• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMT0

Banned
Yu and Akihiko's hair colors are weird anywhere though

I wish the hair colors would go back to the Persona 1/SMT style of everybody has black or brown hair unless they have a reason for having dyed/different color hair. Why a Japanese heiress like Mitsuru has red hair, or Akihiko/Yu/Fuuka/Makoto/Naoto's hair is white/silver/teal/blue is beyond me.

Teddie, Aigis, and Kanji all fly by fine. Rise I can understand as an idol. Chie's is kind of pushing it, but hey, it works. But Yu and Naoto's hair....does not comprehend.

What's the point of giving a toaster that fights inhuman monsters huge cans again? I mean if she were designed to fight humans it would make sense
kindof
since it would be to distract the enemy, but she's not, she's fighting monsters incapable of human emotions

Because despite whatever flimsy justification they try to shoehorn into the game*, she was primarily designed for people who have realdoll fetishes.

*"Uhh you see there was some sick girl in the hospital so naturally all of the robot girls had to look like her!!!!" or whatever

I wish the hair colors would go back to the Persona 1/SMT style of everybody has black or brown hair unless they have a reason for having dyed/different color hair. Why a Japanese heiress like Mitsuru has red hair, or Akihiko/Yu/Fuuka/Makoto/Naoto's hair is white/silver/teal/blue is beyond me.

Teddie, Aigis, and Kanji all fly by fine. Rise I can understand as an idol. Chie's is kind of pushing it, but hey, it works. But Yu and Naoto's hair....does not comprehend.

I am under the impression that Naoto and Fuuka's hair colors are meant to be shades of black, while Mitsuru, Rise, Chie and Yosuke's are shades of brown.

EMT0

Banned
What's the point of giving a toaster that fights inhuman monsters huge cans again? I mean if she were designed to fight humans it would make sense
kindof
since it would be to distract the enemy, but she's not, she's fighting monsters incapable of human emotions

Where do you think she stores all the ammo, in her back? :p

Squire

Banned
tumblr_mxj1z4XDtd1qh3twgo1_500.gif

Where do I even begin with this.

Mean Girls is actually one of my favorite films.

Don't tone police me.

Don't... post like an asshole with zero taste in humor?

Food for thought, man.

/petitionsigned

to be honest I wanted to complain about this literal exact thing on multiple occasions but thought I would only be laughed at in ridicule

it would be like my PhD approval hearing all over again :'(

Also Rise's hair color I don't see anything abnormally unrealistic about it its darker than Chie's, and Chie's might be fine cuz it kinda loos died, or highlighted, or whatever girls are into nowadays

Where do you think she stores all the ammo, in her back? :p

It all makes sense now...I understand everything about Aigis now...they made her into a pubescent girl because they're the most emotional kind of people and therefore the easiest to get a Persona...it all makes sense.

What the heck does "zero taste in humor" even supposed to mean?

It might mean that you find integers between -1 and 1 funny.

One must tread lightly in PCGAF

Gazoinks

/petitionsigned

to be honest I wanted to complain about this literal exact thing on multiple occasions but thought I would only be laughed at in ridicule

it would be like my PhD approval hearing all over again :'(

Also Rise's hair color I don't see anything abnormally unrealistic about it its darker than Chie's, and Chie's might be fine cuz it kinda loos died, or highlighted, or whatever girls are into nowadays.

I think someone mentioned that the artbook says that Chie dyes her hair. I think everyone in P4 with weird hair besides Yu is said to dye it?

LX_Theo

Banned

Aren't they all just variations of black and brown that are put to an extreme for the sake of making character designs more unique with more vibrant colors? I thought that was the case in most anime for those sorts of hair colors.

Squire

Banned
What the heck does "zero taste in humor" even supposed to mean?

You regularly make shitty jokes.

Rarely offensive (in fairness to you), almost always unfunny.

You're like a really bad character poster on GAF. I don't know what you're aiming for, but your schtick needs work.

Aren't they all just variations of black and brown that are put to an extreme for the sake of making character designs more unique with more vibrant colors? I thought that was the case in most anime for those sorts of hair colors.

This is what I thought too, and was very happy believing this...until they called Makoto the blue-haired boy.

Rarely offensive (in fairness to you), almost always unfunny.

You're like a really bad character poster on GAF. I don't know what you're aiming for, but your schtick needs work.

Jeez lay off on the guy, he makes one slightly-offensive, sarcastic, joke aimed not at the cosplay chick, but at everybody criticizing her and everybody pounces on him like a pack hyenas

Turnip, if you can hear me: I appreciate your well-timed one-liners, and find them quite hilarious regularly.

Sophia

I am under the impression that Naoto and Fuuka's hair colors are meant to be shades of black, while Mitsuru, Rise, Chie and Yosuke's are shades of brown.

Mitsuru's hair is explicitly stated as red at a few points. Technically Japanese people can have red hair, but it's rare, and in no way comes in the shade that Mitsuru's hair would.

Generally I stop worrying about MY IMMERSION when one of your party members is a living bear suit.
Talking about the suit, I don't like how (kinda spoilery)
he always keeps the suit even after he get a "human" body. I know he says he feel safer or more comfortable with it, but still, it looked awkward whenever they were all together with him like that.

Talking about the suit, I don't like how (kinda spoilery)
he always keeps the suit even after he get a "human" body. I know he says he feel safer or more comfortable with it, but still, it looked awkward whenever they were all together with him like that.

Its his natural body mang, I wouldn't get rid of my actual body if I had to shapeshift in order to get by either.

LX_Theo

Banned
This is what I thought too, and was very happy believing this...until they called Makoto the blue-haired boy.
Eh. I know they say blue, gray, red, and whatnot, but I still think they are just variations (even if the universe sees those variations and the colors they look like)

Caladrius

As a fictional setting I assume that any hair colors are natural unless otherwise pointed out.

Except bald. No one in Japan is naturally bald.

Meia

As a fictional setting I assume that any hair colors are natural unless otherwise pointed out.

Except bald. No one in Japan is naturally bald.

Yeah........when people are summoning spiritual beings from their souls or whatever to battle either demons or shadow creatures while watching Chie kick something into actual orbit, I can't say I've ever thought about what her natural hair color is.

Though, honestly, it's very cool they're that detailed. Got the Arena art book in the other day and was reading it, love the attention to detail they put on things like balance during moves.

The characters do comment ingame on people's strange hair colors and are conscious of black/brown being predominant in Japan. IIRC, Kanji, Teddie, Yu, Akihiko, and Aigis all receive commentary for their odd-in-Japan hair colors in passing.

When was this?

Though, honestly, it's very cool they're that detailed. Got the Arena art book in the other day and was reading it, love the attention to detail they put on things like balance during moves.

-refrains from buying the Arena artbook despite her concept art obsession-

I love Atlus

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

One must tread lightly in PCGAF

I hardly ever got to PC GAF because I don't play games on my computer though?

I don't though?

Jeez lay off on the guy, he makes one slightly-offensive, sarcastic, joke aimed not at the cosplay chick, but at everybody criticizing her and everybody pounces on him like a pack hyenas

Things that are ok: Mocking body painting that individuals took several hours painstakingly creating that everyone involved is very proud of, as well as complaining that she isn't attractive.
Things that are not ok: Saying the word "bitch"

Gazoinks

Are there differences between demons and personae of the same name?

Ummmm. Good question, actually. In P3&4, obviously they're not the same thing, but it's more up in the air in 1&2 since those games actually feature demons. You're not outright recruiting them ala SMT though, soooo. I unno.

Last edited by Venfayth; Today at 04:27 PM. Reason: Maybe if you didn't deign to make oblique posts in an attempt to be edgy people wouldn't misunderstand you

It was literally a response to some of our more ~esteemed posters~ nitpicking the cosplayer's appearance. Unless you were being intentionally dense I'm not sure how you'd misunderstand that series of posts.

Palettes.

Jintor

sophia was being critical of her outfit, not mocking it, and if anything people were saying she was attractive. I get you were mocking people being hypercritical of her cosplay, but you could easily have done so without calling her a bitch, even if it was facetious.

EMT0

Banned

I'm very uneducated when it comes to this and you should take other people's word on this over mine, but...

People will tell you that demons are the 'real deal' and therefore much more powerful than their Persona version. I'm not entirely convinced of that since the power of demons supposedly stems from human belief in them, just like Personas do. In fact, you spend most of your time in P1 and P2 fighting demons and killing them with human weapons and Personas.

I've heard a theory(the last podcast, was it?) that demons are the manifestations of human thought made real during a time of strife(law vs chaos), while Personas are manifestations of human thought directed inwardly(so sort of like a possible outcome during a time of neutrality?)

In theory, every SMT character should have both a Shadow and Persona within themselves that they can reach out to. In theory. The Persona cast should have the capability to be able to control demons to some extent like some of the SMT protagonists do. In theory.

If I'm horribly wrong on my conclusions say so now and put me out of my guesswork misery

Venfayth

It was literally a response to some of our more ~esteemed posters~ nitpicking the cosplayer's appearance. Unless you were being intentionally dense I'm not sure how you'd misunderstand that series of posts.

Right, so, you're always straightforward about what you intend to convey, is what you're saying?

I've heard a theory(the last podcast, was it?) that demons are the manifestations of human thought made real during a time of strife(law vs chaos), while Personas are manifestations of human thought directed inwardly(so sort of like a possible outcome during a time of neutrality?)

wouldn't this make demons basically shadows?

Everybody chill.

I can't actually see the picture, but it better not be that unoriginal motherfucker Mr. Freeze. He's been riding on Captain Cold's coattails for decades

related:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom