• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Seriously tho. Yukiko is pretty much a fictionalized version of myself, except I don't have black hair, I don't own a Japanese Inn (my family owned a local business tho!), and my cooking doesn't suck. >_>;

So you're saying Yukiko is a robot?

Is this canon?

Caladrius

Seen Halo 4? It's totally gorgeous.

Interestingly, I did some research and found that only one senior designer from Retro went to 343. Boy, they sure could have used more of them.

I was about to have an aneurism for a second there. Graphics look nice (not fond of the art direction though.) If they had been primarily responsible for it that'd be a few more shattered pedestals than I can take for one night.

So you're saying Yukiko is a robot?

Is this canon?

The canon is what we perceive it to be, maaaaaan.

kewlmyc

This will be the big twist in P4A2.

She can't cook because she has no taste buds, because she's a robot. She can't make any decisions for herself because she was programmed that way. Her laughing fits are an error in her code. She's oblivious to guys liking her because she cannot comprehend the human emotion called love.

This is now my head-canon and you can't stop me.

Squire

Banned
Nah, I only reserve the term "hate" for people who are acting irrationally. Goes for all types of fanboys, really. I agree that fans that can't see faults in something they love are frustrating though.

Interestingly, I did some research and found that only one senior designer from Retro went to 343. Boy, they sure could have used more of them.

I missed your edit, but yeah, I agree.

I thought it was more than that, but I guess not.

Lunar15

I missed your edit, but yeah, I agree.

I thought it was more than that, but I guess not.

Art design was really similar with the enemy weapons and such. When it was first revealed, I have to admit that I was salivating for a next gen metroid.

Where's that Rise megapost? We need dat best girl stuff.

Squire

Banned
Art design was really similar with the enemy weapons and such. When it was first revealed, I have to admit that I was salivating for a next gen metroid.

Where's that Rise megapost? We need dat best girl stuff.

Yeah, I think that was a pretty common sentiment. I remember E32012 had people straight up saying "That's the Prime HUD!"

And yeah, hurry it up PK! :p

Levito

Banned
Hey so that crossover episode we did with the CoS folks? It was one of the best ones yet...

(Click image for episode link)

Though really, if you want to hear some really knowledgeable SMT fans discuss the timeline and everything, be sure to listen to this one.

TrueSelf made the amazing title card, and Armada made the hilarious intro for this episode. Both of them are grade A waifu material.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
z9dnoVj.jpg

Too much Yukiko, needs more Chie.

She can't cook because she has no taste buds, because she's a robot. She can't make any decisions for herself because she was programmed that way. Her laughing fits are an error in her code. She's oblivious to guys liking her because she cannot comprehend the human emotion called love.

This is now my head-canon and you can't stop me.

I like this.

Gazoinks

Hey so that crossover episode we did with the CoS folks? It was one of the best ones yet...

(Click image for episode link)

Though really, if you want to hear some really knowledgeable SMT fans discuss the timeline and everything, be sure to listen to this one.

TrueSelf made the amazing title card, and Armada made the hilarious intro for this episode. Both of them are grade A waifu material.

That intro is so good. But how do I know Katsu's smile is megidoloan cute if I can't see it?

Kazzy

Yukiko is fairly interesting as a deconstruction of the typical Japanese oujo, but even then, I don't feel empathy for that character in any way. It doesn't help that a lot of dialogue informs the fact that, we, as the audience, should like her, but it all seems a little too contrived for me. I resented her less on subsequent playthroughs, but I had a strong reaction against her.

Though, I don't agree with people who say she conforms to the submissive stereotype, simply because of her decision to stay with her family.

Acid08

Banned
Maaaaaaaan the music in
Adachi's
dungeon is so good.

As far as Yukiko goes, I think she's alright. She doesn't really hit any particular high notes for me, besides being occasionally funny. Overall and just seems kinda....typical. Chie is my #1 in P4 though I've really warmed up to Rise while playing through P4G.

Also it is straight up criminal how much XP the Golden Hands give you on this game. 10+ levels off of them alone.

Soma

I really need to play Golden because it seems like its done wonders for Yukiko's character whom I always found pretty bland.

Except for her character design which is top tier.

I really need to play Golden because it seems like its done wonders for Yukiko's character whom I always found pretty bland.

Except for her character design which is top tier.

It did, thats also how I feel about Naoto in P4G and P4A. Sadly P4A butchered Yukiko's character.

Gazoinks

I honestly have a pretty hard time ranking the P4 cast. Kanji is best, but after that I like everyone pretty equally, especially the girls for some reason.

Moonlight

Banned
Yukiko is the girl next door.

I dunno. I like that.
Always thought Yukiko was supposed to be the untouchable, aloof ice queen (ojou-sama, as Kazuma says) more than 'girl next door'. At least, it's what her classmates and people who don't necessarily know her in the story, appear to take away from her (hence Snow Black and 'the Amagi Challenge').

EDIT: I guess I'm beaten, haha.

Squire

Banned
Always thought Yukiko was supposed to be the untouchable, aloof ice queen (ojou-sama, as Kazuma says) more than 'girl next door'. At least, it's what her classmates and people who don't necessarily know her in the story, appear to take away from her (hence Snow Black and 'the Amagi Challenge').

EDIT: I guess I'm beaten, haha.

Yeah, you guys are right.

I think the problem is I always remember her for who she is when she's with the investigation team. Which is not what she's judged for. Which is part of what makes P4's cast so great.

Kazzy

Yeah, you guys are right.

I think the problem is I always remember her for who she is when she's with the investigation team. Which is not what she's judged for. Which is part of what makes P4's cast so great.

Well, perception is ostensibly what their shadows are, seeing as they are a manifestation of those latent fears/emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom