• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

You could always counterattack with some moe. Just sayin

The last time anyone did that we got Dragsuke and Idol Naoto. If I started launching the uguu~ cannons I have no doubt someone would find something worse to throw back in my face.

I operate under the assumption of Mutually Assured Desustruction.

EMT0

Banned
The last time anyone did that we got Dragsuke and Idol Naoto. If I started launching the uguu~ cannons I have no doubt someone would find something worse to throw back in my face.

Okay, that's a very good point. Let's not open that dark door again.

todd360

So uhhh I just listened to slink fm episode 21. I had no idea that sakis brother is a social link. I beat the game twice and didn't even know I was completely missing a social link. I'm a terrible persona fan.

kewlmyc

I went back and watched some bits of it earlier, and I've decided that I love it.

McHale (Deliberately or not, I'd like to think deliberately) just pointed out what a farce the whole thing is. And all the people screaming "BUT THIS IS REPRESENTING THE INDUSTRY AT LARGE" are just a part of the joke.

I'm laughing, but not in a bad way. Now I want to go and find the whole thing to watch. It seems so awkwardly funny .

The hell was that music? The rockstars comment was funny.

edited now.
Reused assets are incredible.

The PS2 era SMTs were pretty bad about this. I think in that P4 post-mortem Hashino brags about filling the PS2 disc to the brim, but there's a fair amount of leftover P3 content in there.

Really curious if a non-demon asset from NINE made it all the way into Raidou 2.

In the vein of unused songs though, here's an early version of the Tartarus lobby music. Everybody seems to know the embarassing first rendition of Master of Tartarus and the unused victory theme, but I don't see this one mentioned much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwZx8QafcdU

pan-hime

The PS2 era SMTs were pretty bad about this. I think in that P4 post-mortem Hashino brags about filling the PS2 disc to the brim, but there's a fair amount of leftover P3 content in there.

Really curious if a non-demon asset from NINE made it all the way into Raidou 2.

Reminds of this found in P4's disc (also in FES' too, not sure about vanilla P3).

it's haunting and amazing. It's actually used in Persona 3's promo video.

little bonus:
gasoline-worker-social-link.png

This social link is loaded on RAM at all times during gameplay, but it isn’t used anywhere…

I really need to spend a few days over break just digging through SMT games and seeing what content they've left on the disc. All I think we've seen out of DDS are the unused Nocturne battle lyrics, and speaking of Nocturne, its laughably easy-to-access debug mode has a few deleted scenes in it other than the well-known Lisa and Lilith scenes.

Soriku

Hisano being you know who would be counter to the legend.
She'd have to be dead but her husband would be alive.

RSLAEV

Welp I just beat Persona 2 IS PSP version. It took me about 59 hours. I'm trying to think back and recall the plot in its entirety but it makes my head hurt

cj_iwakura

Dude, how many chances are you going to get to
punch Philemon in the face? Of course I hit him, I couldn't help myself.

I don't disagree, but I still thanked him. He gives you a chance to make it right. That's more than the Crawling Chaos would do.

FluxWaveZ

Screw it, I don't care how many people dislike Ken, but he needs to at least be referred to in P4A2 for the sole reason that he was a member of team awesome that was SEES. He's literally the only SEES member who's not explicitly or implicitly called out in P4A.

FluxWaveZ

Wonder why they translated all the bugs to English.

Might be the same reason why there are a bunch of unused P4A English VA such as references to the P4's cast evolved Personas or Reverse Personas: work or text that was done but just not implemented in the final game. Might be a different situation here unless it was actually done concurrently with the development of the Japanese version of the game, though.

Sora_N

Just started P4G. The intro was fabulous. Anything else I need to know?

First Persona because I missed P3P sale, decided to just play P4 first.

Gazoinks

Don't be afraid of fusing, don't follow a guide on your first time through, and you should be good to go!

PK Gaming

Welp I just beat Persona 2 IS PSP version. It took me about 59 hours. I'm trying to think back and recall the plot in its entirety but it makes my head hurt
Congrats

Have you gotten EP yet? IS is only half of the Persona 2 story; you really need to play through EP to reach the end of the story. If you don't have the time or effort to play through EP, I suggest you read this awesome LP.

It pretty much documents the game in its entirety, and the author comments are pretty humorous.

Sophia

Don't be afraid of fusing

Basically this. Almost anytime a new player fails to progress in a dungeon is because they fear making a mistake in fusion. Fusion is your friend, and when your ability just aren't cutting it damage wise, or you can't make progress on a boss, you want to fuse.

RSLAEV

Congrats

Have you gotten EP yet? IS is only half of the Persona 2 story; you really need to play through EP to reach the end of the story. If you don't have the time or effort to play through EP, I suggest you read this awesome LP.

It pretty much documents the game in its entirety, and the author comments are pretty humorous.

Thanks, I have EP but I'm going to find something else to play before diving in to it. I'll bookmark that LP and read it after I beat it.

Sora_N

Don't be afraid of fusing, don't follow a guide on your first time through, and you should be good to go!

Basically this. Almost anytime a new player fails to progress in a dungeon is because they fear making a mistake in fusion. Fusion is your friend, and when your ability just aren't cutting it damage wise, or you can't make progress on a boss, you want to fuse.

Thanks! That's a nice tip I'll keep in mind. :)

fertygo

Congrats

Its don't have the glorious music though.

cj_iwakura

Thanks, I have EP but I'm going to find something else to play before diving in to it. I'll bookmark that LP and read it after I beat it.

Good for you. I always envy people who get to play IS and EP in order. I wish I'd gotten the chance.

I caught that edit, ferty. :( It's okay to agree.

PK Gaming

I could play through EP again (been meaning to play through Nanjo's route) and come up with a list of songs that play "when." Shouldn't be too hard, heh.
I wonder if its even possible for the p5 protag to out swag narukami. I really don't think its possible.
Literally impossible. If he or she manages to do her own thing, i'll be happy but...

Nobody can hold a candle to Narukami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom