• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona family what's good?

Haven't posted in like...ever?

I recently got a Vita & P4G. I still haven't played through P4 vanilla for the PS2. I feel more compelled to playthrough my PS version first. I feel I'll appreciate the changes in Golden much more.

Also going to add P2 IS & P2 EP (oh god I don't know if I can play through it again) on my Vita.

A recent thread had my jamming to P1 PSP remake OST again, so good.

Meia

I'd honestly skip vanilla 4 if you have access to Golden. You'll wind up appreciating the changes more while "fast forwarding" everything else that isn't changed, which is still 95% of things, otherwise. Even small things like most rank 9/10 social links being fully voice, as well as the summer festival, are nice touches that you probably want to experience first with Golden.

I'd honestly skip vanilla 4 if you have access to Golden. You'll wind up appreciating the changes more while "fast forwarding" everything else that isn't changed, which is still 95% of things, otherwise. Even small things like most rank 9/10 social links being fully voice, as well as the summer festival, are nice touches that you probably want to experience first with Golden.

I hear you friend but I don't know yet. I might spend a whole weekend of not being social & play Persona 4. Yeah, I just got the irony : p

Well, he took time out from drawing Naoto cosplay to grace us with this diary entry:

"Waifu argument in the thread this morning, it wasn't pretty. This community is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The posts are extended gutters and the gutters are full of moe and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their lists and baiting will foam up about their waists and all the SMT and Persona fans will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Saving us from ourselves, one shrug at a time!

Why did I? What did I just read?

On a side note. Trying to find portraits from Persona2 is hard.

Well, he took time out from drawing Naoto cosplay to grace us with this diary entry:

"Waifu argument in the thread this morning, it wasn't pretty. This community is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The posts are extended gutters and the gutters are full of moe and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their lists and baiting will foam up about their waists and all the SMT and Persona fans will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

So is Dantis secretly Rorschach?

Caladrius

Just as Lady Miku planned.

Muhahahahahaha.

KikiEars

Neo Member
Well for one, the random encounter rates for both games are much lower. Both games have better dungeons and less frustrating game mechanics, and better overall gameplay as a result. There's a reason why they're heralded as being fantastic RPGs; because they are.

I don't think Persona 2:EP is a good game.

It has a good story and a great cast of characters.

But it has garbage gameplay. Gameplay that prevents people from playing through it or finish int. This is an opinion, but it is an opinion held by plenty of people. I know you're a huge fan of old school RPGs, but it's the truth.

Do it.
Well for one, the random encounter rates for both games are much lower. Both games have worse dungeons and less balanced game mechanics, and worse overall gameplay as a result.

There's a reason why they're known as being terrible RPGs; because they are.

I don't think Persona 2:EP is a bad game.

But it has complex gameplay. Gameplay that prevents people from playing through it and finishing it with no strategy like a visual novel. This is an opinion, but it is an opinion held by plenty of people. I know you're a huge fan of dating-sim feels fest visual novels but it's the truth.

Play the game.

Marche90

When I draw things like this, I feel like my credibility when discussing masculinity is somewhat receded.

Niiiice

It's a "Super Effective" joke. Still, I quite liked it.

Persona family what's good?

Haven't posted in like...ever?

I recently got a Vita & P4G. I still haven't played through P4 vanilla for the PS2. I feel more compelled to playthrough my PS version first. I feel I'll appreciate the changes in Golden much more.

Also going to add P2 IS & P2 EP (oh god I don't know if I can play through it again) on my Vita.

A recent thread had my jamming to P1 PSP remake OST again, so good.

Go with P4G. No point in sticking with the vanilla version, tbh,

fertygo

Well for one, the random encounter rates for both games are much lower. Both games have worse dungeons and less balanced game mechanics, and worse overall gameplay as a result.

There's a reason why they're known as being terrible RPGs; because they are.

I don't think Persona 2:EP is a bad game.

But it has complex gameplay. Gameplay that prevents people from playing through it and finishing it with no strategy like a visual novel. This is an opinion, but it is an opinion held by plenty of people. I know you're a huge fan of dating-sim feels fest visual novels but it's the truth.

Play the game.
You just came across as dick with throwing edit-copypasta like this. Just saying.

I remember reading rumors on the internet about how to trigger the debug mode on the NA version...they never worked. If I remember correctly the updated version didn't even have the debug mode.

Yeah, Maniax and the Raidou version lack the easily accessible debug. One day I might try to see if it's still lying around in there, although there's probably not much of anything interesting. I'd rather have more than half of the original debug options not just freeze the game.

When I draw things like this, I feel like my credibility when discussing masculinity is somewhat receded.

Great work, Dantis! It's nice to see Rei in a non-Persona Q style. Someday I hope Soejima releases his design concepts of her before she got all chibi'd.

Not enough corn dog, though. :p

kewlmyc

It looks great dude, have confidence in your art skills. Plus it's not like Persona is the definition of masculinity to begin with. It's kinda the opposite.

To clarify on what Turnip is saying...

In SMT If..., on your first playthrough, you can recruit one of three party members to join you, and each has their own story route through the game. Yumi is the first character who offers to join the party, and her story route has the least amount of story. The second character who offers to join is Charlie, and the third character is Reiko. Reiko has the most story of the possible party members, and you have to have her in the party to unlock the true ending.

On a second playthrough, regardless of who you beat the game with the first time, a fourth character named Akira becomes playable. Unlike the other characters, who visit various worlds based off the seven deadly sins, his route is pretty much proto-Tartarus in design. :p

The route system is very similar to the original Persona, except much simpler; you only recruit one character.

All of this is very interesting. I have it scheduled for early next year, probably March.

It seems I'll look on my time playing the first Persona as Heavenly.

Nachos

I have seen them. As inconsequential as they are, their form yet lingers in my mind. As I write this by the candlelight of this dilapidated room, I have come to realize that just as the others have surrendered themselves, body and soul, so, too, shall I succumb to the encroaching threat those monstrosities pose. My mind grows haggard by the day, the images reoccurring more and more, as if a single drop of poison is corrupting the wellspring of my mind. Though I continue to fight it, the onslaught simply will not end, with no apparent end in sight. I fear for my well-being, for though I am confident in my ability to resist those tempestuous terrors for the time being, I can feel my mind giving way, as if almost, quite literally, cracking. My thoughts are no longer my own, and I can feel all concept of "self" slowly, but surely receding. And be that as it may that this revelation would normally startle me, filling me with fear and dread as I become less and less myself, I remain still.

It as if though some profound force far beyond the depths of my own understanding - beyond humanity's understanding - has ensnared me, with the intention of molding me as it sees fit. These thoughts are not my own, just as my newfound obsessions are not, either. However, even as this prolonged, forceful metamorphosis brings me a newfound, if unwanted, sense of comfort, a thought crosses my mind. It is a tinge of regret, though what the source of this subtle, subdued, yet utter disappointment is, I cannot say. The thought lingers but for a moment, as I once again resume my adoration of a cause far greater than my own, its import dwarfing my existence itself: the waifus. And so, as I join everyone else in this circle in debating the merits of tsundere and yandere, one thought enters the mind, no longer reticent to the forces that be: I fucking love you, Corndog Girl.
Dantis' experience with PersonaGAF, as told by Lovecraft

todd360

Dantis usually has the head and neck really good and the rest of the body kind of dangling off it, if I had to describe it.

I feel like this would be a pretty big burn to me if I liked to draw. It would be one of those BURNNNNNNNN!!!!! moments

I know this isnt the best place to post this, since its for Soul Hackers, but look:

jg97PRn.jpg

Crap stats and mediocre skills, but dat 0 Mag and Reflect everything but almighty. This along with my Dragon Zeed will be great grinding demons and new game+ demons.

Nachos

I know this isnt the best place to post this, since its for Soul Hackers, but look:

Crap stats and mediocre skills, but dat 0 Mag and Reflect everything but almighty. This along with my Dragon Zeed will be great grinding demons and new game+ demons.

Yeah, I've always loved that they've had the Frosts do something silly in almost every game, which is why I was disappointed they didn't introduce a Samurai Frost with SMT4.

Meia

You know, I never got why Jack Frost was kind of a mascot for Atlus, and now I know why: I never really played any of the games that played off of them. This is a missed opportunity.

Venfayth

You know, I never got why Jack Frost was kind of a mascot for Atlus, and now I know why: I never really played any of the games that played off of them. This is a missed opportunity.

It should be ghoul.

heyyyyyyyyyy guyyyyyyyyysssssssssssssssss

Dantis

You're too far gone to be saved.

COME PUMP WEIGHTS WITH ME BRO AS WE TOTALLY TALK ABOUT MUSCLE CARS AND FOXY LADIES! WAA-OOOHHHHHHHH!

her anatomy is off duder, check the spine line and her arms

I'll give it a look over before I colour it. Cheers, old bean!

Well for one, the random encounter rates for both games are much lower. Both games have better dungeons and less frustrating game mechanics, and better overall gameplay as a result. There's a reason why they're heralded as being fantastic RPGs; because they are.

I don't think Persona 2:EP is a good game.

But it has garbage gameplay. Gameplay that prevents people from playing through it or finish int. This is an opinion, but it is an opinion held by plenty of people. I know you're a huge fan of old school RPGs, but it's the truth.

Do it.

A little late for this, but I love the gameplay of P2IS/EP.
And P1

I get many people may not be able to stomach it too though. I think P2EP is a great game, its my favorite megaten game, but if you can't even entertain the thought of playing it, please at least watch someone play it or read the story, it would be a crime to miss the story of P2IS and EP. Garbage gameplay, nope. Dated gameplay, yep.

Nachos

what a missed opportunity

They could have even just copy and pasted this guy

55-SMT069.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of the SMT4 definition, but I think using that one could be even funnier. Still, at least we got Sergeant Demonee-Ho.

"Who the hee-ho reflected that, the hee-hoing Fairy Godmother?!"

Man, I'm getting the urge to play Soul Hackers again
even though I still need to get through SMTIV
. Such a great game.

Jack Frost is probably one of my more favorite video game mascots just because of how much Atlus does with him. Personal favorite is probably Raiho.

LuuKyK

Since SMT talk is supposed to be done here too
apparently
:

I have no idea whats wrong with me, but I just bought SMT IV yesterday.

I am ready to be disappointed and share my disappointment with you guys.

Silky

Banned
Weird and ridiculous Persona opinion;

Labrys does not remind me of a Persona character. Compared to the cast of P4A, she doesn't really fit the atmosphere the game is going for compared to someone like say, Aigis does. I think she stands out significantly enough and well enough as a fighting game character. As much as I love Labrys and would love to see her in future Persona titles, I will always have this sense of alienation when seeing her not behind a fightstick.

Hello, PersonaGAF.

I JUST GOT FUCKING MUDOONED. THANK YOU SOUL HACKERS. THANK YOU NERGAL. I LOST LIKE TWO HOURS OF GRINDING.

rekt

LuuKyK

why SMTIV is awesome screw the Podcast :p

I don't think you are familiar with my hate towards first person perspective in RPGs.

But I bought it anyway because people kept mocking me and saying its GOTY material. And it was on sale too, so I felt like buying it. :lol

Edit: I bought it on the ATLUS sale whenever that happened (black friday I think), just started the game yesterday. I need some sleep.

Meia

I don't think you are familiar with my hate towards first person perspective in RPGs.

But I bought it anyway because people kept mocking me and saying its GOTY material. And it was on sale too, so I felt like buying it. :lol

Edit: I bought it on the ATLUS sale whenever that happened (black friday I think), just started the game yesterday. I need some sleep.

It's good then that SMT4 is never in first person then, isn't it? :p

And dunno, I think Labrys fits into P4 rather well. I'd rather have had her in the proper P4 as an epilogue than what we had with Marie at any rate. P4A did a better job of making me care about Labrys than Golden did making me care of Marie. I will never get over how misused she was in that game. :(

LuuKyK

It's good then that SMT4 is never in first person then, isn't it? :p

It is, during battle.

But the fact that traversing dungeons is actually in third person made me a happy person. Even more that you can customize your character appearance.

Because exploration in that game is all 3rd person.

Levito

Banned
Worst part about losing grinding progress is MORE GRINDING AWAITS. And not the club kind either.

I know you're probably joking, but drawing, discussing, or embracing feminine things shouldn't effect your masculinity one way or another. Plus there's nothing wrong with femininity anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom