• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Also, kinda serious question: how many of you are still playing P4A? I'm on the fence about buying it, since I want a few friends of mine to play it, but I would like to play online from time to time too.

I still play every so often, usually when someone says something. The best way to get a group going is simply to ask. I think we just got an influx of new players too.

PK Gaming

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

We're so sorry

TWILT

Banned
Yukari is waaay too high on that tier list and Yukiko just barely being high is insulting. She's top at least. >:

I'm done, I promise.
Also, kinda serious question: how many of you are still playing P4A? I'm on the fence about buying it, since I want a few friends of mine to play it, but I would like to play online from time to time too.
I don't practice a lot anymore, but if anyone wants to play, just give me a shout!

I still play it pretty damn frequently, one of my favorite fighters out there. We have lobbies in IRC once in a while too.

PK Gaming

Looks like the Jintor vs. Dantis fight just got itself a halftime show.

Also, I disagree with that ranking because Rise is not top-tier. In what way is Fuuka better than her?
Oh I was rating the characters purely based on appearance

Fuuka would drop like a rock if factored in personality

Levito

Banned
At this point I'd think so. S.O.S. system probably isn't too lively since the game's been out for a while now.

So the SOS stuff is just like buffing other players more or less right?

Finally starting Golden, it's weird after playing through vanilla 3 times.

Squire

Banned
Don't get me wrong. I like to tease Dantis as much as the next person here. But that stuff was over four hours ago.

Totally. We pay him too much mind anyway, honestly. (Sorry, bro!)

TheGrimHeaper was saying on Twitter today that community threads are shitty and dominated by a handful of jerks. (It was something along those lines.)

I may not have agreed with the wording, but I do feel the sentiment behind it.

kewlmyc

So, a lot of the network functionality in Golden seems kind of pointless, right?

I don't think so. The message system in the dungeons helps you out in the beginning of the game and the function that shows you what other people did that day helps out new players.

Also, this has been one weird ass night for PersonaGAF. I'm going to bed early. I'm out.

4iQM9xI.gif

It's mainly for small health recovery stuff. The feature was kinda lively when I played the game close to a year ago, but I can't see it being too big in use now. I honestly never benefited much from the amount given.

Moonlight

Banned
Reality has stabilized with that list. Mostly. Rise still deserves to be higher up. >:|

Oh, this is the first time you're playing Golden?

You're in for a treat. :D

Jintor

Golden is so damn good.

Even now, with my Steam acquisition list high and my Vita charging cable still not having arrived from China, I desire to play it

Moonlight

Banned
I've been replaying myself lately, in celebration of P5's announcement and because I really need to manage to get the Platinum for it. Much like fine wine, it gets better with age.

Marche90

It's scary how easy it was to pull the trigger on that purchase, even if supposedly I'm on the red for the next fifteen days.

Guess it's back to noodles diet for me now.

todd360

It's mainly for small health recovery stuff. The feature was kinda lively when I played the game close to a year ago, but I can't see it being too big in use now. I honestly never benefited much from the amount given.

Yea no one seems to use it much now. It was a really cool feature when the game released and everyone was playing it though.

PK Gaming

I just finished P4G about 2 months ago, and part of me wants to replay it again. (Ridiculous! I know... I'm a weak person)

Enjoy your enhanced version of P4 Levito! There's a ton of undocumented changes btw.

Moonlight

Banned
Been taking screenshots of some of my favourite moments up to where I'm at now. Might drop 'em on you guys later.

After I get P4G done, I think I'm gonna finish P3P.

And then, finally, Eternal Punishment. Gonna be a pain going back, though, after all the sleek modern conveniences of P3P and P4G.

Levito

Banned
Oh, this is the first time you're playing Golden?

You're in for a treat. :D

I held off forever because the Vita was too freaking uncomfortable to hold for the longest time, bought some grips a couple months ago and now it's fine.

Can definitely see where the complaints that Golden is too easy now. It's not a huge jump in difficulty from vanilla P4 but I noticed all the small changes(mostly compendium stuff) that they've streamlined.

SOS just basically gives you SP/HP if someone responds right?

Digging the new voices though, Erin's Chie is just better even though I'm still used to Tracy.

cj_iwakura

Been taking screenshots of some of my favourite moments up to where I'm at now. Might drop 'em on you guys later.

After I get P4G done, I think I'm gonna finish P3P.

And then, finally, Eternal Punishment. Gonna be a pain going back, though, after all the sleek modern conveniences of P3P and P4G.

I'm sure somewhere, in whatever lonely train station he's playing guitar in, Cozy Okada smiles whenever someone beats P2.

Moonlight

Banned
Yeah. It's not useful unless there's a ton of people because I think you'll only get like 5 SP or something off one SOS response, though.

I honestly welcome almost all the changes that P4G made, though. Mostly the Velvet Room stuff. Fusion search and skill select are glorious and I hope they never go away.

Caladrius

Also, this has been one weird ass night for PersonaGAF. I'm going to bed early. I'm out.

4iQM9xI.gif

Ed Edd n' Eddy gifs give me warm and fuzzy feelings.

Can definitely see where the complaints that Golden is too easy now. It's not a huge jump in difficulty from vanilla P4 but I noticed all the small changes(mostly compendium stuff) that they've streamlined.

Once you get some of the additional skills for your party members and Naoto joins the cast you can snap the game over your knee.

All this waifu talk made me remember that I never got to do the guys' valentines day event. That passive-aggressive fiend Marie tricked me into thinking I needed to date her to finish the social link!

I guess it's about time we settled this bruh.

Top tier
-Ulala
-Maya
-Yukari
-Eriko (EP)

High tier
-Hamuko (FeMC)
-Mitsuru
-Aigis
-Fuuka
-Chie
-Yukiko
-Lisa

Mid tier
-Maki
-Yukino
-Toriumi
-Rise
-Ai
-Eriko (P1)
-Saori
-Yuko
-Chihiro
-Yosuke

Bottom tier
-Yumi
-Apple
-Ayase

OH we're making tier lists?
S+
  • Chie
  • Mitsuru
S
  • Lisa
  • Maya
  • Yuko
  • Yosuke
A
  • Naoto
  • Rise
  • Yumi
B
  • Yukiko
  • Hisano
  • Ulala
C
  • Fuuka
  • Yukari
  • Toriumi
  • Ai
  • Sayoko
  • WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY below: Chihiro
F
  • Ayane
  • Aigis
  • Labrys
This is probably the most shameful thing I've ever written

PK Gaming

Yeah. It's not useful unless there's a ton of people because I think you'll only get like 5 SP or something off one SOS response, though.

I honestly welcome almost all the changes that P4G made, though. Mostly the Velvet Room stuff. Fusion search and skill select are glorious and I hope they never go away.
Yup.

I'll concede that the game is super easy (though P4 is honestly an easy game at base...) I really like what they did with the characters. I LOVE the battle system and I LOVE stats & setups, so changes to make old characters to make them viable (Chie, Naoto) or just plain fun (EVERYONE) really made me happy.

Oh and he can say no to costumes.

Caladrius

Fusion search is the default mode of fusion in SMT IV and DeSu2. It's probably going to be a mainstay.

Yup.

I'll concede that the game is super easy (though P4 is honestly an easy game at base...) I really like what they did with the characters. I LOVE the battle system and I LOVE stats & setups, so changes to make old characters to make them viable (Chie, Naoto) or just plain fun (EVERYONE) really made me happy.

There were a lot of things I liked about it like you said, although still kinda half and half on the shuffle time mechanic in P4G. While it's an interesting idea on paper, it sometimes makes the game a lot easier than it should. Although the Emperor Arcana one I like, that one is espcially useful later in the game when you have to grind crazy amounts to gain a level.

fertygo

I sure hope so, even I haven't play Golden yet.. those thing make DeSu so awesome. Just design more difficult enemy plz

Jintor

So honestly I finally checked the Pocketcast library and found SLink FM actually had a rss link so I'm finally subscribed! And I like what I'm hearing and need to go through the archives.

I wanna guest on an episode plz but timezones

Moonlight

Banned
Costumes are probably the best individual addition that Golden ever makes. Once I got those Gekkoukan uniforms, oh man. No going back. That said, Yu's uniform really doesn't flatter him. Yosuke, on the other hand, looks amazing with a Gekkoukan uniform on. Works much better than his Yaso uniform. That unbuttoned coat does wonders.

But while the Gekkou set is the best (with the Feathermen costumes a very close second), Chie probably has the best overall set of costumes. The track suit is king, along with the Kung Fu costume (though I wish the hat was optional) and Festival Yukata. The best single costume in the game definitely goes to Yu's Dojima get-up, though. Complete with the slung-over coat, oh jeez.

...man, I still wish that Rise had her own costumes in P4G. Missed opportunities, argh.

While I'm on this tangent, what're PersonaGAF's favourite P4G costumes?

EMT0

Banned
Costumes are probably the best individual addition that Golden ever makes. Once I got those Gekkoukan uniforms, oh man. No going back. That said, Yu's uniform really doesn't flatter him. Yosuke, on the other hand, looks amazing with a Gekkoukan uniform on. Works much better than his Yaso uniform. That unbuttoned coat does wonders.

But while the Gekkou set is the best (with the Feathermen costumes a very close second), Chie probably has the best overall set of costumes. The track suit is king. The best single costume in the game definitely goes to Yu's Dojima get-up, though. Complete with the slung-over coat, oh jeez.

...man, I still wish that Rise had her own costumes in P4G. Missed opportunities, argh.

While I'm on this tangent, what're PersonaGAF's favourite P4G costumes?

I actually never got that many at all, but of those that I did get I was fond of the black suits that made them all look like secret agents and the summer festival outfits(for the males).

Caladrius

Favorite costumes In no particular order.

Velvet Room Teddie (Such an adorable bellhop when you ignore the huge-ass razor claws he's got. My overall favorite.)
Flannel Jacket Teddie
Winter Jacket Yukiko
Winter Jacket Kanji
Summer default Naoto (Suits all day erryday)
Summer default Kanji
Winter default Yosuke Swimsuit Yosuke.> __ >;;;
FBI suits
Drag Kanji
Drag Teddie

Cheer Squad Yosuke
Cheer Squad Yu
Cheer Squad Teddie
Cheerleader Yukiko
Cheer Squad Kanji
Cheerleader Naoto

That's all I've used for the past 3 playthroughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom