• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to watch a movie instead of the VGXs. What did I miss?

Just this

0318_hwu31.gif

and Cranky Kong.

Squire

Banned
I decided to watch a movie instead of the VGXs. What did I miss?

-bad jokes in general
-head-turning trans jokes
-contempt for gamers
-Nintendo sucks
-Reggie sucks so much harder
-lukewarm reveals
-straight up lame reveals
-Tomb Raider looks awesome
-Destiny looks awesome
-TitanFall looks awesome
-Abbie Heppe is actually awesome
-joelbanderas.gif
-Where the flying fuck is Mass Effect?
-awards... Wait, this is an awards show? Huh?
-omg rap so ghetto

I think I covered everything.

-bad jokes in general
-contempt for gamers
-Nintendo sucks
-lukewarm reveals
-Destiny looks awesome
-TitanFall looks awesome
-joelbanderas.gif
-omg rap so ghetto

Yeah, that sounds about right. And where the hell was Mass Effect?!

kewlmyc

-bad jokes in general
-contempt for gamers
-Nintendo sucks
-lukewarm reveals
-Destiny looks awesome
-TitanFall looks awesome
-joelbanderas.gif
-omg rap so ghetto

Sounds like a shitshow. Should have figured when I went to gaming side and didn't see any big threads talking about new games.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, that sounds about right. And where the hell was Mass Effect?!

I used to write for the site that said that was supposed to premier there, so I'm pretty disappointed.

You forgot about the amazing four man indie space game

Oh right, that does look cool. And four guys. Man. Hero work, truly.

You sound cranky.

Tropical Freeze is lame, Cranky Kong is lamer (oh wait, I see what you did there) and man, Reggie is just so so phony. Holy shit. He had the nerve to bring out his cat claws tonight. Reggie pls.

I used to write for the site that said that was supposed to premier there, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Oh right, that does look cool. And four guys. Man. Hero work, truly.

Tropical Freeze is lame, Cranky Kong is lamer (oh wait, I see what you did there) and man, Reggie is just so so phony. Holy shit. He had the nerve to bring out his cat claws tonight. Reggie pls.

I loved Donkey Kong Country returns, its a game I have been waiting many years for ;_;

Caladrius

I loved Donkey Kong Country returns, its a game I have been waiting many years for ;_;

Shh.. let him think about he's right about games he never played.

That said being the only game they had to show was frustrating. You think they would have had something on Smash for it.

BizzyBum

To be fair, Nintendo did stink it up. Reggie made an appearance and everyone was hype for some big reveal and the reveal ended up being Cranky Kong as a playable character in Tropical Freeze. Only Kojima might be worse.

Just awful.

-bad jokes in general
-contempt for gamers
-Nintendo sucks
-lukewarm reveals
-Destiny looks awesome
-TitanFall looks awesome
-joelbanderas.gif
-omg rap so ghetto

PewDiePie was there also

Lunar15

It's just really embarrassing behavior, that's all.

I've been excited for DKC:TF, but the disappointment at VGX is real. But really, it's not like any other major publishers showed off anything new, aside from telltale. The biggest actual "reveals" were telltale's games and No Man's Sky (which looks bonkers good).

Caladrius

That fucking fuck-faced motherfucker Cranky Fucking Kong has made me extremely fuckin' cranky. I can't take any fuckload of fucking humor because I'm a fucking literal fucker who doesn't read the fucking subtext.

Squire

Banned

DK isn't what Wii U needs since it isn't a game that's going to concievably move enough systems to matter.

It'll probably actually be a great game because Retro (what's left of them that didn't leave to work on Halo) are a great team, but as I joked on Twitter, watching that whole thing with Cranky was like attending Wii U's funeral and wake. They had a chance to make a big splash before Christmas and they whiffed out. If you like Nintendo in any capacity, it was a sad thing to watch. It seems like they probably don't care and like Reggie definitely doesn't care.

Caladrius

DK isn't what Wii U needs since it isn't a game that's going to concievably move enough systems to matter.

It'll probably actually be a great game because Retro (what's left of them that didn't leave to work on Halo) are a great team, but as I joked on Twitter, watching that whole thing with Cranky was like attending Wii U's funeral and wake. They had a chance to make a big splash before Christmas and they whiffed out. If you like Nintendo in any capacity, it was a sad thing to watch. It seems like they probably don't care and like Reggie definitely doesn't care.

A fair point. I was honestly shocked that they didn't pull anything big out. (I think it's more about them being painfully underprepared and trying to play it off as opposed to not caring though.The whole period from 2011 to now has been a mess development-wise.)

What's left of them that didn't leave to work on Halo

Bungie or 343?

Squire

Banned
A fair point. I was honestly shocked that they didn't pull anything big out. (I think it's more about them being painfully underprepared and trying to play it off as opposed to not caring though.The whole period from 2011 to now has been a mess development-wise.)

Bungie or 343?

343. A lot of the key guys that worked on Metroid Prime moved over there.

But yeah, huge missed opportunity. They could've stolen the show, easily, ten minutes in. It's sad.

And you guys really can't take my flippant comments about them at face value. I don't hate them, but when they screw as badly as they have on nearly every level with the Wii U, I have some harsh criticisms for them, indeed.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Nintendo's hubris is biting them in the ass.

Reggie needs to get off his high-horse, especially when the PS4 and XBO are outselling the Wii U when they've been on the market for less than a month.

BizzyBum

I don't know why you expected those; Developers had already said they weren't gonna be there.

Oh.

But it still demonstrates why these shows are always such fail. The show was absolute shit but if they showed a quick glimpse of those two games it would have been worthwhile.

At least we got some Witcher 3 and Quantum Break.

Lunar15

But yeah, huge missed opportunity. They could've stolen the show, easily, ten minutes in. It's sad.

And you guys really can't take my flippant comments about them at face value. I don't hate them, but when they screw as badly as they have on nearly every level with the Wii U, I have some harsh criticisms for them, indeed.

Believe me, nobody can rag on Nintendo's faults like I can. Just sometimes your posts are a little silly. But I get that you're just messing around.

Ultimately, I think the VGX is a bad showcase for new stuff anyway. People who expected the world out of Nintendo there really need to check themselves. The sad thing here is that DKCR sold more than any of the primes did and it honestly has a better chance of moving systems than Metroid ever will, which breaks my heart to the core. That being said, even as someone who really loves NIntendo games, Reggie is terrible.

The Wii U may be dead, but it's going to be a long time before I'm ever interested in a PS4, even though I love sony products. I think games are going to be real slow to come out this gen, we're already seeing it with Destiny. I think Persona 5 on PS3 is telling of the state of japanese game development right now. It's going to be an awful gen for jp developers.

Nachos

I totally see where you're coming from. I'm not sure how much love you have for them in their prime, but it's just so frustrating to see them make such lackluster efforts for being a company that's been present in gaming history for so long, on top of being capable of so much more potential. At least for me, it's kind of like Konami in that the disappointment stems from being a fan, because had it been any other company I wasn't nearly as fond of, they wouldn't garner a reaction at all. As much as I love Nintendo for when they get things right, they've still got a whole host of problems.

Lunar15

There's a reason a lot people go for Yukiko the first time around! I still like her, but ultimately I think I like Rise as a character more. I don't get the "she's boring" comments though.

Marche90

That said being the only game they had to show was frustrating. You think they would have had something on Smash for it.

A lot of us were expecting it since the leak, but it still left a sour taste in our mouths. Maybe it would have been a little bit different (not a whole lot, but there you go) if the freaking cover wasn't leaked a few days ago. I still wanted to see something else, though, since I have never played a single DKC game before. Nintendo, where's X? SMTxFE? Lying alongside the corpses of my hopes and dreams? :(

Too much fire?

This post.

so_good.gif

The best

Squire

Banned
Believe me, nobody can rag on Nintendo's faults like I can. Just sometimes your posts are a little silly. But I get that you're just messing around.

Ultimately, I think the VGX is a bad showcase for new stuff anyway. People who expected the world out of Nintendo there really need to check themselves. That being said, even as someone who really loves NIntendo games, Reggie is terrible.

The Wii U may be dead, but it's going to be a long time before I'm ever interested in a PS4, even though I love sony products. I think games are going to be real slow to come out this gen, we're already seeing it with Destiny. I think Persona 5 on PS3 is telling of the state of japanese game development right now. It's going to be an awful gen for jp developers.

I'm hopeful.

But yeah, they're silly because that's usually the intent. I love Nintendo though. The SNES and the GameCube are my childhood. I waited all summer on Super Mario Sunshine (which I still consider a borderline masterpiece), played Melee that entire generation, got into Soul Calibur II because Link was in it; On the inside I just laugh at the "must hate Nintendo" comments. People have no clue.

I think what gets on my nerves is it seems like if you're unwilling to let Nintendo get away with murder (speaking figuratively, of course) you "hate" them. So dumb.

Yukiko is adorable. This is known.

Moonlight

Banned
Much unlike Rise or Yukari, any amount of Yukiko is too much Yukiko.

In all seriousness, Yukiko is great, even if she isn't much of a personal favourite to me. I always kind of liked how Yukiko's decision and social link was built directly off the back of the self-realization and acceptance of her Shadow, when for many of the other main characters it tended to more or less float around in the background. Plus, she's probably got the most striking design (both visually and in colour) of the entire main cast. Plus, she's probably one of the funniest characters in the game, or at least stars in some of its' funniest moments. Those short episodes where Yukiko starts childishly sulking about ramen (and it's always ramen!) were some of the biggest laughs I got out of P4. Something really perfect about the circumstances and delivery that never ceases to kill me.

tl;dr Salty Yukiko >>> regular Yukiko

Caladrius

Oh god what.

A lot of us were expecting it since the leak, but it still left a sour taste in our mouths. Maybe it would have been a little bit different (not a whole lot, but there you go) if the freaking cover wasn't leaked a few days ago. I still wanted to see something else, though, since I have never played a single DKC game before. Nintendo, where's X? SMTxFE? Lying alongside the corpses of my hopes and dreams? :(

I am hoping there is a December Direct very soon. Would wash most of the salt away for me.

-

Also I've probably said it before but Yukiko is my favorite of the girls.

kewlmyc

Yukiko is cool, she was the first social link I completed. It's just, personality wise, she doesn't stand out much to the other girls. I still like her more than Risette though.

Sophia

I don't like Yukiko because every time there's a funny scene I end up laughing and then she ends up laughing and then my laughing fit is even worse. And then people start wondering why I'm laughing so hard. :(

Lunar15

I think what gets on my nerves is it seems like if you're unwilling to let Nintendo get away with murder (speaking figuratively, of course) you "hate" them. So dumb..

Nah, I only reserve the term "hate" for people who are acting irrationally. Goes for all types of fanboys, really. I agree that fans that can't see faults in something they love are frustrating though.

Interestingly, I did some research and found that only one senior designer from Retro went to 343. Boy, they sure could have used more of them.

Squire

Banned
Oh god what.

Also I've probably said it before but Yukiko is my favorite of the girls.

Seen Halo 4? It's totally gorgeous.

Yukiko is my favorite, too.

I don't like Yukiko because every time there's a funny scene I end up laughing and then she ends up laughing and then my laughing fit is even worse. And then people start wondering why I'm laughing so hard. :(

I have this same problem.

Nah, I only reserve the term "hate" for people who are acting irrationally. Goes for all types of fanboys, really.

Totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom