• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

I wonder if there's explanation for Makoto and Yu showing psychotic grin for their first summon.

Aside for badass impression reason
tumblr_m9rxyoh1Ld1qk7mtso1_1280.jpg

Finally got around to P4(G). The only core Persona title I havent played yet. So far, impressions that it seems a lot better than P3 in most regards. Mostly the extra polish and streamlined features (new shuffle, skill cards, no more fatigue, etc). The time management still kills my OCD to see all content one play through.

My questions.
- Is the dungeon deadline doable in one trip?
- Seeing as there more attributes to level up, seems i'll be focusing primarily on them and party member social links. Then whatever social links available with the time left. Does that seem feasible on the first run?
- How common is dungeon weapon/armour loot? I'll be looking to save money for the persona/skill cards

Anything else I should be aware of?

Dantis

actually i think it just looks edgy and silly but thats just me

I thought so too.

Unfortunately, it's looking increasingly likely that the stuff that the movie focuses on is the stuff I'm not interested in. (The main plot and anime fight scenes)

Finally got around to P4(G). The only core Persona title I havent played yet. So far, impressions that it seems a lot better than P3 in most regards. Mostly the extra polish and streamlined features (new shuffle, skill cards, no more fatigue, etc). The time management still kills my OCD to see all content one play through.

My questions.
- Seeing as there more attributes to level up, seems i'll be focusing primarily on them and party member social links. Then whatever social links available with the time left. Does that seem feasible on the first run?
- How common is dungeon weapon/armour loot? I'll be looking to save money for the persona/skill cards

Anything else I should be aware of?

-Yes
-It's mostly feasible, but there are days when a party member won't be an option.
-The best way to acquire weapons and armor is still absolutely to buy it from the weapon shop.

Lemstar

My questions.
First couple of dungeons might be a little rough, but everything after that is more than fine to do in one day.

You have more than enough time on your first playthrough to max all personality stats and social links, so you'll be fine.

Equippable items are kind of rare as loot, but they don't really matter anyway.

I thought so too.

Unfortunately, it's looking increasingly likely that the stuff that the movie focuses on is the stuff I'm not interested in. (The main plot and anime fight scenes)

What else would a movie be based on? Unless they were going to do a 24 episode series, I don't think they have enough time to do all the S.links.

Soriku

They just follow the game cutscene (he even look more batshit in that one)

Naw I just rewatched the summon in the game and it's pretty tame compared to the movie version.

Yu's grin also isn't completely psychotic.

His is more like "damn I'm a badass" compared to the movie's "holy fuck I'm crazy" psycho face lol.

It'll be a good GIF to use during P5's announcement.

Dantis

What else would a movie be based on? Unless they were going to do a 24 episode series, I don't think they have enough time to do all the S.links.

You are correct.

On the other hand, like I say, personally I'm kiiiiinda not interested in that stuff.

At this point I'm more excited about the soundtrack than the movie.

fertygo

Naw I just rewatched the summon in the game and it's pretty tame compared to the movie version.

Yu's grin also isn't completely psychotic.

His is more like "damn I'm a badass" compared to the movie's "holy fuck I'm crazy" psycho face lol.

It'll be a good GIF to use during P5's announcement.

Just rewatch it too, that anime flash still thing deceiving me... the thing that I notice the most though, HOLY TARTARUS Yukari hair always so messed up in those ps2 cutscene.. ugh I hate to reminded to that.

I like the moving camera effect at that movie .gif tho, missed chance to make it more ambiguous due to that big grin.

Soriku

I hope 5 is a darker game in the vein of 3 honestly, P4 never really felt that dark aside from the first few hours of the game.

You didn't think the later parts were dark?

I'm OK with either tone. Though personally I didn't think P3 was that much darker than P4. I think P3's darkness is kind of exaggerated. I'm fine with light-hearted segments so long as things get dark during critical parts of the story.

Dr. Buni

I actually think P4 was far darker than P3. P3 just seems darker because of the colors used in the game, evokers, etc, while P4 had that goofy yellow/orange color scheme and a lit bit more of humor. P4 spoilers:
The shadow selves, the murders, the villains, the bosses, hell, even the battle-related musics 'feel' darker than what we had in P3.
Either way, I don't really care about the tone of P5, as long as the characters, battles and music are god tier.

-Yes
-It's mostly feasible, but there are days when a party member won't be an option.
-The best way to acquire weapons and armor is still absolutely to buy it from the weapon shop.

First couple of dungeons might be a little rough, but everything after that is more than fine to do in one day.

You have more than enough time on your first playthrough to max all personality stats and social links, so you'll be fine.

Equippable items are kind of rare as loot, but they don't really matter anyway.
This is what I want to hear. I remember doing pretty well with Persona 3. I think the only social links I missed out on that one was Fuuka, Chihiro, and the last few levels of Bebe's.

I take it reading books at night is the most efficient way of leveling attributes while exploring social links? Would would I be sacrificing?

Also Chie's VA oversells her lines.

Necrovex

I hope 5 is a darker game in the vein of 3 honestly, P4 never really felt that dark aside from the first few hours of the game.

I would love a Persona game written by Gen Urobuchi (Saya no Uta, Madoka Magica). You want something dark? The man who seems to hate life is the perfect fit.

Dantis

I don't care about tone, I just want a plot that isn't quite so nonsensical this time around.

This is what I want to hear. I remember doing pretty well with Persona 3. I think the only social links I missed out on that one was Fuuka, Chihiro, and the last few levels of Bebe's.

I take it reading books at night is the most efficient way of leveling attributes while exploring social links? Would would I be sacrificing?

Also Chie's VA oversells her lines.

Chie's new VA is shit.

Shame, because she's good in other games.

I like the new voice. She performs noticeably worse in the first half of P4G though. In the second half of P4G, and in P4A and the animation, she does a better job.

Daimaou

I like the new vote. She performs noticeably worse in the first half of P4G though. In the second half of P4G, and in P4A and the animation, she does a better job.

Both voice actresses have this problem. It's kind of strange. I almost wonder if it's not just because of how the lines were written.

Anyhow, I much prefer Erin Fitzgerald. She's a better actress and much more inline with the Japanese portrayal. Tracey Rooney lacked energy.

Both voice actresses have this problem. It's kind of strange. I almost wonder if it's not just because of how the lines were written.

Anyhow, I much prefer Erin Fitzgerald. She's a better actress and much more inline with the Japanese portrayal. Tracey Rooney lacked energy.

Many people liked the more relaxed, chill Chie back in P4, in their mind, that is who Chie is. JP Chie and Erin Chie are both much more peppy and hyperactive...Erin Chie is also a little bit more whiny than both.

fertygo

Yeah I thought Chie was much more relax person with the old VA lol, the newer VA maybe more accurate but I still prefer the old Chie.

Btw I like P4 approach in atmosphere more than P3, but I think if you like edgy you gonna have it in P5.

Daimaou

Many people liked the more relaxed, chill Chie back in P4, in their mind, that is who Chie is. JP Chie and Erin Chie are both much more peppy and hyperactive...Erin Chie is also a little bit more whiny than both.

I don't know that I'd call Tracy Chie "chill" so much as "awkward." Then again there's some charm to that, too.

I wonder what the overlap is between people whose favorite character is Chie and those who don't like the new voice. It'd make sense, since it's a pretty noticeable character shift. I was never really a huge fan of Chie, either.

I don't know that I'd call Tracy Chie "chill" so much as "awkward." Then again there's some charm to that, too.

I wonder what the overlap is between people whose favorite character is Chie and those who don't like the new voice. It'd make sense, since it's a pretty noticeable character shift. I never particularly held Chie in high regard, either.

I like Chie but she is the most one dimensional character of the 4 crew, and IMO, a less compelling character than Lisa Silverman, but she is still awesome so it's all good.

Daimaou

I like Chie but she is the most one dimensional character of the 4 crew, and IMO, a less compelling character than Lisa Silverman, but she is still awesome so it's all good.

Yeah, I don't hate her, but I find her less interesting than the rest of the investigation team.

You didn't think the later parts were dark?

I'm OK with either tone. Though personally I didn't think P3 was that much darker than P4. I think P3's darkness is kind of exaggerated. I'm fine with light-hearted segments so long as things get dark during critical parts of the story.

Even though the parts near the end were somewhat daunting. It never felt threatening enough for it to feel dark. But I guess the art style for 3 also made it feel like a darker game.

Whatever, I'll buy it whether it's light or dark anyways.

fertygo

Even though the parts near the end were somewhat daunting. It never felt threatening enough for it to feel dark.

Eh I feel more threatened in P4 endgame.

Heck, even the cast of P3 not feel threatened they relaxed after thinking what their decision are.. Its just more moody which very charming, with that january BGM and perfect time to finish Akinari SL, just very atmospheric.

PK Gaming

This?

igwzn5N3fNrg.gif

Got so hyped when Burn My Dread played during this scene in the trailer.

Oh my god I am LOVING this gif.

He's drowning in dat power. Complete decadence.

God, I hope they make Makoto interesting in the movie. The anime took Yu's character in an interesting direction, and I hope they do the same with Makoto.

Pirabear

Banned
Who is directing the P3 movie?

Pls don't tell me it's the same guy that handled the P4/Dangan Ronpa/Devil Survivor 2 anime.

Not Persona related completely, but worth sharing here.

I didn't plan this guy out at all, and I used battle fusions, in which you cannot choose which skills you pass, to pass down DLC skills, but I just wanted to have a Baller Frost of my own. Even if he isn't super amazing, I will roll with this guy till the ends of the earth!

Skills:

Recarm- Revive a target from death with half life (Couldn't replace this with anything better)

Endure- Revive self from death once per battle with 1 HP (Wish I had gotten Enduring Soul, but this was a skill mutation from Bufula I believe so I will take what I can get)

Repel Fire- It is a Jack Frost after all

Fallen Grace- Almighty attack that hits for 666 Damage. It was originally a DLC Michael exclusive attack that cannot be passed through normal fusion, but can be passed through in battle fusion.

Energy Drain- Absorbs enemy's HP and MP. It is what it is, not an ideal skill but nice to have I guess.

Cold World- Heavy Ice attack that can instantly kill. Not the best Ice skill, but a good one, and Jack Frost needs an Ice attack.

Tornado of God- Heavy Force attack that pierces any resistance except Repel I believe, that the enemy may have against it. Another DLC demon only attack I passed with battle fusions.

Force Pieroma- Stengthen's Force attacks. Wish I got High Force Pieroma.

In the end, he may not be perfect, but I love my Frostie yo.

A thing to note, is that once you get all the stat level up upgrades from the Burroughs App store, a level 99 Jack Frost and other low level demons have better stats than the ultimate dlc demons and such, but has much worse HP and resistances than the cream of the crop. Here are the 3 ultimate demons. Don't click if you don't want to spoil them, compare the stats and the HP/MP to my Frost.

Ultimate Demon Spoilers:
http://imageshack.us/a/img59/5360/rgwz.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img201/2214/ydkn.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/4938/j0yl.jpg

Pirabear

Banned
I still haven't played Golden yet, but I liked Chie's voice in P4A way more than I did in P4 Vanilla. I dunno, it seemed more fitting for the kung fu fangirl that hops around in battle to have an energetic voice.

Noriaki Akitaya is directing.

Seiji Kishi is supervising.

Hmm...cautiously optimistic then.

Caladrius

Not Persona related completely, but worth sharing here.

I didn't plan this guy out at all, and I used battle fusions, in which you cannot choose which skills you pass, to pass down DLC skills, but I just wanted to have a Baller Frost of my own. Even if he isn't super amazing, I will roll with this guy till the ends of the earth!
In the end, he may not be perfect, but I love my Frostie yo.

A thing to note, is that once you get all the stat level up upgrades from the Burroughs App store, a level 99 Jack Frost and other low level demons have better stats than the ultimate dlc demons and such, but has much worse HP and resistances than the cream of the crop. Here are the 3 ultimate demons. Don't click if you don't want to spoil them, compare the stats and the HP/MP to my Frost.

That's a hee-hell of a ho you have!

I want to do something similar with Fafnir, but I'm not sure if I want to grind incenses.to actually beef his stats up.

GIMME STEROIDS! These shadow portraits are great, I can't wait to see Yukiko's (and I'm still surprised that after three location tests we haven't seen them all).

I never played vanilla P4, so I only know Erin as Chie, but listening to some clips online, I definitely prefer her to the original voice actress. I don't know, vanilla Chie just sounds like the Chie I know on Ritalin, it's weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom