• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

It needs work, but I'm totally calling this avatar for a while.
That is one stylish avatar. Honestly, I can say with confidence that (current) Narukami is his best drawn character.

The Narukami army grows by day. Pretty soon we'll take over PersonaGAF.

I don't think I can drop mine for a while, I can't.

I forbid you from changing your avatar. Levito too. Cute gals >>> Chie!Rock & 2spooky.

Squire

Banned
Oh nevermind I saw that, just thought it was something different.

The first issue of the new run of Persona Magazine releases on the 5th in Japan. Hopefully that has new info of some sort in it. Would suck if they just regurgitate everything that was in Famitsu/Dengeki a week prior.

Could be big though! The fact it's out on the 5th can't be coincidence. They could debit characters/screens in the magazine and release a real trailer early next year.

Edit: Basically, I'm hoping they don't treat P5 like a fucking Square Enix game, where they announce it and then disappear for months on end.

Maybe one the party members will be of the Devil arcana this time around. Considering the themes of this game and what the card symbolizes, that could be interesting.

tumblr_mx262dZrPF1rdrzuxo1_250.gif
tumblr_mx262dZrPF1rdrzuxo4_250.gif

tumblr_mx262dZrPF1rdrzuxo3_250.gif
tumblr_mx262dZrPF1rdrzuxo2_250.gif

FluxWaveZ

Eh, as long as there's an actual date to look forward to, I don't really care much about seeing a lot of Persona 5 details. In fact, I'd probably be fine if the only thing we saw of it before its release was an official logo.

It'd at least make it easier for me to not have to intentionally avoid certain details to not spoil certain elements of the game for me.

Maybe one the party members will be of the Devil arcana this time around. Considering the themes of this game and what the card symbolizes, that could be interesting.

They should at least have a character of the Hermit arcana or another that hasn't ever been a party member's arcana in a Persona game before.

PK Gaming

Yeah Artemis is one of my least favorite Persona ever. I just hate how its crystals plates covering its genitalia. It's about as subtle as a hammer. The other 3 look amazing though.

Soriku

The first issue of the new run of Persona Magazine releases on the 5th in Japan. Hopefully that has new info of some sort in it. Would suck if they just regurgitate everything that was in Famitsu/Dengeki a week prior.

Could be big though! The fact it's out on the 5th can't be coincidence. They could debit characters/screens in the magazine and release a real trailer early next year.

Edit: Basically, I'm hoping they don't treat P5 like a fucking Square Enix game, where they announce it and then disappear for months on end.

They took like 3 months for SMT IV info. I'd imagine we get something in a similar timeframe or hopefully sooner.

EMT0

Banned
I tried to turn one of the chairs into an avatar but the youtube compression is so terrible that I can't get a clean image without applying filters galore to it. Somewhat saddened.

EDIT: And this is why I should refresh the page before posting. Back to my dunce corner.

FluxWaveZ

I tried to turn one of the chairs into an avatar but the youtube compression is so terrible that I can't get a clean image without applying filters galore to it. Somewhat saddened.

EDIT: And this is why I should refresh the page before posting. Back to my dunce corner.

The Persona 5 chairs? Why are you trying to get it off of Youtube when we have the actual image?

I've come to the conclusion that nothing beats Evokers for cool summonings.

(P3 The Answer spoilers)
Aigis' summon didn't use an evoker and it was pretty awesome as well. Yu's just sucked.

Squire

Banned
Eh, as long as there's an actual date to look forward to, I don't really care much about seeing a lot of Persona 5 details. In fact, I'd probably be fine if the only thing we saw of it before its release was an official logo.

It'd at least make it easier for me to not have to intentionally avoid certain details to not spoil certain elements of the game for me.

I don't plan to go too crazy. I knows there's going to be a certain point where I go on black out, but to start I really wanna see the cast. I might even skip personality descriptions; I just wanna see Soejima's work.

They took like 3 months for SMT IV info. I'd imagine we get something in a similar timeframe or hopefully sooner.

Doesn't sound too bad at all!

FluxWaveZ

Eh, Yu's are my favorite.. simple and get the message done, btw no more suicide hijink plz for summon.

I can't agree with this at all. Even Eikichi's summon was better than Yu's.

The first time they awaken to their other self isn't supposed to be "simple." If any moment is meant to be dramatic, that's it.

The whole set up for the first time Makoto awakens to his Persona in Persona 3 as well as the scene's direction and the danger it represented was just fantastic.

Soriku

^I don't like the evoker, it just seems 2edgy4me, and silly.

2cool4you

I don't think there's anything cooler than shooting your head to summon. In-game I thought it was totally badass when you use those skills that use two Personas and his head reels back when he summons, too awesome.

1337375515062.gif

FluxWaveZ

2cool4you

I don't think there's anything cooler than shooting your head to summon. In-game I thought it was totally badass when you use those skills that use two Personas and his head reels back when he summons, too awesome.

I like the detail of everyone shooting themselves in the head differently, and how it actually does a good job of conveying who they are.

Soriku

I like the detail of everyone shooting themselves in the head differently, and how it actually does a good job of conveying who they are.

Yep. This was also a good detail in P4, like Yosuke doing his jump, Chie doing her kick, Naoto shooting the card, etc.

PK Gaming

The first time they awaken to their other self isn't supposed to be "simple." If any moment is meant to be dramatic, that's it.

The whole set up for the first time Makoto awakens to his Persona in Persona 3 as well as the scene's direction and the danger it represented was just fantastic.
Ouch!

I thought that Yu's was awakening pretty good. Not on the same level as Makoto obviously, but they did a good at setting it up. I really dig Izanagi's speech (I am thou...Thou art I...The time has come...Open thy eyes...And call forth what is within!) and the look of utter satisfaction on Yu's face was great. The scene does a great job at conveying that he now has "the power" to change his destiny.

"Awakening" as a theme song really got the blood pumping too.

fertygo

Its just looked damn cool with spell like Zio lol
Like he summon the thunder from angle from his back when you use spell in the game.

Evoker on other hand not as seamless for create similar immersion, same for Yosuke that doing unnecessary backflip.

Something with handcuffs might be cool for this thing.
P2-Maya%26Artemis.jpg

This one is odd

2lewd and 2weird

Squire

Banned
^I don't like the evoker, it just seems 2edgy4me, and silly.

I think a lot of people think to start (I know I did), but once you realize P3 is all about the inevitability if death, it fits resale well.

I do think the glasses in P4 are better though. They represent seeing through the fog and the lies; uncovering the mystery and the conspiracy. The pursuit of truth, man. They're much more subtle.

2cool4you

1337375515062.gif

It would have been alright had it been a way that only a single character chose to summon their persona, as a way to convey something about that character. Having everyone do it just makes it seem like a stylistic choice made only to seem edgy or "hardcore."

Nachos

They should at least have a character of the Hermit arcana or another that hasn't ever been a party member's arcana in a Persona game before.

I think the themes for Five would allow for a lot more arcana choices that would lend themselves towards creating more tragic characters, particularly The Tower. Still, I just hope they don't go too overboard by making EVERYONE anti-heroes.

FluxWaveZ

I think the themes for Five would allow for a lot more arcana choices that would lend themselves towards creating more tragic characters, particularly The Tower. Still, I just hope they don't go too overboard by making EVERYONE anti-heroes.

It'd sure be a different group dynamic than P3 or P4, though.

Lunar15

I think the best part about P3's evokers is that they only used them in P3. That's important. I'm fine with them as long as they remain contained to that game because I think they're pretty key to the overall themes of the game. If they had kept on using it because it was "so iconic" or whatever, the effect would have been lost.

PK Gaming

Re: Evokers

I'm probably the only person here who thinks that they're legitimately cool. The concept of pushing yourself to the brink death to summon your Persona is just so appealing to me, and I like how each and every one of the characters look really stylish when summoning their Persona. (excluding Ken) It flows well with (all 3) of the P3 battle themes. IDK, I just think they're super cool in P3.

I guess i'm just weird.

Soriku

It would have been alright had it been a way that only a single character chose to summon their persona, as a way to convey something about that character. Having everyone do it just makes it seem like a stylistic choice made only to seem edgy or "hardcore."

The point of it is to invoke terror, stress, etc. to summon a Persona. I think it works fine in context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom