• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more difficult to remove it then it is to leave it, and translating it is the better option should it appear by accident.

If only they were still as lazy as they were for the Japanese version of vanilla Nocturne and had the game run screaming for the debug mode anytime anything bad ever happened. I like to think this is the greatest consequence of Cozy leaving.

Sophia

If only they were still as lazy as they were for the Japanese version of vanilla Nocturne and had the game run screaming for the debug mode anytime anything bad ever happened. I like to think this is the greatest consequence of Cozy leaving.

Wow, I didn't realize it was as easy as removing the disc to get into debug mode. o_O

More and more I'm starting to understand why vanilla Nocturne failed.

P5 needs to be so dark, that there needs to be a dark mascot character that says nothing but dark puns, and I don't mean dark in tone, I mean literally the word "dark".

I don't know about you people, but the wait for literally ANYTHING is driving me insane.

Just show us a picture of the protagonist and his/her Persona. PLEASE.

FluxWaveZ

I don't know about you people, but the wait for literally ANYTHING is driving me insane.

Waiting for literally 5 years was a road to insanity. This is nothing, especially since there are a bunch of other Persona games releasing before the big one.

Wow, I didn't realize it was as easy as removing the disc to get into debug mode. o_O

More and more I'm starting to understand why vanilla Nocturne failed.

Hard to imagine SMT IV outsold its LTD in a month. Although I guess it's also hard to imagine Nocturne without the Kalpas, TDE, etc. At least Atlus will be transitioning into HD development with a theoretically more successful title.

Reminds of this found in P4's disc (also in FES' too, not sure about vanilla P3).

it's haunting and amazing. It's actually used in Persona 3's promo video.

Nice! You can tell how late they ran stuff if files like this still existed even as the game finalized away from it.

Welp I just beat Persona 2 IS PSP version. It took me about 59 hours. I'm trying to think back and recall the plot in its entirety but it makes my head hurt

It's great isn't it? Done ES yet? :D

They made NINE SMT games?

Damn, I thought there were only 4!

They talked about it on Slink FM, the NINE stands for nine factions in the game. There is the Law, Netural, Chaos factions, and then further divided into Light, Netural, and Dark factions within Law, Netural, Chaos.

It was to be a MMO for the Original Xbox, hence the nine factions. But because of the poor sales of the Xbox in Japan, they didn't even open the online component. And was pretty much a single player MMO.

cjkeats

I played a bit of nine. Demons come out of those big screens around Japan. I tried to make that dumb joke in the persona countdown thread but someone beat me to it.

It's a weird game.

fertygo

I wonder why that famous IS guide don't instruct to
learn Dashing Strike very early. its very possible.. its weird because the author told us to abuse it from near-end game

todd360

Hey levito I'm not sure if you realized but I asked that one question under hollow guardian. What's your favorite smt game and do you like persona. They never answered the favorite smt game part lol. You guys just went off on a rant about the smt guys who hate persona haha. I didn't mean to start something like that.

Edit: oh never mind someone else asked what's your favorite 2 so it got answered eventually.

yes and it is A Bad Game.

the game requires that you kill yourself to get new personas - and you can only kind of guestimate what persona you'll get. if you die a lot you'll get shittier and shittier personas, which means you'll have shittier spell sets and shittier stats, which might cause you to die even more often, resulting in shittier personas, and so forth and so on. good game design guys!!!

*yes i know they are not called personas in game but it really does not matter.

there is literally a dungeon where you are forced to walk around in circles for several lunar cycles. it's not unlike IS's bomb shelter, except it takes even longer and there's basically nothing in the way of character development.

if you say "yes" to the girl in the very first cutscene of the game, you're locked out of the true ending.

there is literally a dungeon where you are forced to walk around in circles for several lunar cycles. it's not unlike IS's bomb shelter, except it takes even longer and there's basically nothing in the way of character development.

the game is punishing you for your sloth. the narrative is a masterpiece because you're getting tortured just like the characters.

also the mobile sequel has Chaos-Neutral-Law set to Bad-Neutral-True endings respectively.

What on earth does she ask you

And how does it relate to the ending 0_o

She asks if you want to look around see what happened (ie if you want her to join the party). You have to turn her down, run around the school and find Not!Eikichi and turn down his offer to join the party, then you can find the True Megane Heroine and accept her into the party. You can only get to the final dungeon/true ending if True Megane Heroine is your partner.

Sophia

To clarify on what Turnip is saying...

In SMT If..., on your first playthrough, you can recruit one of three party members to join you, and each has their own story route through the game. Yumi is the first character who offers to join the party, and her story route has the least amount of story. The second character who offers to join is Charlie, and the third character is Reiko. Reiko has the most story of the possible party members, and you have to have her in the party to unlock the true ending.

On a second playthrough, regardless of who you beat the game with the first time, a fourth character named Akira becomes playable. Unlike the other characters, who visit various worlds based off the seven deadly sins, his route is pretty much proto-Tartarus in design. :p

The route system is very similar to the original Persona, except much simpler; you only recruit one character.

Musolf815

Agreed! However, I feel more confident that we'll get info from Atlus soon than from Square about Final Fantasy XV. I've been burned too many times on the latter to hope for more info on it. But P5 we'll hear something more soon I bet.

Persona7

Banned

I remember reading rumors on the internet about how to trigger the debug mode on the NA version...they never worked. If I remember correctly the updated version didn't even have the debug mode.

Dantis

Welp I just beat Persona 2 IS PSP version. It took me about 59 hours. I'm trying to think back and recall the plot in its entirety but it makes my head hurt

Hot damn, you spent a lot longer on that game than I did. Took me around 20 hours, I believe.

Nice! You can tell how late they ran stuff if files like this still existed even as the game finalized away from it.
It's great isn't it? Done ES yet? :D

I love your new avatar.

Acid08

Banned
Wanted to fuse Lucifer but I don't think I'll be able max one of the slinks to get one of the Personas needed for the fusion :(

Kazzy

I don't even understand this argument. You're plugging your ears and shouting SMT SMT SMT SMT SMT while enforcing the usual garbage about how new Persona fans literally cannot understand what makes P2 enjoyable to actually play because you can't actually find an argument in favour of P2 without putting down people who like games that aren't chores to play, especially at the lengths of time that a game like P2 expects you to put into it. Your argument has essentially boiled down to, like, four things:

I would eat this post if I could!

Dantis

iomb.png

When I draw things like this, I feel like my credibility when discussing masculinity is somewhat receded.

Wanted to fuse Lucifer but I don't think I'll be able max one of the slinks to get one of the Personas needed for the fusion :(
I have been using him for two whole playthrough of the game :D
I got him during the first one, then during the second I bought him right away and levelled him till 99. I'm using it for the third one too!

Jintor

When I draw things like this, I feel like my credibility when discussing masculinity is somewhat receded.

COME PUMP WEIGHTS WITH ME BRO AS WE TOTALLY TALK ABOUT MUSCLE CARS AND FOXY LADIES! WAA-OOOHHHHHHHH!

her anatomy is off duder, check the spine line and her arms

Meia

Didn't playing a game with Kanji as a character in it teach you anything? :p

Something about the pic bugs me. Jintor probably has it, but like a leg in that position, dunno.

Kazzy

Like that little detail's going to stop us from making Dantis less macho :p

Well, he took time out from drawing Naoto cosplay to grace us with this diary entry:

"Waifu argument in the thread this morning, it wasn't pretty. This community is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The posts are extended gutters and the gutters are full of moe and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their lists and baiting will foam up about their waists and all the SMT and Persona fans will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Saving us from ourselves, one shrug at a time!

EMT0

Banned
Well, he took time out from drawing Naoto cosplay to grace us with this diary entry:

"Waifu argument in the thread this morning, it wasn't pretty. This community is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The posts are extended gutters and the gutters are full of moe and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their lists and baiting will foam up about their waists and all the SMT and Persona fans will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Saving us from ourselves, one shrug at a time!

Dantis is the protagonist of SMTV confirmed? I think? Maybe he's the Chaos hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom