• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does Kaneko fit in nowadays though? Like, what's he up to, if we know, aside from Decarabia plushies? He still works for Atlus, right? Then is he simply buckling up doing low key work for the A/B-teams? Any recent credits appearances?

I believe he was last sighted drawing space marines, game-wise. No indications that he's left Atlus.

Gazoinks

Where does Kaneko fit in nowadays though? Like, what's he up to, if we know, aside from Decarabia plushies? He still works for Atlus, right? Then is he simply buckling up doing low key work for the A/B-teams? Any recent credits appearances?

Prevailing theory is he was trapped in a fridge.

SMT IV was the last project I know that he was working on, barring the demon designer credit that he gets in all SMT and Persona games. He was a Scenario Original Draft writer for SMT IV. What he is up now, only the people working alongside him at ATLUS know. So it could be anybody's guess what he's doing now.

EMT0

Banned
So in other words....

tumblr_mafeqkrt7m1qbn3hqo1_500.png

I'd say Kaneko's art holds little relevance today. Sad but true.

Absolutely false Kaneko's art is beautiful. I do think, however that Persona games would fare better if Soejima designed some of the new Personas and redesigned some of the old Personas just for conceptual symmetry. They should totally use his designs in mainline SMT games though

Gazoinks

Absolutely false Kaneko's art is beautiful. I do think, however that Persona games would fare better if Soejima designed some of the new Personas and redesigned some of the old Personas just for conceptual symmetry. They should totally use his designs in mainline SMT games though

Yeah, Kaneko's weird creepy art isn't really suited to modern Persona, but it's an enormous part of the identity of SMT.

I just got critically hit twice in a row during the second battle in Nocturne and almost died. :D

cj_iwakura

Yeah, Kaneko's weird creepy art isn't really suited to modern Persona, but it's an enormous part of the identity of SMT.

I just got critically hit twice in a row during the second battle in Nocturne and almost died. :D

I think he could still bring plenty to the table. Kaneko has a good eye for fashion.

Well, sometimes.

I like his art too, But you can't exactly call it mainstream, Can you?

Soma

I like Kaneko's demon/monster designs more than Soejima's.

but

I like Soejima's character designs more than Kaneko's.

There's definitely exceptions for both of them though.

Gazoinks

I think he could still bring plenty to the table. Kaneko has a good eye for fashion.

Well, sometimes.

It really depends on the vibe they go for. I think Soejima's art is better suited to the sort of hip, trendy, stylish vibe I associate with P3 and 4. He's really good at designing characters with unique appearances that you could still plausibly meet on the street. Kaneko's design is more alien in nature. Most of his fashion doesn't really look like normal clothing, going for a more bizarre vibe (he did a good job with the school uniforms in P1&2 though). Not to mention the creepy doll lizard faces he gives everyone. :p

he should start making art for smartphones

It really depends on the vibe they go for. I think Soejima's art is better suited to the sort of hip, trendy, stylish vibe I associate with P3 and 4. He's really good at designing characters with unique appearances that you could still plausibly meet on the street. Kaneko's design is more alien in nature. Most of his fashion doesn't really look like normal clothing, going for a more bizarre vibe (he did a good job with the school uniforms in P1&2 though). Not to mention the creepy doll lizard faces he gives everyone. :p

soejima's giraffe necks.png

PK Gaming

Not going to lie, I don't really like any of Kaneko's Persona 2 character designs, outside of maybe Tatsuya. Doi and Soejima did a better job at drawing the P2 characters imo.

Gazoinks

Not going to lie, I don't really like any of Kaneko's Persona 2 character designs, outside of maybe Tatsuya. Doi and Soejima did a better job at drawing the P2 characters imo.

Yeah, I agree. As I said above (sort of), I think some of the aspects of his art (the faces especially) seem out of place when he tries to make characters that look like normal people. I think Maya was probably the most improved by the other artists. Kaneko's drawing makes her look like a soulless husk.

PK Gaming

Good thing it's not hers.

Ulala designed that outfit.

Also, I prefer SMT1 Hero's SFC design. The PS1 design lacks a lot of that intricacy.
Actually...
She has an entire outfit that only cost 1 yen (less than a cent) - there was some television promo that a certain store was selling clothing at 1 yen apiece, so she raced down there and shopped like crazy. (I guess her current outfit cost ten yen, then?)
Ulala supposedly does buy her clothes... on top of shopping for her, cleaning for her and cooking for her...

Well Danganronpa and Corpse Party: Blood Drive is almost here so there's something at least.
Yay senpai noticed me.
But seriously. You're absolutely right about Corpse Party vs Zero Escape, though I still find CP quite enjoyable.
I loved DanganRonpa and I can't wait to play it again on my Vita. I''ve started watching Cryaotic's LP of Corpse Party but the game didn'seem so interesting to me. Except the characters maybe, the rest seemed pretty bland.

Two things I want to say:
1.I don't like the way he draws people; that's the main reason why I haven't played P1/P2
2.Every time I read "sad but true" the Metallica song starts playing in my head.

kaneko's art does not appear ingame in persona 2.
That's good to know!
A couple of months ago I found a Persona 2 IS Limited/Special edition of the PSP version; I didn't buy it at first because I wasn't sure I would have liked it. When I went there to buy it though, it wasn't there. I was and I still am pretty sad about it

Nachos

Wow, already a few pages of posts. Anyway...

Funnily enough, the maid outfit didn't bother me.

The Coronet armor was awful though.

Oh wait, I got them mixed up. I mean, the maid outfit is still fanservice, but at least the characters are covered up. Coronet's just dreadful, though. I guess it didn't help that I haven't played P4G yet, so I wasn't too sure of the names.

I'm happy to know I'm not suffering with essays alone. Why can't finals be as easy as the ones in P3/4?

It's times like these where, being equally good at both English and math in high school, I'm glad I decided to become a math major. It's still hard work, but considering I'm the type to ask for text books for Christmas for subjects I'm not even taking, I don't need to put in that much effort, giving me plenty of free time.

Wait woah I did not know that. That is really good to know. I like that buffs aren't useless in this series like they are in most RPGs.

As good as they are, they're nothing against the status skills in Etrian Odyssey. It's always satisfying to use a bind-head skill to completely disable a boss' magic completely and lower its accuracy in fell swoop, and then throw on a bind-arms skill to cut its power stat cleanly in half, also disabling its physical skills if there are any. To finish things off, throw on a bind-legs skills to prevent the boss from being able to dodge at all, and if you're feeling brave, maybe use a skill to remove the binds in exchange for dealing colossal amounts of damage. Rinse and repeat, popping a skill to reset the boss' ability to grow immunity to status effects the more they're afflicted with 'em if the skills aren't working as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom