we're seeing different kinds of red, I suppose :)
I really hope that website is Persona 5 though, if it's Arena... Well what can we do, at this point I'm hyped for anything I guess :p

FluxWaveZ

The thing is everyone gets destroyed online once in a fighting game. It's impossible to know if it's for your or not off one game, because only those uber rare genius level players don't get destroyed their first few games.

It takes practice to win, and it doesn't help that Story mode's difficulty is basically near impossible to lose.

Yeah. No one starts playing a fighting game and is suddenly great at it. It's why I don't fully understand the complaints of people claiming they suck at fighting games. It just takes (a lot of) time and effort and actual motivation to improve and do research on the game.

I didn't feel like I really knew what I was doing until I hit the 1,000 - 1,500 matches played mark in P4A. I'm at 7k-8k now and I still feel like I have a lot to improve.

P4A was the first fighting game I played seriously and I made it a conscious effort and goal to get good at it, which has paid off.

Caladrius

Really?

Huh I learned something new today, I always thought that trope (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KansaiRegionalAccent) came from the fact that it was a more rural area. I guess the brooklyn accent does fit then... How bout a Chicago accent though? Those are underrepresented.

Also about the southern accent: really? haha I guess I'm used to hearing it since I live in the south so it doesn't sound all that silly to me.

I grew up in the midwest and I've been all over the coast so it sticks out more to me. The fact that a robot would have anything but a broadcast-standard dialect seems silly no matter what accent it is though.

I had to switch to easy. >_>

Sophia

I ain't gonna use that stinkin' autocombo to play a fighting game! > __ <

You're suppose to. It's meant to be a beginner tool and a lot of standard bread 'n butter combos build off it. :p

The combo itself is not a beginner's trap, although using the super at the end of it can be....

You're suppose to. It's meant to be a beginner tool and a lot of standard bread 'n butter combos build off it. :p

The combo itself is not a beginner's trap (although using the super at the end of it can be.)

I understand his stubbornness on trying to not use autocombos, its probably why you guys curb stomp me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom