• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

In P4G, I ran Kanji, Naoto, and Teddie. They're so good together and cover buffs/debuffs fantatically. Kanji with Power charge is one of the scariest things in the game.

Caladrius

In a single attack yes, but Primal Force will equal or out-damage God Hand over the course of a fight.

On average, over the course of a fight, Kanji's damage will be higher. Mind you, this all falls apart if the enemy is weak to physical due to how Power Charge works. But how many enemies are weak to physical in the game? Almost none, because of the merging of physical categories.

I still sort of wish they hadn't done that. I understand that they wanted to simplify the system but removing the wiggle room for enemies to have physical weaknesses sorta limits the usefulness of Physical attackers outside of boss fights.

On the other hand there's no need to micromanage physical attacks and keep track of who does what at all times.

Gazoinks

I still sort of wish they hadn't done that. I understand that they wanted to simplify the system but removing the wiggle room for enemies to have physical weaknesses sorta limits the usefulness of Physical attackers outside of boss fights.

On the other hand there's no need to micromanage physical attacks and keep track of who does what at all times.

I think the more annoying part is that you have like five different moves that all say "Deals medium physical damage" but actually do different amounts of damage. Give me numbers or something!

Moonlight

Banned
In P4G, I ran with the vanilla crew (that is to say, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko) for most of the game, although Naoto was really too good not to use, so she wound up bumping Chie off. I never bothered with most of the other 'late' party members, otherwise.

Sophia

Among the many things they dumbed down for Persona 4, the change to physical attacks was by far the dumbest. I feared the worst when they said multiple weapon types were removed from Persona 3 Portable, but luckily the actual physical attack categories were left alone.

tumblr_ma1vxeY0Q31r2gzxko1_400.gif
So much swag the glasses just fly to her.
This is still awesome but
dammit atlus just say the bike uses a plume of dusk already
I need an adult
Why is the bufu gone?
A couple of updates tonight on the P4A wallpapers:

"The MAN who lusts for POWER returns!"
"The CARNIVORE who's discarded womanhood!"

I'll keep posting these piecemeal, and when I'm done I'll do one post with all of them.

Enjoy!
These look great!
I may or may not be looking forward to the Mitsuru one :S
If there's gonna be a Junpei-off we should totally have an Aigis vs. Aigis match :p
As someone who frequently plays in Mitsuru-offs, a Junpei-off or Aigis-off would be a nice change of things lol
You must be beary excited today buddha with all these gifs

Also I bring a comic edit

BcCb4PC.jpg

And now the great mystery: Just where exactly is she looking?

Caladrius

Among the many things they dumbed down for Persona 4, the change to physical attacks was by far the dumbest. I feared the worst when they said multiple weapon types were removed from Persona 3 Portable, but luckily the actual physical attack categories were left alone.

I still think the shuffle time changes they made for vanilla P4 were the worst. trying to get Persona cards off of them was frustrating because of how rough the penalties were for messing up.
I still think the P3P version is best.(Or was it like that in vanilla? Never played it.)

In P4G, I ran with the vanilla crew (that is to say, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko) for most of the game, although Naoto was really too good not to use, so she wound up bumping Chie off. I never bothered with most of the other 'late' party members, otherwise.
Same. Naoto was a lot of fun, even if useless sometimes.

I think they should grab two catagories, ala mainline. Though I dunno if they really wanna make "Gun" a Persona staple attack, but maybe just peirce and slash.

Sophia

I still think the shuffle time changes they made for vanilla P4 were the worst. trying to get Persona cards off of them was frustrating because of how rough the penalties were for messing up.
I still think the P3P version is best.(Or was it like that in vanilla? Never played it.)

P3P's system is the same as vanilla P3, but they also added the shuffle time minigame from Persona 4. Except with P3 cards (and thus no penalty for failure) and no Arcana Chance.

fertygo

I thought shuffling in P4 Vanilla is very close to P3P
Its pretty different in FES

LX_Theo

Banned
With the major overhaul they mad going from the P2 games to P3, does anyone else think we may see something similar when they announce P5?

Daimaou

With the major overhaul they mad going from the P2 games to P3, does anyone else think we may see something similar when they announce P5?

Depends on what you mean. I don't think they'll drop Social Links and Calendar system, since they're pretty much what has set P3 and P4 apart from other games. They'll probably iterate on it -- maybe work on how days are broken up or how you advance Social Links -- but I think a lot of the core systems from P3/4 are here to stay.

LX_Theo

Banned
Depends on what you mean. I don't think they'll drop Social Links and Calendar system, since they're pretty much what has set P3 and P4 apart from other games. They'll probably iterate on it -- maybe work on how days are broken up or how you advance Social Links -- but I think a lot of the core systems from P3/4 are here to stay.

I more mean like a major shakeup in the formula of the game. Really could be done in a million different ways, mind you, so going more specific would be a waste. Though I do think you gave a bit of an answer already.

I more mean like a major shakeup in the formula of the game. Really could be done in a million different ways, mind you, so going more specific would be a waste. Though I do think you gave a bit of an answer already.

I think the presentation will get a significant upgrade, but the core mechanics will stay the same.

EMT0

Banned
I leveled the whole P4 cast equally and trained them all into the high eighties because I liked them all. Step it up senpais.

cjkeats

My team at the end of the P4 was Yukiko, Chie, and Kanji. I got comfortable using them, so I stuck with them. It was mostly me pulling all the weight anyways and Yukiko healing.

I don't remember P3 100% but I think by the end I was using Yukari, Junpei, and Aigis. I don't recall using Mitsuru ever. Not even once.

I feel like the dullness of the dungeon crawling aspect of the game is its biggest flaw. Like, in P4, the player doesn't feel like he or she accomplishes much until you get to the last level of the dungeon and you're like, "FINALLY, the meat!" and don't even get me started on Tartarus *shudders*...so many floors...so little to motivate you to keep trudging on... I actually have an interesting idea about having an overworld map filled with multiple "mini dungeons" with randomized floors, but waaaay smaller than a dungeon in P4. They would all also have a minor boss at the end, and make you feel like you completed a quest every time you finished one. I actually go into more detail here in my big stupid fan-fic disguised as a wishlist for Persona 5.

I leveled the whole P4 cast equally and trained them all into the high eighties because I liked them all. Step it up senpais.

I did the same thing lol

My team at the end of the P4 was Yukiko, Chie, and Kanji. I got comfortable using them, so I stuck with them. It was mostly me pulling all the weight anyways and Yukiko healing.

I don't remember P3 100% but I think by the end I was using Yukari, Junpei, and Aigis. I don't recall using Mitsuru ever. Not even once.

Maybe this was for the best...

tumblr_leqbqsWR4k1qzerero1_500.jpg

Yes the joke is usually over exaggerated but it's still pretty funny

Marche90

lol. An odd case of Atlus missing a typo. Not the first time, though. I remember Devil Survivor being pretty bad in terms of typos and missing stuff, like leaving Japanese text.

My P4 team? Yukiko, Yosuke and Teddie. I wanted to use Chie, but she didnd't fit with my strategy (make sure everyone can heal in an emergency and/or buff when needed)

As for P3, I can't remember that well, but iirc, I switched all of them every now and then.

FluxWaveZ

What does Yu's shadow look like?

Posted everything previously:

Yeah, that Shadow Naoto face filled with disgust and belittlement is just too good. Reposting this list of Shadows we've seen in P4A2 for those who haven't seen it:

Shadows

Yu Narukami (Portrait 1)
Chie (Portrait 1)
Yosuke (Portrait 1, Portrait 2)
Naoto (Portrait 1, Portrait 2)
Kanji (Portrait 1, Intro 1, Intro 2, Win Pose)
Mitsuru (Portrait 1)
Aigis (Portrait 1)
Junpei (Portrait 1)
Yukari (Portrait 1, Intro 1)
Akihiko (Portrait 1)

We're still missing so many and there's been nothing new from loketest #3... You'd think someone would have taken a pic of "Shadow" Labrys at some point or something.

Those we haven't seen of at all:

1. Shadow Teddie
2. Shadow Labrys
3. Shadow Yukiko

I'm really interested to see both Shadow Teddie and the other Shadow Labrys. I feel that because of how Teddie plays, it would be kind of goofy to see the version one would expect performing those moves without some good aesthetic modifications. Interested in seeing the other S. Lab because I want to see if they made it a point to make her look particularly different than OG Shadow Labrys.

Squire

Banned
So, I think the most sensible assumption is that, to start, P5 will be a PS3 exclusive with a port(s) down the road.

Based on that, how well do you guys expect it to sell? (Not counting re-releases.)

cjkeats

Goddamn That protein monster.

I expect it to set new records for the series. There will be more hype around it than any other game in the series, and even if it's not massive levels like a really big franchise, I think it'll do excellent in NA.

Lemstar

God Hand has a base power of 1600. Multiplied by 2.5 for Power Charge, means you get a base power of 4000. Primal Force has a base power of 2200.
Does Power Charge really multiply the base power and not the damage after you take the square root?

Soriku

So, I think the most sensible assumption is that, to start, P5 will be a PS3 exclusive with a port(s) down the road.

Based on that, how well do you guys expect it to sell? (Not counting re-releases.)

I think P4 really grew the series and with P5 there's nowhere to go but up IMO. I can see it doing 500k in Japan, and possibly 200k or more in NA. I don't know how well the games have done in EU but I'd expect growth there as well.

Moonlight

Banned
I agree. I'm definitely sure that P5 is going to do the best that an internally developed Atlus game has ever done by a long shot, at least.

ST2K

Man, I was just reminded how close we are to that teaser date. Hard to believe that we're a week away from a (likely) P5 announcement. I'm so ready for a new Persona. Here's hoping Atlus doesn't fuck it up.

Dantis

Goddamn That protein monster.

I expect it to set new records for the series. There will be more hype around it than any other game in the series, and even if it's not massive levels like a really big franchise, I think it'll do excellent in NA.

I think so too.

No matter what happens, or it ends up being, awesome or disappointing, it was a lot of fun to go through this with all of you, but rip in peace if it ends up not being Persona 5 bwahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom