• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Seriously.

FF fans are just as bad, if not significantly worse and that's because that fanbase is so much larger than ours as well as being much more varied because there are 3x as many mainline games to have these kinds of arguments over.

Just imagine the future of Persona GAF after Persona 12!

FluxWaveZ

Got all excited for a moment when I read Naoto's VA was called "Romi Park" in the P4A2 art book only to remember that that was the Japanese VA. Hell of an English sounding name for a Japanese-Korean.

The mystery remains unsolved...

Squire

Banned
It's fine to feel that way, but it was specifically him telling people not to play it because he thinks it's crappy.

No he wasn't. He recommended a guide because he thinks it's crappy and knows plenty of people feel the same. When have you seen anyone actually discourage another from actually playing through that game?

People post here and ask how the games are and we give out honest opinions. No one is telling people not to play P2.

Sophia

Got all excited for a moment when I read Naoto's VA was called "Romi Park" in the P4A2 art book only to remember that that was the Japanese VA. Hell of an English sounding name for a Japanese-Korean.

The mystery remains unsolved...

That's because it's been romanized from her Korean name. A transcription from Japanese would be "Romi Paku"

She's been around for awhile. Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist is one of her most known roles.

PK Gaming

It's fine to feel that way, but it was specifically him telling people not to play it because he thinks it's crappy.
I did nothing of the sort.

I merely said that if you beat P2:IS, you should look into reading a LP of P2:EP, because it provides you with a fairly intact look into P2:EP's story, minus the dismal gameplay. That's it. I never said that people shouldn't play P2:EP. I simply brought up an alternative.

fertygo

I'm kinda addicted with P2 gameplay now lol
The battle is hella crappy but the personas management is so much fun
The only turn off for me to play EP now is the HUD and running with holding O

I wonder if Final Fantasy-gaf is like Persona-Gaf.

Seriously.

FF fans are just as bad, if not significantly worse and that's because that fanbase is so much larger than ours as well as being much more varied because there are 3x as many mainline games to have these kinds of arguments over.

I recommend going through the Lightning Returns thread, the thread is so amusing especially when you've got Perfo in there defending any valid criticisms XD and one of the post I saw when he broke down and went after every other RPGs.

jadedkitty

Neo Member
I still wonder why Naoto's original voice actor hasn't been found yet.

From what I've heard, it may have been an unionized actor performing and that the job was non-union. They probably wouldn't want to be identified because of legal ramifications, meaning they could be sued by their union.

At least I think that's what it was. They mentioned it on the S.Link podcast with Michelle Ann Dunphy.

Dantis

It's nice to not be the target of yelling, for once.

I put EP down after I did the bit where you crash on the beach, and I just can't be bothered to go back to it. The problem isn't that I dislike the game, it's just that there's always a different game that I'd rather play.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I still wonder why Naoto's original voice actor hasn't been found yet.

This came up when we interview Michelle and it's more than likely a Union thing. Which is why you'll see some voice actors have aliases that they use for non-union jobs. (or the other way around)

Ah, the "Metallica sold out" argument, always a winner.

The [Insert Band Here] Sold out always gets me as any band that signs a record contract is basically selling out.

Squire

Banned
It's nice to not be the target of yelling, for once.

I put EP down after I did the bit where you crash on the beach, and I just can't be bothered to go back to it. The problem isn't that I dislike the game, it's just that there's always a different game that I'd rather play.

Dantis pls

But seriously, that's another thing: It's easy to tell yourself to just put up with P2's garbage, but it's pretty difficult to act on it when you have all these other options.

If you play a lot of games and a lot of different games, you've probably dealt with this before. If not with P2, with something else.

EMT0

Banned
I went back and watched some bits of it earlier, and I've decided that I love it.

McHale (Deliberately or not, I'd like to think deliberately) just pointed out what a farce the whole thing is. And all the people screaming "BUT THIS IS REPRESENTING THE INDUSTRY AT LARGE" are just a part of the joke.

I think there's some sort of weird dichotomy where the joke got turned into reality somewhere along the line and now the two cannot exist without the other.

I definitely plan on playing Persona 2 EP, maybe Wednesday after my finals are done I'll start.

I like the characters (at least, what I've seen of them), so I'm just hoping I'll be good with the gameplay.

Gazoinks

I definitely plan on playing Persona 2 EP, maybe Wednesday after my finals are done I'll start.

I like the characters (at least, what I've seen of them), so I'm just hoping I'll be good with the gameplay.

If you can deal with IS, EP is clunkier but not really a big step down (and the battles are less trivial, which may or may not be good depending on your opinion) in most respects. My problem came from playing it immediately after IS when I was already a little tired of IS' gameplay.

If you can deal with IS, EP is clunkier but not really a big step down (and the battles are less trivial, which may or may not be good depending on your opinion) in most respects. My problem came from playing it immediately after IS when I was already a little tired of IS' gameplay.

Never even played IS, lol. Is it available on PSN at all?

The PS1 version isn't. You can get the PSP version for PSP or Vita though.

Yes, and you must play it first. Muuuust.

I mean I guess you don't technically need to, but you really should.

Both are avaiable, P2:IS as a PSP game and P2:EP as PSOne Classic

Well, guess I'll have to wait to play IS until Christmas since I won't have a Vita until then. Have EP though, and I guess I'll wait, even though I don't' really want to lol

PK Gaming

I didn't really want to turn this thread into "let's shit on P2!" Putting it down was never my intention.

I really love P2 you know, in spite of its flaws (Tatsuya is my 2nd favorite Persona character). I just wanted to set the record straight.

Squire

Banned
I didn't really want to turn this thread into "let's shit on P2!"

I really love P2 you know, in spite of its flaws (Tatsuya is my 2nd favorite Persona character). I just wanted to set the record straight.

I don't really think anyone shits on P2, but I do think some would do well to take the very popular, valid criticisms of the game in stride.

This shouldn't be that difficult. Most of my favorite games this year I take issue with, but the good in them far outweighs the bad for me and that's why I love them. Not everything can or needs to be a masterpiece - which still doesn't make something devoid of flaws.

People just need to not worry so much about what other people think of things they like. The online gaming community struggles with that in a big way.

Mrs. Smith lol

I thought EP localization done with those stuff

Everything introduced in P2 is translated correctly, if anything from P1 shows up, it uses the Revelations: Persona translation, which is a shame, you will take your Ms Smith, Lunarville, Ellen, Mary, and company and like it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
lVjvrp9.jpg

Mrs. Smith lol

I thought EP localization done with those stuff

Yes and no, the localization kept some things from Revelations: Persona for the sake of continuniy, like Mrs. Smith and the first names of Nate, Ellen, and
Guido
. But changed their last names to the japanese surname to fix that snarl.
And made Guido Sardenia an alias for Guido Kandori.
I will say that that localization for P2:EP is alight. It serves it's pourpse for what it is and it fixes a lot of the weird translation goofs that were in the first game. Though it still has some issues, mostly from the voice acting. Which to me is so bad, it's good with how some of the lines come out.

fertygo

Everything introduced in P2 is translated correctly, if anything from P1 shows up, it uses the Revelations: Persona translation, which is a shame, you will take your Ms Smith, Lunarville, Ellen, Mary, and company and like it.

There were a few carryovers from the original P1 localization for the sake of convince. So you get odd stuff like Nate Nanjo and Ellen Kirishima.

Godammit

"Nate Nanjo" probably the hardest thing to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom