• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
Is there gonna an archive of the Nico stream anywhere? Was happening a little too late my time to watch.

JRUPSKx.jpg

jyTrXij.jpg
This looks fucking awesome. A thing that I've noticed with more than a few Persona figures is that they don't manage to get the eyes quite right, but this definitely nails it. Looks pretty high quality in general.

It's getting harder to resist the siren call of these things every day.

His jiggling is... mesmerizing. I was reading the P4A design book last night, and in there he has the title of "Junes' Prince of Disappointment," which I found really funny/fitting. They also mention that many of his moves feature him looking at the camera because of how cool he thinks he is (but they made his moves somewhat clumsy to show how uncool he really is). :p

I've only gotten through Yukiko's chapter so far, but if you're at all interested in how ATLUS/ASW put Arena together it's well worth the read. Each character's section has a few pages of Soejima art and then several pages of concept documents for the characters' moves, showing how they put them together and little design notes from the ASW team. Each chapter concludes with storyboards and further notes about the creation of the Insta-Kill moves.

His jiggling is... mesmerizing. I was reading the P4A design book last night, and in there he has the title of "Junes' Prince of Disappointment," which I found really funny/fitting. They also mention that many of his moves feature him looking at the camera because of how cool he thinks he is (but they made his moves somewhat clumsy to show how uncool he really is). :p

I've only gotten through Yukiko's chapter so far, but if you're at all interested in how ATLUS/ASW put Arena together it's well worth the read. Each character's section has a few pages of Soejima art and then several pages of concept documents for the characters' moves, showing how they put them together and little design notes from the ASW team. Each chapter concludes with storyboards and further notes about the creation of the Insta-Kill moves.

Sounds great. I'm excited to read it. Still got 4 more days till it's released.

Caladrius

I'd buy figures but I'm too busy blowing money on Trading Cards, which I have more room for. (My room has horrid shelf space and not enough square footage to put in more.)

I'd buy figures but I'm too busy blowing money on Trading Cards, which I have more room for. (My room has horrid shelf space and not enough square footage to put in more.)
Which cards do you have? I really like collecting cards even though I don't actually have any of them.

Caladrius

Which cards do you have? I really like collecting cards even though I don't actually have any of them.

Just pokemon cards. Been collecting them on and off for the past 10 years or so.

The set they just released has some amazing cards in it.(A big chunk of them are reprints of some of the best cards from the past 3 years, about a quarter of them are brand new and a lot of the reprints have new art.)http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92573926&postcount=13115

It's an exclusive so I hope you like paying 12000 yen on it.
She is worth all of them!

@Caladrious: they are very cool! I used to have some Pokemon cards (even though I have no idea how to play) and some Yu-Gi-Oh cards. And by some I mean a lot, but I'm pretty sure most of the Yugi ones were fake D:

Just pokemon cards. Been collecting them on and off for the past 10 years or so.

The set they just released has some amazing cards in it.(A big chunk of them are reprints of some of the best cards from the past 3 years, about a quarter of them are brand new and a lot of the reprints have new art.)http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92573926&postcount=13115
Thanks for reminding me to get some Legendary Treasure packs with that post lol. I gotta try to get a Mew EX for my deck and that reprint has some nice looking art. Would be the third fullart in my deck after plasma Giratina and Ghetsis.

Caladrius

Thanks for reminding me to get some Legendary Treasure packs with that post lol. I gotta try to get a Mew EX for my deck and that reprint has some nice looking art. Would be the third fullart in my deck after plasma Giratina and Ghetsis.

I'd say if you're willing to spend the money (I think it's about 80-90 USD plus tax and shipping), get the booster box from online instead (I snagged mine from Troll and Toad off of amazon). Even if you only paid 3 USD per pack in the store you'd still be getting more cards out of a booster box, and you're statistically more likely to get full art cards than buying individually. The Radiant collection rares also seem to be much more common than the regular rares. (The Zekrom Secret card is the only regular FA from this batch, other 8 are Radiant collection.)

Also Giratina was my first Full Art Card, funnily enough. (Mine was the Dragons Exalted version. though)

I'd say if you're willing to spend the money (I think it's about 80-90 USD plus tax and shipping), get the booster box from online instead (I snagged mine from Troll and Toad off of amazon). Even if you only paid 3 USD per pack in the store you'd still be getting more cards out of a booster box, and you're statistically more likely to get full art cards than buying individually. The Radiant collection rares also seem to be much more common than the regular rares. (The Zekrom Secret card is the only regular FA from this batch, other 8 are Radiant collection.)

Also Giratina was my first Full Art Card, funnily enough. (Mine was the Dragons Exalted version. though)
I'm normally not a full art collector, but my friend had Plasma Giratina for trade and I thought "I could swap out one of my normal plasma Giratinas to put this in, keep my game plan the same, and have a kickass looking card. Couple days later he brought Ghetsis. He only had a full art on him but with an effect like that I wondered why I wasn't running it lol. My first fullart was Reshiram.

Caladrius

I'm normally not a full art collector, but my friend had Plasma Giratina for trade and I thought "I could swap out one of my normal plasma Giratinas to put this in, keep my game plan the same, and have a kickass looking card. Couple days later he brought Ghetsis. He only had a full art on him but with an effect like that I wondered why I wasn't running it lol. My first fullart was Reshiram.

Daaaaaamn. I could use a friend like that. Most of the Full art supporter cards look great.(N is my favorite out of those.) I play occasionally but I am absolutely dreadful at playing and deck-building.

And whenever Reshiram comes up in conversation, this instantly comes to mind.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/a/a2/ReshiramLegendaryTreasuresRC22.jpg

I would never buy a figure, never....never....

But would you buy Persona trading cards?

Dantis

Me either, buddy.

Just met a girl named Julia Dantis.

Stop sending aspects of yourself to tease me, Dantis.

This is hilarious.

EDIT: Interesting thing I just heard on IdleThumbs. The guys who do it are game devs (Two of them were the leads on season 1 of Walking Dead, for example) and they're talking about writing around canon. They said 'We just go into a meeting room and say "I fucking hate canon. Let's just tell a good story and try not to offend anybody."'

I think Atlus probably sees it the same way. You know, minus the 'good' part.

Lunar15

I always feel like I want figures, but in the end I always realize that I don't.

Maybe one day if I became some big hot shot with a big fancy office, I'd get a really really really nice figure of something I greatly loved and put it in a display case. I could see that being classy.

fertygo

Goddamn, Maya is such a badass

Innocent Sin spoiler
jump down from height with no fuck given, while ignoring her phobia too :bow
This lady is a killah

Meia

Not my fault there's not a Maya figure. :(

Wait, is there one? No, right?

Anyhoo, I have that Chie still on order from Anime Island, they say they're supposed to get theirs so they can send them out to us this month, but yeah, we'll see. Total was like $150 or something.

Not my fault there's not a Maya figure. :(

Wait, is there one? No, right?

Anyhoo, I have that Chie still on order from Anime Island, they say they're supposed to get theirs so they can send them out to us this month, but yeah, we'll see. Total was like $150 or something.

The only Maya figure I know if is this garage kit. No PVCs, sadly. :(

Me either, buddy.

This is hilarious.

EDIT: Interesting thing I just heard on IdleThumbs. The guys who do it are game devs (Two of them were the leads on season 1 of Walking Dead, for example) and they're talking about writing around canon. They said 'We just go into a meeting room and say "I fucking hate canon. Let's just tell a good story and try not to offend anybody."'

I think Atlus probably sees it the same way. You know, minus the 'good' part.

Explains the save game glitch then.

Acid08

Banned
Does anyone know if
Namatame
has a new VA do some of lines in P4G? They insert some lines about the concert into your bedside conversation with him and the voice sounds waaaaaaaaay different. As far as I can tell it was only for those lines though.

grapetile

Neo Member
Does anyone know if
Namatame
has a new VA do some of lines in P4G? They insert some lines about the concert into your bedside conversation with him and the voice sounds waaaaaaaaay different. As far as I can tell it was only for those lines though.

Almost positive it's the same VA, but I noticed that too. Same with Margaret. It really stands out if you
choose to fight her. Her dialogue afterwards is all over the place, pitch-wise.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Almost positive it's the same VA, but I noticed that too. Same with Margaret. It really stands out if you
choose to fight her. Her dialogue afterwards is all over the place, pitch-wise.

If I remember correctly....

That is because Karen Strassman recorded some of her lines. Michelle mentioned this in the interview we had with her

Levito

Banned
Yes Karen did some lines for Margaret in P4G because Michelle was unable to. Michelle mentioned that when we talked to her.

grapetile

Neo Member
Well that explains it. Hadn't heard the interview, so that's news to me. I just assumed she couldn't get back into the character after all the time had passed, or something. Anybody know the deal with
Namatame?
I definitely noticed a difference there too.

(kept the spoiler tag since the other post did)

Acid08

Banned
Yes Karen did some lines for Margaret in P4G because Michelle was unable to. Michelle mentioned that when we talked to her.
So no insight into
Namatame's
VA? Because it's straight up crazy how much that voice changes mid-scene.

Also Persona-Bros, I picked up both P2 games to play on Vita. Have only played 3 and 4, am I in for some antiquated mechanics?

Gazoinks

Also Persona-Bros, I picked up both P2 games to play on Vita. Have only played 3 and 4, am I in for some antiquated mechanics?

Yes. Yes you are. :p

May want to check out the spoiler-free guide on IS, depending on how much clunky old-school JRPg you like.

Levito

Banned
So no insight into
Namatame's
VA? Because it's straight up crazy how much that voice changes mid-scene.

No idea, though it's likely they had some do some pickup lines or w/e.

There's a guide people around here pass around to help with some of the rigidness of those games. Someone post it stat!

Acid08

Banned
Yes. Yes you are. :p

May want to check out the spoiler-free guide on IS, depending on how much clunky old-school JRPg you like.

You are, sadly. Best to just grin and bear it, the soul of the game is something special.

No idea, though it's likely they had some do some pickup lines or w/e.

There's a guide people around here pass around to help with some of the rigidness of those games. Someone post it stat!

This is the guide for IS that I used.

Really wish there was something like this for EP.
Awesome, thanks guys!

I'm excited to play them because everyone is so positive about the story and characters in P2. I think I can deal with some old game rust if the characters can pull me through it. And I want to play them to experience everything instead of just reading summaries.

Is the IS remake updated a lot over the PS1 game? Going from P4G->PSP IS->PS1 EP might be tough :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom