• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
BaiN049CcAEMjFO.jpg

PK Gaming

Costumes are probably the best individual addition that Golden ever makes. Once I got those Gekkoukan uniforms, oh man. No going back. That said, Yu's uniform really doesn't flatter him. Yosuke, on the other hand, looks amazing with a Gekkoukan uniform on. Works much better than his Yaso uniform. That unbuttoned coat does wonders.

But while the Gekkou set is the best (with the Feathermen costumes a very close second), Chie probably has the best overall set of costumes. The track suit is king, along with the Kung Fu costume (though I wish the hat was optional) and Festival Yukata. The best single costume in the game definitely goes to Yu's Dojima get-up, though. Complete with the slung-over coat, oh jeez.

...man, I still wish that Rise had her own costumes in P4G. Missed opportunities, argh.

While I'm on this tangent, what're PersonaGAF's favourite P4G costumes?
Yeah, costumes were a big part of why I enjoyed the battle system in Golden. It's rare to see an RPG game give you so much (optional) customization for your characters outfits.

As for me, I rotated between every outfit, by favorites were:
Yu: Midwinter Outfit, midwinter Yaso outfit, summer outfit
Yosuke: Midwinter Yaso outfit, The festival outfit (I think it was called the Jinbei), Junes Apron
Chie: Kung fu outfit, track suit outfit, summer outfit
Yukiko: Midwinter Yaso Outfit, one of her kiminos (the black one), summer outfit

Kanji: Midwinter Yaso Outfit (That sweater is so cute & awesome)
Teddie: Summer Outfit, all of Teddie's human outfits (They're all great)
Naoto: Agent outfit, Yaso uniform (female), winter outfit

Living in Florida, I can only dream of having clothes that cool. Layers are forever lost to me.

Haha I share you're pain. But the fact that its not warranted doesn't stop people from trying layers where I live, it'll be 60 degrees and you'll see people wearing overcoats.

Son of a bitch. I was searching for screenshots of the Gekkoukan outfit in P4G, and found pictures from the Epiolgue, which I then realized I'd never seen since I never finished Marie's S. Link.

Here comes another playthrough...
not that I'm complaining.

Edit: apparently the requirements aren't just Marie's stuff. I have no clue. New playthrough regardless.

Sophia

Son of a bitch. I was searching for screenshots of the Gekkoukan outfit in P4G, and found pictures from the Epiolgue, which I then realized I'd never seen since I never finished Marie's S. Link.

Here comes another playthrough...
not that I'm complaining.

Edit: apparently the requirements aren't just Marie's stuff. I have no clue. New playthrough regardless.

Max out Marie's Social Link (and by extension of that, finishing the new dungeon that unlocks if her SLink is maxed) + True ending requirements.
Which means Izanami was your final boss and you didn't just go home on the final day.

Max out Marie's Social Link (and by extension of that, finishing the new dungeon that unlocks if her SLink is maxed) + True ending requirements.
Which means Izanami was your final boss and you didn't just go home on the final day.
Ugh, yeah. If I recall correctly, I didn't realize that December is skipped over if you finish the dungeon early, so I had one or two ranks of Marie's link left, planning to finish them up with the time alloted by finishing the dungeon within one day. >_<

PK Gaming

Question:

what if aki and mitsuru show-mo rub down the shore of a beach. they may not be getting anywhere fast but they sure look good

tumblr_inline_mx7tm8oFnb1qdyshm.png

I know we just passed our wacky-lewd phase, but I thought this comic was too good to pass up. <3 retrodynamics.

Sophia

Ugh, yeah. If I recall correctly, I didn't realize that December is skipped over if you finish the dungeon early, so I had one or two ranks of Marie's link left, planning to finish them up with the time alloted by finishing the dungeon within one day. >_<

Don't worry. I made the same mistake, although for different reasons (I figured you had time in January.)

Was kinda surprising because Atlus carefully designed the original game so you couldn't miss any real endings unless you overwrote or deleted your save.

cj_iwakura

I just finished Deadly Premonition, and I enjoyed the similarities to Persona 4 on some levels.

(Spoilers for both)

There's someone who gets suspected but is HIGHLY unlikely to be the killer, someone who gets arrested who seems likely but something's not quite right, the actual killer, then the mastermind.

cj_iwakura

There's a reason Deadly Premonition was the second Endurance Run after Persona 4.

Which one is worth watching more? I glanced at both briefly and the one by Brad and Ryan(totally blind) seemed more amusing.

I need to be a fly on the wall when they get to the final chapter, my god.

FluxWaveZ

Which one is worth watching more? I glanced at both briefly and the one by Brad and Ryan(totally blind) seemed more amusing.

I need to be a fly on the wall when they get to the final chapter, my god.

I only watched, like, 5-7 episode of the BR run, but my favorite was Jeff and Vinny's by far. Any video where they're both featured becomes hilarious and that made for a really great time for both the P4 ER and the DP ER. I think what drove some people to watch the BR run the most was Brad's constant complaining about the game and Ryan's mocking of his poor performance. Brad ended up hating the game by the end while at least Jeff and Vinny appreciated its charms.

Like the P4 ER, there are some good "Best of videos" (DP spoilers). One of the most hilarious moments for me was this one.

Tirod

I know the latest Persona announcements are the hot topic still, but did anyone else in the US get their localized P4A Design Works today?

I'm flipping through it, and I'm in awe at the amount of work and detail they incorporated into the characters. It's hard for me to appreciate when I'm just playing the game and trying to keep up with the action on screen, but the book really highlights how much work is put into animations. Kanji's "Cruel Attack" in particular is great to see outlined.

Also, hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

Tirod

Oh geez, that's right. Forgot that I should be getting that this week myself.

Ha, it was a total surprise for me when I was leaving for classes today and saw it sticking out my mailbox. The amount of emails I've gotten about moved release dates caused me to put it out of my mind, I thought it was still coming out some time in January.

Still flipping through and wow, Teddie looks like he was so fun
unbearable
to animate.

FluxWaveZ

Cool, can't wait to get my hands on it. Those delays sucked, but I'm glad it's finally out.

Here's the cover for Persona magazine #Re:birth:

bGLd8BX.jpg

Here's hoping there's some new info about stuff this week since it launches on December 5.

At first I was wondering why you linked to a blank Amazon gif there, Flux. :p

Heh, should have previewed that one. Guess Amazon's not into their images getting hotlinked.

Sophia

At first I was wondering why you linked to a blank Amazon gif there, Flux. :p

Looks like it'll have a lot of info, if the cover is any indication. I can't read it all that well cuz the image is small, but Persona Q, Persona 3 the Movie, Persona 4 Arena 2, and "Persona Brand New Title Calendar 2014" are all mentioned.

Gazoinks

Cool, can't wait to get my hands on it. Those delays sucked, but I'm glad it's finally out.

bGLd8BX.jpg

Here's hoping there's some new info about stuff this week since it launches on December 5.

Sweet, looking forward to that going up. Probably too soon, but I'd like to see some stuff about PQ's gameplay systems. Still, anything new is welcome!

Squire

Banned
Sweet, looking forward to that going up. Probably too soon, but I'd like to see some stuff about PQ's gameplay systems. Still, anything new is welcome!

PQ is the first one out and in Spring, no less. If they mention it chances are they're discussing gameplay.

Gazoinks

PQ is the first one out and in Spring, no less. If they mention it chances are they're discussing gameplay.

Oh, I must've got its release date mixed up with P4D, I thought it was Summer or Fall. Awesome, because (aside from P5 obviously) it's the one I'm most looking forward to. :D

Squire

Banned
Oh, I must've got its release date mixed up with P4D, I thought it was Summer or Fall. Awesome, because (aside from P5 obviously) it's the one I'm most looking forward to. :D

Coolio. That's why I expect to hear about that game or Ultimax first with regards to localization. The order JP gets them is: PQ -> P4A2 -> P4D -> P5. And that's spring, summer, autumn, winter. A new Persona for each quarter in Japan, basically.

It's pretty nuts.

cj_iwakura

bGLd8BX.jpg

Heh, should have previewed that one. Guess Amazon's not into their images getting hotlinked.

Well it says Persona 5(in katakana) right on the cover, so...

Gazoinks

Coolio. That's why I expect to hear about that game or Ultimax first with regards to localization. The order JP gets them is: PQ -> P4A2 -> P4D -> P5. And that's spring, summer, autumn, winter. A new Persona for each quarter in Japan, basically.

It's pretty nuts.

Yeah, that's pretty awesome. Hope the localizations are quick!

Isn't 2014 an anniversary for the MegaTen series as a whole? Thought I remembered someone saying that.

Does anyone know if the magazine has been up for order yet? Would love to purchase a copy.

And I missed kawaii Taylor Swift :[ I love that girl.

Squire

Banned
Does anyone know if the magazine has been up for order yet? Would love to purchase a copy.

And I missed kawaii Taylor Swift :[ I love that girl.

I'm pretty sure an Amazon JP listing is how we first heard it was coming back for another run. It was definitely up for order like a week before the reveal.

And right on, man. Taylor's cute, haha

Dantis

So I guess we're back to some sense of normalcy here.

Really shouldn't go off like that again guys. Community Threads can get closed for turning into off-topic shit fests, and that's absolutely what we were last night.

bGLd8BX.jpg

I hope it has something of substance for one of the games, at least.

I bet you there's nothing substantial about P5 though.

Squire

Banned
what are you talking about re: swift

seriously though put me on a podcast coach, i'm ready

I mostly just think she's cute, but she does have 1 or 2 decent songs (if you don't think about the lyrics too hard).

And yeah, man, we'll work it out. That episode might have to be on a Saturday.

So I guess we're back to some sense of normalcy here.

Really shouldn't go off like that again guys. Community Threads can get closed for turning into off-topic shit fests, and that's absolutely what we were last night.

Don't talk down to us, please and thank you.

FluxWaveZ

Well, they'll have to show at least a few new screenshots and/or some interesting interviews or else an investment into renewing the Persona magazine would have been absolutely useless and there'd be no incentive for people to pick it up.

Jintor

Never understood that. The whole point of quarantining Community from OT was because Communities would become often off-topic friend groups that would chat about whatever but that (like an electron cloud) would still gravitate around a nucleus of common interest. So to sanction Communities for acting, like, a community always struck me as kinda silly.

That said, off-topic waifu wars does edge close to sanctionable material, but only if the duration is long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom