• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

What do the resident art critics think of Drakengard 3?

Serious potential to be my GOTY for 2014. (Previous years included such illustrious big name titles as SMTIV, Catherine, and Growlanser IV.)

Some of the art is excellent. Two and Three have really great designs. Zero, one and five look varying degrees of bad.

The men look fine, but not overly interesting. I guess the old guy looks kind of neat.

I want to play it, but digital only is going to make it hard. I don't want to pay full price for it, because the actual gameplay looks preeeeetty shit.

cj_iwakura

Pity it doesn't look like that in game.

I think it looks pretty dang good, especially for a low-budget game from the Deadly Premonition guys.

l_51c9d34c061b42xe5f.jpg

Dantis: It's getting a physical edition, limited-wise. Who knows how rare it'll get.

Dantis

I think it looks pretty dang good, especially for a low-budget game from the Deadly Premonition guys.

l_51c9d34c061b42xe5f.jpg

Dantis: It's getting a physical edition, limited-wise. Who knows how rare it'll get.

Digital only in the UK.

The graphics are really, really bad, but it gets by on some good art.

Shame that the main character looks so comparatively terrible. I'm also not sure why everyone thinks it's going to be so risque. From what I've read about the first two games there was barely anything there like that, and there was none of it in Nier.

Digital only in the UK.

The graphics are really, really bad, but it gets by on some good art.

Shame that the main character looks so comparatively terrible. I'm also not sure why everyone thinks it's going to be so risque. From what I've read about the first two games there was barely anything there like that, and there was none of it in Nier.

Aren't all the apostles that follow her around used for sex or was that just something someone made up.

The guys in Iwakura's post in the last page for example.

Dantis

Aren't all the apostles that follow her around used for sex or was that just something someone made up.

I mean, maybe? But that's obviously not going to be reflected in-game.

It feels to like they're trying to ignite the imaginations of a certain kind of player to try and get them to buy the game. Like I say, I read about the first two games, and I finished Nier, and there was none of that whatsoever.

Yeah the apostles are basically her slaves and she does have sex with them.

Who knows if that will show up much in the game, there was some weird stuff in 1 and 2.

It feels to like they're trying to ignite the imaginations of a certain kind of player to try and get them to buy the game. Like I say, I read about the first two games, and I finished Nier, and there was none of that whatsoever.

I might be wrong, but I think some stuff got changed for the translation.

The Japanese version of the game featured several very adult oriented themes, and many characters had more than questionable sexual orientations and/or perversion. Leonard is actually a pedophile, and Furiae feels sexual desire for her brother. Arioch, who has lost her womb from her pact and gone mad, enjoys killing and eating children. While all of this isn't reflected in the actual game play, it is inside cut scenes and conversations between characters. Most of these were removed in the American version of the game, making certain cut scenes very difficult to understand. For example, when partly possessed by "The Watchers", Furiae chooses to kill herself, rather than reveal her feelings for her brother, but the censorship makes the reasons for her actions very unclear.

Bladenic

I am slightly disappointed P5 will be set, once again, in high school. Don't get me wrong, it's one of my most anticipated game, perhaps my current most anticipated. Certainly for RPGs since we already have a release window (and hopefully localization will be quick like SMT4).

But I was just hoping they would grow the characters up a bit. Why not college? Why not adults with jobs/careers? Social Links could have easily been implemented in those settings. But again, it's a minor nitpick. I've no doubt the game will be amazing.

todd360

I am slightly disappointed P5 will be set, once again, in high school. Don't get me wrong, it's one of my most anticipated game, perhaps my current most anticipated. Certainly for RPGs since we already have a release window (and hopefully localization will be quick like SMT4).

But I was just hoping they would grow the characters up a bit. Why not college? Why not adults with jobs/careers? Social Links could have easily been implemented in those settings. But again, it's a minor nitpick. I've no doubt the game will be amazing.

You should dig through the older pages and find my 1st grader persona game idea. It will change your opinion right quick.

Caladrius

They do so mainly because High School is the universal Japanese experience that most people can relate to, and for a lot of people it's the time where it feels like there's the most potential. (Japan isn't that good with job mobility and promotion, to provide a bit of context.)

Persona is also in large part about characters coming to terms with their identity. That isn't to say that such a thing doesn't happen later, but adolescence is when most people are usually first confronted with it and feel the bulk of their struggle with it.

Well, that and the modern games are mostly marketed to teenagers.

tnx to all Gods that P5 is on PS3 and we can import US version day 1
Exactly, and P4D too.
Obviously if I won't have to wait a thousand years I'll gladly wait a month or two for the actual European release. If it's more than that I'll definitely import it. It could even be my first limited edition, if there will be one

Dantis

cj_iwakura

In-game graphics are mega garbage. Definitely one of the reasons I don't want to pay full price, as shallow as that may seem.

Also, Two's design is so much better than Five's. Five reminds me too much of the blonde character from RWBY.

Here I go again with low standards, but I think the game looks fine.

Also, Nier had some very disturbing backstory about the younger brother version. It was only touched on in-game. It's a Cavia thing, I guess.

Not to mention Kaine's backstories. (Which is in game)

Caladrius

It still confuses me as to why they implemented the region locking for the 3DS. X and Y were the first pokemon games since I started importing that I couldn't get in English and Japanese. I could've abused the Masuda Method if they hadn't!

That aside,

AVATARS FOR EVVVVERYBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AlsosomeofthesearerepeatsbecauseIwasn'tsurewhatwouldlookbetter

21eg.png
ftct.png
gfwe.png
icb6.png
p5l4.png
wghd.png
j2ke.png
vch8.png
rw64.png
vjwj.png
5w1z.png
69d9.png
4sec.png
k0qr.png
i323.png

FireSol

It still confuses me as to why they implemented the region locking for the 3DS. X and Y were the first pokemon games since I started importing that I couldn't get in English and Japanese. I could've abused the Masuda Method if they hadn't!

That aside,

AVATARS FOR EVVVVERYBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AlsosomeofthesearerepeatsbecauseIwasn'tsurewhatwouldlookbetter

21eg.png
i take this one!! BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG thanks!!

Squire

Banned
I just realized they could confirm P4A2 for the states as a VGX reveal.

I don't necessarily think they will, I'm just putting the thought out there in the event that they do.

FluxWaveZ

I don't necessarily think they will, I'm just putting the thought out there in the event that they do.
phoenix-headshake.gif

0%

Though, I guess it's worth pointing out to support your point that P4A was the 2012 VGA's fighting game of the year.

Squire

Banned
phoenix-headshake.gif

0%

Though, I guess it's worth pointing out to support your point that P4A was the 2012 VGA's fighting game of the year.

Yep. They got the console reveal for Daylight. They tried to get P5; I can envision a scenario where they confirmed P4A2 and then followed up with a P5 trailer as the real surprise

I'd say it's more like 5%!

EMT0

Banned

I'm actually sort of surprised Atlus/Sega haven't made any big moves to push Persona 5 more in people's faces in the West. I don't anticipate anything from them at VGX at all, but you'd think there'd be some word of anything by now.

I mean, it's one of those games the internet has been listing as those 'mythical games that exist but don't', alongside HL3, Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian, and so on. Yeah Persona is smaller on the totem pole than probably all of these games, but Internet hype is usually an excellent interest builder. I mean, look at the PS4. You could argue that the hype for it is a bit overblown as to what it actually is at launch(and I own a PS4). And Sega did namedrop wanting to grow the Persona brand. Now, what they've announced so far that's actually showable(PersonaQ, Persona Dancing All Night) is mostly unmarketable to the West at large. Arena 2 probably has the best shot, and it's an anime fighter. It's also a game that relies on crossover fanservice to draw its crowds; I know I wouldn't have touched Persona 4 Arena if it wasn't....well, Persona 4 Arena. So it's not exactly hypeable to the general masses. Persona mainline games can be, because their presentation is VERY unique. But, again, nothing ready to show that we know of. If I were Atlus, I'd show P4A2 and end it with the Persona 5 teaser translated into English. If nothing else, it'll draw attention for it's imagery. And publicity, even strange publicity, is better than no publicity.

The safest and sanest bet is that Sega was referring to Persona strictly in Japan, which is a shame :(

Soriku

I'm actually sort of surprised Atlus/Sega haven't made any big moves to push Persona 5 more in people's faces in the West. I don't anticipate anything from them at VGX at all, but you'd think there'd be some word of anything by now.

They're not even pushing P5 in people's faces in Japan yet lolz. What else do we have on the game except a short teaser and a few short interviews?

FluxWaveZ

If I were Atlus, I'd show P4A2 and end it with the Persona 5 teaser translated into English. If nothing else, it'll draw attention for it's imagery. And publicity, even strange publicity, is better than no publicity.

Well, we do know the VGX folk made an effort to try to get it (because they'd probably want anything relatively big):

2576010-1947456823-Perso.jpg

So I guess, yeah, it depends on Atlus, Atlus USA's and Sega's plans. I don't know if Sega has much to do with this particular case seeing as how they've indicated that they've given Atlus a fair amount of freedom to do what they want for now, so maybe they're just not ready to announce a localization for the game yet.

It's only been two weeks since the previous teaser trailer came out and that one was already in English, so maybe they just don't have anything they want to show more of yet and going to the VGX to just show the same teaser would be pointless.

kewlmyc

I honestly doubt we'll see anything new until next year. 4 games announced in one hour, I think Atlus is content with themselves for the rest of the year, especially since Persona Magazine had no new info.

On the topic of the spinoffs, I forgot to echo the sentiment expressed here weeks ago that it's nice to see them on dedicated gaming systems instead of mobile devices. That and Kazuyuki Yamai's anti-mobile statement gives me hope Atlus ideally won't be going full Square Enix anytime soon.

On the topic of the spinoffs, I forgot to echo the sentiment expressed here weeks ago that it's nice to see them on dedicated gaming systems instead of mobile devices. That and Kazuyuki Yamai's anti-mobile statement gives me hope Atlus ideally won't be going full Square Enix anytime soon.

What anti-mobile statement ?

What anti-mobile statement ?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/0...e-to-show-that-social-games-arent-everything/

(he mentions 'social' games but that's usually synonymous with a lot of mobile games, especially Japanese mobile games)

although it wouldn't be the first time misinterpretations have been made off of unofficial translations seeing as nobody is sure if Hashino is referring to mobile devices or dedicated handhelds when he mentioned the original plan was to put P5 'on mobile'.

Caladrius

Crying girls and skimpy out-of-character outfits, two bad things that go worse together.

Seriously though, cut it out.

One is bad, two is worse. I would prefer we not get the thread locked.

EMT0

Banned
Crying girls and skimpy out-of-character outfits, two bad things that go worse together.

Seriously though, cut it out.

One is bad, two is worse. I would prefer we not get the thread locked.

The voice of moe is the voice of reason
what is happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom