• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think Chihiro's boring. She's my favourite non-FeMC school S. Link, and I think she's really cute in both personality and design.

Caladrius

Just beat
Margaret

Only took like 5 fights lol. Not sure if I'm even going to beat final boss now. No trophy for beating it again. On the other hand I spent so much time on 2nd play through I kinda want to finish it just to end it. Decided not to go for platinum. Since I messed up book trophy and max s links trophy it would take another 2 runs I think. I doubt there's enough time to read all books and get all s links on 1 play through. Plus I'm super tired of playing it now. Got over 100 hours on my save.

I still need to go back and fight her. Couldn't do it the first time because I forgot Shield of Justice.

I know that feel.

:<

I think the early idea of 'if there had been it'd be everywhere' rings true. Only a few weeks until actual news!

I hope.

A-previous-burial-was-pushed-out-of-the-way-to-make-way-for-this-womans-skeleton.-There-were-two-football-field-size-cemeteries-found-on-this-site-where-250-skeletons-were-found.-Mike-Hettwer-960x617.jpg

FluxWaveZ

I'm assuming the magazine had no interesting info then?

Nope, which was to be expected since it's probably worth more to them in terms of marketing to go with Dengeki or Famitsu for any meaningful info. There might be a few small tidbits of interesting information not necessarily directly related to the upcoming projects, I would guess, but nothing big at all.

I bet that there won't be anything significant in terms of Persona news until 2014, though it'd be pretty cool if a P4A2 localization announcement would occur this month.

Also, I've been thinking about this so I might as well write it down. Signs that pointed to a P4A2 from P4A before it was announced:

- Most obvious was the story cliffhangers in retrospect. It was just hard to be confident that what those entailed was a sequel to the fighting game.

- Lack of "I'll Face Myself -Battle-" as a fight theme outside of story scenes. Alone, this doesn't mean much because it could have been omitted for other reasons, but combined with the fact that a Shadow Yukiko and Shadow Kanji stage are obviously depicted as concept art in the art book (and maybe a Shadow Teddie stage) plainly indicates, again in retrospect, that Shadow characters had been planned/considered in P4A to either make it into the original game or in a P4A2. Because of how trivial a piece of music would have been to add compared to the stages it's obvious that Shadows were kept as a concept for a P4A2.

- The interview with Wada about how he would want to expand the idea of the fighting game they started with P4A and how he would want "Persona" to be a staple name in the fighting game genre.

I'll be looking out for some stuff in P4A2, heh.

Off topic, but just got back from the third Madoka movie. So good. Anyone that likes the series and is near a theater showing it really needs to go.
I still have to see the other two, but I don't think they're showing it in the theatre.
I really liked the series so I'm really curious to watch them.

I doubt there's enough time to read all books and get all s links on 1 play through. Plus I'm super tired of playing it now. Got over 100 hours on my save.
According to this guide on GameFaqs, it's possible. I really hope it is, as I'm following it for my third playthrough. http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs/65616

I tried Imagine too, but as I didn't understand the mechanics that we'll I simply stopped playing.

Jintor

Are any of you streaming guys using OBS? If I'm streaming from the same computer, is there a way to stop the primary program losing priority when I switch to the control panel to test stuff? Or should I set this up earlier and rely on hotkeys to do camera switchin'?

FireSol

just completed 3rd tun in P4G and found few things that Im not pay attention to before
True Ending in Junes Yosuke sad "things went nuts when you visit us in may". This is direct link to P4A story. Also in final titles they show Marie persona, may be we'll see her in P4A3 or P5?

Sophia

Interesting. I found a transcript of the story interview section from the P4A Design Works. According to Yuichiro Tanaka (P4 scenario writer), the first three generation Anti Shadow Weapons were not even humanoid. More than that, the fourth generation and earlier didn't have personalities.

The first three generations were vehicle types and they only started experimenting with humanoid forms from the forth generation, with the fifth generation being the first to have personalities installed in them.

So yeah, Persona x Detective Naoto is pretty much officially non-canonical now. AND GOOD RIDDANCE!

Are any of you streaming guys using OBS? If I'm streaming from the same computer, is there a way to stop the primary program losing priority when I switch to the control panel to test stuff? Or should I set this up earlier and rely on hotkeys to do camera switchin'?

Make sure you're using the latest version of OBS and you're doing a Window Capture or Game Capture.

To those who've Platinum'd Golden, or have at least maxed out all social links in a single run: do I really need a guide for maxing all s. links if I'm on NG+ and have my traits maxed?

Moonlight

Banned
To those who've Platinum'd Golden, or have at least maxed out all social links in a single run: do I really need a guide for maxing all s. links if I'm on NG+ and have my traits maxed?
No, not really. It's pretty easy to max everything out without trying too hard as long as you're on NG+, especially in P4G. Just don't make dumb mistakes like I did and miss the boat on Adachi's SLink and stuff like that and you're platinum golden.

Sophia

The game auto-loses priority if you switch from it, which I think is the main problem...

It shouldn't, unless you're minimizing it. Some games will do this automatically if it's a true fullscreen mode and you alt-tab. If there's no borderless window mode, expect to have to play in a window for those games if you want to capture.

No, not really. It's pretty easy to max everything out without trying too hard as long as you're on NG+, especially in P4G. Just don't make dumb mistakes like I did and miss the boat on Adachi's SLink and stuff like that and you're platinum golden.

Awesome. Staying glued to a guide was really sapping the fun out of it.

kewlmyc

Interesting. I found a transcript of the story interview section from the P4A Design Works. According to Yuichiro Tanaka (P4 scenario writer), the first three generation Anti Shadow Weapons were not even humanoid. More than that, the fourth generation and earlier didn't have personalities.

So yeah, Persona x Detective Naoto is pretty much officially non-canonical now. AND GOOD RIDDANCE!

Make sure you're using the latest version of OBS and you're doing a Window Capture or Game Capture.

Why? Is Captain Motorbike a first generation unit?

Nachos

Off topic, but just got back from the third Madoka movie. So good. Anyone that likes the series and is near a theater showing it really needs to go.

I just got back from seeing it in DC/Bethesda. I thought it was really, really good, and it was great to see the crazy mixed media aesthetic again, which lended itself well to the more Urobutcher-like story. All in all, after seeing it, I'd be curious to see characters wielding shadows instead of personas, though I'm not even sure what kind of crazy story explanations would have to be used to get it all to work. Still, how'd you score that Homura stuff? Aside from some scalper trying to sell a Madoka nendo, I didn't see any sort of promotional material whatsoever near my showing.

Also, I'm kinda tempted to get the Madoka android app, but it's $12 ;_;.

Why? Is Captain Motorbike a first generation unit?
He is, so now we can safely pretend he doesn't exist.

Everything I've read (which mind you isn't everything) said he was a first generation model. Heck his number is even R-00. >_>

The R-00 did have me wondering. I'll do the deed and read it again.

Im think you're right though, i just dont remember personally.

Not that is straight fact. And I'll still like to read the novel again. The first line in the wiki says that he was the final ASSW built.
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Sousei_Kurogami

Also says that he was designed for "emergencies with the 7th Generation of androids". It does say however that he is the longest active. Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

Just got to keep the faith of the novel alive for a little bit longer.

Jintor

I posted all the art from that magazine, yesterday! Where were you guys!? GAWD!

I kind of realize now, that I just put it out there on Twitter and made zero mention of it in here. *shrugs*

I just happened to be watching my feed when Ryo-san was posting. Sorry, Kazuma-san

Jintor

Just for closure, Jet Set Radio looks real pretty especially for a game that's THAT old but all it systems are real bunk.

A modern day version could be fuckin' baller though for reals

dkoy

So I just finished the main story of Fire Emblem Awakening and I notice that(FE:A spoilers)
the pre-final battle cutscene was basically P3/P4's ending cutscene. And I'm not exaggerating when I say basically the same

Link for Lollipop Dave. Spoilers abound in the video you have been warned!

So I just finished the main story of Fire Emblem Awakening and I notice that(FE:A spoilers)
the pre-final battle cutscene was basically P3/P4's ending cutscene. And I'm not exaggerating when I say basically the same

I've never played FE:A and I don;t think I ever will, so could you link me a video to the part you mean? I'm interested in seeing it.

dkoy

I'd really like to play it but it's still too expensive. It never went down from 40/45€.

I highly recommend it if you have some spare cash, but I totally understand your complaints about the price. I live in Aus and I only just bought the 3DS so I got the game with it.

Setsu00

The R-00 did have me wondering. I'll do the deed and read it again.

Im think you're right though, i just dont remember personally.

Not that is straight fact. And I'll still like to read the novel again. The first line in the wiki says that he was the final ASSW built.
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Sousei_Kurogami

Also says that he was designed for "emergencies with the 7th Generation of androids". It does say however that he is the longest active. Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

Just got to keep the faith of the novel alive for a little bit longer.

The "R-00" is actually used to indicate that Sousei is not part of any official line of androids since he was constructed by a secret branch of Kirijou scientists lead by Tetsuma Tsuge (which is why neither Ikutsuki nor Mitsuru had any information about him, I guess).

Please note that this "emergencies with the 7th generation" line in the wiki article is kinda misleading. The novel actually says that Sousei was meant to be a back-up for Aigis, but was deemed a failure since his Persona has no offensive capabilities.

Sousei was also apparently the last Anti-Shadow weapon to be constructed.

Edit: Interestingly, the P3 manga recently acknowledged the existence of both Labrys and Sousei. I just wanted to add that since it might indicate that the Persona Team still considers PxD to be a part of the game canon.

I highly recommend it if you have some spare cash, but I totally understand your complaints about the price. I live in Aus and I only just bought the 3DS so I got the game with it.
Yeah, I fell in love with it as soon as I tried the demo, even though I didn't know anything about it before.
Nintendo's games' prices never go down. I still see the previous Professor Layton games at 30/40€, which is absurd considering when they came out.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Just imagine the Persona games with micro transactions
" Max out Naoto's social link for just $5.99! "
" Remember Izanagi!? Buy him from the compendium for only $12.95!!&#65279;

I'm joking :p

The "R-00" is actually used to indicate that Sousei is not part of any official line of androids since he was constructed by a secret branch of Kirijou scientists lead by Tetsuma Tsuge (which is why neither Ikutsuki nor Mitsuru had any information about him, I guess).

Please note that this "emergencies with the 7th generation" line in the wiki article is kinda misleading. The novel actually says that Sousei was meant to be a back-up for Aigis, but was deemed a failure since his Persona has no offensive capabilities.

Sousei was also apparently the last Anti-Shadow weapon to be constructed.

Edit: Interestingly, the P3 manga recently acknowledged the existence of both Labrys and Sousei. I just wanted to add that since it might indicate that the Persona Team still considers PxD to be a part of the game canon.

Yeah, I want to read the novel again. That's why I said don't take it as fact. That's interesting about the P3 manga I wasn't aware of that. Will look into it thanks.

cj_iwakura

What do the resident art critics think of Drakengard 3?

Serious potential to be my GOTY for 2014. (Previous years included such illustrious big name titles as SMTIV, Catherine, and Growlanser IV.)

Setsu00

What do the resident art critics think of Drakengard 3?

Serious potential to be my GOTY for 2014. (Previous years included such illustrious big name titles as SMTIV, Catherine, and Growlanser IV.)

I'm seriously crying at the fact that games with Kimihiko Fujisaka's art never have the budget of a mainline Final Fantasy game... I mean, look at these designs! At least Drakengard 3 seems to put a lot of work into the character models.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to DOD3. Can't wait for all the madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom