• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Oh really? That's pretty interesting, actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVw3uOcMD_4

Kanji-Expressions2.jpg

Yes it is.

Caladrius

Yu and Kanji (and Yosuke and Teddie if they show up) having the crossdressing costumes as alternates would make this GOTY.

All but guaranteed they'll be there.

As an aside I am tempted to snag the PS3 version of DIVA -f- off the PSN. Someone stop me for I already have the Vita version.

So I'm going to be replaying p3fes again in a few weeks (probably shouldn't start before finals lol) and I had a few questions.

1. Do courage/charm/knowledge have any use aside from the party member s-links? I'm going to go with yukari and I couldn't remember if there was any benefit to leveling courage or knowledge.

2. What's the best party? First playthrough I had my final party consist of yukaru/mitsuru/aigis but I was interested in using akihiko this time.

3. I missed out on the dying man s-link completely the first time around, so how do I start it? It's related to a little girl or something right?

So I'm going to be replaying p3fes again in a few weeks (probably shouldn't start before finals lol) and I had a few questions.

1. Do courage/charm/knowledge have any use aside from the party member s-links? I'm going to go with yukari and I couldn't remember if there was any benefit to leveling courage or knowledge.

2. What's the best party? First playthrough I had my final party consist of yukaru/mitsuru/aigis but I was interested in using akihiko this time.

3. I missed out on the dying man s-link completely the first time around, so how do I start it? It's related to a little girl or something right?

1. No, but S. Links are a pretty important part of the game. Also note that you have to have maximum Charm in order to begin Yukari's S. Link (Fuuka and Mitsuru also require maximum Courage and Intelligence, respectively).

2. Best party is any part that includes Junpei.

3. Yeah, you unlock Akinari's Link by getting the little girls' up to Rank 2 or 3, and then retrieving his pen from Koromaru at the dorm once the doge joins your party.

Sophia

1. Max Charm gives a bonus to Social Link points. Courage and Academics don't appear to do anything specifically, however max Academics (and an aced test in FES) is required to get Mitsuru as a party member. You also get bonus items from her should you do well.

2. The best party in theory is Mitsuru/Yukari/Akihiko. However the difference between the best party and worst part is pretty minimal. Plus Tartarus has specific fights where this isn't the best party. You can make any set up work if you're willing to get the MC specific Personas or abilities.

3. Akinari Kamiki's social link can only be established and initiated on Sunday, after he appears once in Maiko's social link. You need Rank 4 Academics and Koromaru needs to be in the party because you need to get the fountain pen from him as the first step to initiate it. It's automatic rank up after that, providing you meet him on a Sunday.

Trigger

Well don't forget the exams and quests. A few need the MC to have his stats at certain levels.

Yukari, Aigis, and Akihiko is pretty solid. A healer, a buffer, a debuffer, and all three can put out some decent offense. Since the MC can fulfill any role it's really a matter of who you like most.

You meet him during a scene in the Hanged Man social link, and then he'll mention a missing pen that Koromaru has IIRC.

Persona4VGX.jpg

I don't get it, It would have had a big audience.

Backward Japanese publisher mentality really shines sometimes. :\

They probably just don't have anything they can/want to show yet, and while it would be good to put it out in front of a large audience, Persona would admittedly feel a tad out of place with the typical VGA (now VGX) fare.

Caladrius

*whispers* nooooooo, don't do it.......don't......noooooo.......

Attempt made

I JUST REMEMBERED I WAS INVOLVED IN THE CAMPAIGN TO GET THE PS3 VERSION TO THE STATES. DAMN IT, I HAVE TO BUY IT NOW!

Also, as was said they probably had too little to show for VGX (why did they change the name?). I think it might start to pop up in western media close to or a little after the Japanese release.

Jintor

They probably just don't have anything they can/want to show yet, and while it would be good to put it out in front of a large audience, Persona would admittedly feel a tad out of place with the typical VGA (now VGX) fare.

They put Phantom Pain's bullshit nonsense misdirect trailer up there. And Dark Souls 2 presented by Jessica Alba (lol). VGX can handle it.

Persona oozes style anyway.

They put Phantom Pain's bullshit nonsense misdirect trailer up there. And Dark Souls 2 presented by Jessica Alba (lol). VGX can handle it.

Persona oozes style anyway.

MGS doesn't surprise me, but you do have a point with Dark Souls 2. It probably does come down to them not having any material they're ready to show, considering we haven't gotten anything out of Japanese media, and there was a reveal teaser just a little over a weak ago.

How well the P5 teaser would go over with general audiences is anyone's guess. "'You are slave. Want emancipation?' lol Engrish," "I've never even heard of this series" "A PS3 game in late 2014? WTF?"

I mean, I think it would be cool if they did it, but I can understand why it wasn't something they felt they had to do.

Jintor

I don't think they'd have it ready, but I'm visualising something like P4's intro video, which I think is really a fantastic trailer for that game as a whole. Although what that would look like for P5 is really anybody's guess.

/edit oh... the intro vid doesn't have gameplay. Hmmm...

/edit the second intro vid does though. Sweet.

Thanks guys. I just remember wasting valuable s-link time in my first playthrough raising my stats because I didn't know when mitsuru's s-link became available. Any advice on the best time/way to raise stats? And Sundays should always be used for s-links correct?

And man all I want to do is play persona right now. Stupid life.

Fisico

Guys, I'm pretty sure it has been posted a few times already, but does someone have the data regarding the sales of the entries in the series before Persona 3 ?

I remember reading a few times here and there that the first Persona remains the best selling title with ~600k LTD but I can't manage to find any source so far.

Jintor

Great, now I'm just watching Persona trailers for various Persona things.

I hope you're happy PersonaGAF

/edit It occurs to me that Persona Q's 'style' is really really friendly and similar to Golden's, with masses of solid colours and whites. Hmmmm...

Guys, I'm pretty sure it has been posted a few times already, but does someone have the data regarding the sales of the entries in the series before Persona 3 ?

I remember reading a few times here and there that the first Persona remains the best selling title with ~600k LTD but I can't manage to find any source so far.
Code:
[PSX] Persona (Atlus) {1996.09.20} - 201.147 / 391.556
[PSX] Persona (PlayStation the Best) (Atlus) {1997.06.27} - 10.970 / 17.935	
[PSX] Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Atlus) {1999.06.24} - 170.577 / 274.798
[PSX] Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (Atlus) {2000.06.29} - 119.484 / 200.103
[PSX] Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PlayStation the Best) (Atlus) {200.09.14} - 3.470 / 3.470
[PS2] Persona 3 (Atlus) {2006.07.13} - 127.472 / 210.319
[PS2] Persona 3 FES (Atlus) {2007.04.19} - 105.099 / 165.471
[PS2] Persona 4 (Atlus) {2008.07.10} - 211.967 / 294.214
[PSP] Persona (Atlus) {2009.04.29} - 95.406 / 156.205
[PSP] Persona 3 Portable (Atlus) {2009.11.01} - 108.343 / 208.877
[PS2] Persona 3 FES (PlayStation 2 the Best) (Atlus) {2010.08.05} - ? / 7.773
[PS2] Persona 4 (PlayStation 2 the Best) (Atlus) {2010.08.05} - ? / 43.981
[PSP] Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Atlus) {2011.04.14} - 62.091 / 102.714
[PSP] Persona 3 Portable (PSP the Best) (Atlus) {2011.08.25} - 5.914 / 39.233
[PSP] Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (Atlus) {2012.05.17} - 28.212 / 56.300
[PSV] Persona 4 Golden (Atlus) {2012.06.14} - 152.499 / 242.463
[PS3] Persona 4: Arena (Atlus) {2012.07.26} - 117.318 / 184.997