• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah I know. I want a clean version. =p

Ah, okay. I thought you were saying you hadn't heard them yet.

Yeah, don't know how long we'll have to wait for a clean version of all of the themes. All of the originally uploaded themes from P4A have been taken off of Youtube, but I believe they were uploaded within a month of its arcade release.

Caladrius

Here's an excerpt from the readme file included with the fan translation:

"Part 1: string size reduction. This game is one of the very few to treat text as arrays of 2 byte symbols, which means that EVERYTHING that is part of a string, whether it is text or special codes, takes at least 2 bytes. "

The fuck, did they stick a Kanji dictionary in there or something? 1 byte can store 256 individual values, why would they need 2 bytes for individual text characters?

Yeah I know. I want a clean version. =p

Probably going to have to wait for the console version so people can get audio rips.

cj_iwakura

Soul Hackers Golden, now with all-out Phantom Society!

Ygy4r7L.jpg

Gazoinks

Really? Wouldn't have thought. Back to Golden, then. I'll likely still pick up 2 just to check it out.

It's still worth playing for the great cast if you can stomach the gameplay, but it definitely won't fill the void because it's a very different style of game. The time management and such was introduced with 3, 1 & 2 are more traditional JRPGs.

rObit

Banned
It's still worth playing for the great cast if you can stomach the gameplay, but it definitely won't fill the void because it's a very different style of game. The time management and such was introduced with 3, 1 & 2 are more traditional JRPGs.

What Gazoinks said. The time management/social elements started with 3. P1 and P2 are straight forward rpgs. They're closer to the main SMT games if anything.

Cool. Thanks for the guidance! Sounds like something that I could jump into on a whim rather than really commit and sink my teeth into like with 3/4.

Squire

Banned
Now we know who was behind P4D all along. It was all a ploy just to get Yu on the stage
88bEhWG.jpg

For Maggie? Anything.

Anything.

Why is Philemon, Demon Artist...and...is that GIMMEL from SMT2 in the back?

Presumably they're in the Velvet Room.

I have a feeling it's just a copy/paste of the Arena story with a find+replace "Labrys" with "Kanamin" and "Fight" with "Dance.

Yep.

Gazoinks

As far as I'm concerned, the more ridiculous P4D is the better it'll be. Bring the twerking! Bring the crossdressing! Bring everything!

kewlmyc

Speaking of exploits/rare scenes, I heard that if you oneshot Shadow Rise (on new game plus or hacking), you get unique dialogue and a scene. Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom