• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
9Zcfzj8.gif
9Zcfzj8.gif

9Zcfzj8.gif
9Zcfzj8.gif

sophia was being critical of her outfit, not mocking it, and if anything people were saying she was attractive. I get you were mocking people being hypercritical of her cosplay, but you could easily have done so without calling her a bitch, even if it was facetious.

Again, you're just reinforcing that it's ok to be hyper critical of a woman's appearance.
(Yo, it isn't!)

I mean, y'all are certainly free to criticize folks for how they look, because I wouldn't want to police you or anything, but you should not be surprised by the clapback.

Right, so, you're always straightforward about what you intend to convey, is what you're saying?

Teaching folks reading comprehension isn't my job.

Jintor

I'd distinguish it as being critical of her costume, not of a woman's appearance more generally. If you're going to dress up as a character, having costume inaccuracies pointed out is obviously not a slight on your appearance, but rather of your costume-creation skills (presumably).

Sophia

sophia was being critical of her outfit, not mocking it, and if anything people were saying she was attractive. I get you were mocking people being hypercritical of her cosplay, but you could easily have done so without calling her a bitch, even if it was facetious.

Sophia was also being sarcastic and exaggerating in response to Dantis's own comment.

Clearly next time I need to make more use of exclamation marks in my second post.

I'd distinguish it as being critical of her costume, not of a woman's appearance more generally. If you're going to dress up as a character, having costume inaccuracies pointed out is obviously not a slight on your appearance, but rather of your costume-creation skills (presumably).

Right. I don't care about her body or personal appearance. Obviously not, as I wouldn't like it if someone mocked my own appearance. But small details (like the armband being on the wrong arm) are easily fixable and would make the cosplay itself go from awful to amazing.

kewlmyc

Sophia was also being sarcastic and exaggerating in response to Dantis's own sarcastic comment.

Clearly next time I need to make more use of exclamation marks in my second post.

To be fair, written/typed sarcasm can be hard to notice at times.

Sophia

Probably worth pointing out that 90% of the things people get mad at me for saying are sarcasm and/or jokes.

Eh, not always. Most of us regulars (or at least, me and Buddha....) have learned to tell when you're being sarcastic/joking, and when you're not. I try to respond accordingly to the sarcasm with more sarcasm. :p

Sophia, teaching folks reading comprehension isn't your job.

You think? For all you know it might just be my real daytime job! ;p

Eh, not always. Most of us regulars (or at least, me and Buddha....) have learned to tell when you're being sarcastic/joking, and when you're not. I try to respond accordingly to the sarcasm with more sarcasm. :p

You think? For all you know it might just be my real daytime job! ;p

Sophia confirmed as homeroom teacher for Persona 5?

Caladrius

I hope the next Persona features copious amounts of snacks.

Preferably of the ground up bone, crickets and mud variety.

Otherwise it won't be edgy enough.

Jintor

I hope it's all set in an escape game.

On the titanic.

And everyone's wearing bracelets with numbers and they've swallowed bombs.

Sophia was also being sarcastic and exaggerating in response to Dantis's own comment.

Your first response to a project a group of fans put a lot of hard work into was was literally "That cosplay/phptoshopped/whatever image of Aigis is awful. The details are all wrong."

(I suppose I could also directly quote Jintor about how it's not ok, even if you were doing it facetiously, but he's already decided to direct one of my posts.<3)

Squire

Banned
I hope you realize that now you must provide a list of your top ten favourite films of all time. That's just the way these things work, man.

Heh, quite.

The list fluctuates (Which is to say I'm probably forgetting something), but basically, in no particular order:

Saving Private Ryan
American Gangster
The Social Network
Zodiac
Rear Window
The Sound of Music
Kiki's Delivery Service
The Birds
Mean Girls
We Need To Talk About Kevin

I'm sure I'm forgetting something though.

Dantis

Jintor got me thinking last night: Can we talk game of the year? I wanna see lists!

I'll have to think of mine. Last of Us is at the top, but besides that... There's been an awful lot of good games.

I don't watch a lot of films. It's a major deficiency :T

You're definitely a horrible person.

kewlmyc

Heh, quite.

The list fluctuates (Which is to say I'm probably forgetting something), but basically, in no particular order:

Saving Private Ryan
American Gangster
The Social Network
Zodiac
Rear Window
The Sound of Music
Kiki's Delivery Service
The Birds
Mean Girls
We Need To Talk About Kevin

I'm sure I'm forgetting something though.
I've heard good things about the last movie you mentioned, is it any good?

Jintor got me thinking last night: Can we talk game of the year? I wanna see lists!

I'll have to think of mine. Last of Us is at the top, but besides that... There's been an awful lot of good games.

I'll start making mine.

Marche90

So hey guys, what's goin-

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

... yup, back to my lectures.

Also, my effort to steer clear from that conversation: I don't really watch that much movies anymore :(
I tend to dabble more into series, more than anything, I guess.

Caladrius

My GOTY is Super Mario 3D World.

And I don't watch that many films because I can't sit still for more than an hour before losing my mind. I like most of David Lynch's filmography though.

Gazoinks

Hm, I don't even know. Poor college student, barely played any new games this year. Only AAA game I played was Bioshock 3: Bioshock Infinitely. Other than that mostly indies, the best of which would maybe be Don't Starve? I don't even know. Modern things are overrated anyway! :p

Or read the book because it's drastically superior.

Haven't even played it. Expectations are incredibly low. Doesn't look like my type of game at all.

Well if it's not your type of game then yeah I don't think you'd appreciate it as much.

Story is stupidly phenomenal though and it's bombastic as hell. I absolutely love it.

1. SMTIV
2. Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
3. XCom: Enemy Unknown/Within
4. Assassin's Creed IV: Back Flag
5.Pokemon X

RPG heavy year this year.

I really need to get Gods and Kings

Meia

Game of the year. Hrm.

I liked Bioshock Infinite, but the gameplay really turned me off and made the game fail for what it was going for. Too many "gamey" parts ruined a lot of the atmosphere, something Bioshock 1 didn't have a problem with at all.

The Last of Us......yeah probably would be it, can't think of much else sadly enough. Tomb Raider was ok, and will be great in a sequel(if there is one).

SMT 4 I barely scratched the surface of, Pokemon got a lot of old-timer feels but it's still pokemon.....

I think the game I enjoyed the most probably was AA5. It's a toss-up between LoU and that probably.

Oh dear... looks like I have to make some calls to my Italian family members...

Welp, nice knowing everyone.

Dantis

1) Last of Us
2) Tomb Raider
3) God of War Ascension
3) Puppeteer
5) Fire Emblem Awakening

That'll about do it. Phenomenal year though. Played (And really enjoyed) so many games.

It's very good, yes.

I need to solidify a top 5 for the year. I can say Saints Row IV is at the top with Remember Me (much to my surprise) in second.

SR4 is incredible. I was so surprised.

Remember Me is good, but it was miles off my game of the year. I had some problems with aspects of it.

Not 100% final list:

1. The Wonderful 101
2. Pikmin 3
3. Pokemon X
4. Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
5. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Man what a Nintendork.

Edit: I played a lot of fantastic games this year, and this is in no way final, but man, these were the games that I enjoyed the most I'd say.

Nachos

I honestly don't know what my game would be. There's still a lot of games I haven't played from this year, and I don't count HD (1.5) remixes, but as it stands, I'd probably go with New Leaf. Even six months after it's come out, it remains the only game I still try to play every day. Second place would be Etrian Odyssey IV (it's been a while since I've wanted to play any RPG enough to want to 100%; not even the SMT games can get me to do that).

As far as disappointments go, it'd definitely be Bioshock Infinite. The shooting was barely serviceable enough to get me through the game for what should've been the highlights of the game, which I found predictable and forgettable. The characterization was fine, but if you've looked into quantum physics as an from an educational standpoint, as either a math or physics major (especially the poor physics majors), you'd realize how heavy-handed and clumsy the plot was with its foreshadowing. I could NOT for the life of me understand how people thought the story was "mind-blowing."

The Last of Us is a GREAT game,The combat manages to be formulaic (in a good way), but at the same time exciting so if you die, you know it was you're fault. The voice acting is amazing. But I found that the story was slightly cliche, and I found myself guessing what was going to happen next very often
until the very end at least.

Sophia

I couldn't make a top five list. Shin Megami Tensei IV, Final Fantasy XIV, and Pokemon X/Y would all be in there however because of the absurd amount of hours I've spent in each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom