• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMT0

Banned
I wonder if they're going to release an intro trailer that tells us nothing but amazes us anyways and has us giddy and clapping our hands for more. Like what Persona 4's intro trailer is. Fluff and cool but nothing substantial.

Best fluff ever though.

I wonder if they're going to release an intro trailer that tells us nothing but amazes us anyways and has us giddy and clapping our hands for more. Like what Persona 4's intro trailer is. Fluff and cool but nothing substantial.

Best fluff ever though.

I wasn't around when the P4 trailer was shown what was it? (So I can have an idea of what to expect)

Caladrius

OHSOI'MAJOKENOWHUHSOI'MFUNNYIBETYOUTHINKMARIEISFUNNYTOOYOUJERKIHATEYOUWITHYOURKAWAIICHIBIROBOTAVATARANDNORMALPERSONUSERNAMETHATISN'TATYPO

Best fluff ever though.

The P4 OP was my favorite overall. I thought Shadow World was an unworthy successor.

Okay, Project Diva F wins!

I kid, but it'd seriously be on there anyway.

You are wise.

I can't wait for F 2nd. I double-dipped on the first Diva F/-f-. I hope the V3 design for Kaito (See avatar) is in it. The original design was meh.

Acid08

Banned
Shadow World is damn good but the OG P4 intro is better. P3 best tho.

So I'm almost at
Marie's
dungeon and I really don't want to do it. Have heard nothing but horrible, terrible things about it.

tumblr_mw0b7uDPdo1retv1jo1_1280.jpg

So I'm almost at
Marie's
dungeon and I really don't want to do it. Have heard nothing but horrible, terrible things about it.

I mean it is
Marie's
dungeon, so horrible and terrible should be expected.

Caladrius

So I'm almost at
Marie's

You do have party members with invigorate and an Element Break skill right? The boss is incredibly hard to damage without the latter and the random encounters are extremely rough without the former..

Acid08

Banned
You do have party members with invigorate and an Element Break skill right? The boss is incredibly hard to damage without the latter and the random encounters are extremely rough without the former..
Yes to the former, no to the latter. Pretty sure I have some Personas that have break skills though.

Caladrius

Yes to the former, no to the latter. Pretty sure I have some Personas that have break skills though.

Make sure to bring a party member or two that can exploit the broken element resistance. Once the boss's resistance is broken the fight is pretty straightforward as long as you're doing a good amount of damage.

I was hoping that it would be absolutely evil, but alas.

I didn't buy many new games that came out this year, so I extended my list to other games I bought this year (New and Old).

My Top Games of the Year
1. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter-This one has become one of my favorite games of all time. This one surprised one with how good everything was, even if the combat wasn't the greatest I've played. But everything else...the story, the characters(That's where I got my name for NeoGAF), the setting, the art, and the music. They all came together to make a great game. And is one of the only games that made me sad with how everything tied up at the end.
2. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment-I played this one first of the two Persona 2, and thought it was the better game. Even if the game is kinda outdated and archaic in design. I enjoyed the game with how it pretty much tied up everything from P2:IS and got to see it from Maya's perspective and her party members were hilariuos. Wiith all of the party members becoming some of my top favorite Persona characters (Ulala, Katsuya, and Baofu are my top three from the game).
3. SMTIV-I enjoyed the game and though of it as a proper evolution of the series in some aspects, with fusion being the best in the series so far. And an interesting story and characters. And excellent music that fit this game so well.
4. SMT: Nocturne-It's tied with SMTIV, because i thought both of them were great, but for different reasons. And now I get why people love this game. It's a great RPG that has a great combat system, excellent music, a good amount of extra content to play through(The Fiends and Dante were just awesome in this game), and Demi-Fiend was a awesome character to play as.
5. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time-This was good sequel to one of my favorite series ever. And was fun to play as Sly's ancestors throughout the different time periods.

Honorable mentions go to-Tail Concerto, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Fate/EXTRA, and SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.

Acid08

Banned
Make sure to bring a party member or two that can exploit the broken element resistance. Once the boss's resistance is broken the fight is pretty straightforward as long as you're doing a good amount of damage.

I was hoping that it would be absolutely evil, but alas.
Well, I know Yukiko and, I think, Kanji had Break skills at one point. Is the boss strong against physical too? Because Kanji and Chie + Power Charge have been my superstars against bosses so far.

Going to keep Trumpeter equipped for Cool Breeze.

Caladrius

Well, I know Yukiko and, I think, Kanji had Break skills at one point. Is the boss strong against physical too? Because Kanji and Chie + Power Charge have been my superstars against bosses so far.

Going to keep Trumpeter equipped for Cool Breeze.

The boss is completely immune to Physical since there are no break/pierce skills for it. You're gonna need magic users.

Scrafty's Greatest Movies of All Time List™:

10. Gravity
9. Spirited Away
8. Pulp Fiction
7. 2001: A Space Odyssey
6. Koyaanisqatsi
5. Terminator 2: Judgement Day
4. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
3. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Toy Story
1. Hot Fuzz

Scrafty's Greatest Games of the Year List™:

5. Fire Emblem: Awakening
4. Saints Row IV
3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
2. Pokémon Y
1. Metal GAR Rising: Revengeance

Acid08

Banned
Again, the boss isn't too bad as long as you can damage it. As long as you have 1 character besides the MC that can use magic you should be fine. (Yukiko and Naoto are my go-to choices for that fight.)
Yeah I have Yukiko in my party. Chie and Kanji as the others. Hopefully I can get Bufudyne on Chie before the dungeon.

TWILT

Banned

10. Gravity
9. Spirited Away
8. Pulp Fiction
6. Koyaanisqatsi
3. To Kill a Mockingbird

2. Toy Story
1. Hot Fuzz

4. Saints Row IV
2. Pokémon Y
KoI9yFH.gif

My man!

10. Gravity
9. Spirited Away
8. Pulp Fiction
6. Koyaanisqatsi
3. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Toy Story
1. Hot Fuzz

4. Saints Row IV
2. Pokémon Y

That's a pretty sweet movies list, although I'm surprised that To Kill a Mockingbird is so high up. The novel is a timeless classic, but I'm not so sure about the movie. Maybe it just hasn't aged well.

Sophia

That's a pretty sweet movies list, although I'm surprised that To Kill a Mockingbird is so high up. The novel is a timeless classic, but I'm not so sure about the movie. Maybe it just hasn't aged well.

Careful, the last time someone spoke even remotely ill of the movie was the time I stopped being an observation android....

Gregory Peck's role is brilliant.

Careful, the last time someone spoke even remotely ill of the movie was the time I stopped being an observation android....

Gregory Peck's role is brilliant.

I watched that movie in freshman year.

It was pretty good.

Really like the book too. It was one of the only books I read for Honors/AP English in high school, lol.

Read To Kill a Mockingbird, everything in Sophomore English (lots of plays and the whole mythology stuff was interesting), read Catcher in the Rye (hated that), Huck Finn, The Crucible, Lord of the Flies, 1984 (really love that book), Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World. It's not that I didn't read any books or just one, but I just read the ones that interested me.

Don't follow my example, basically.

I always get a little sad when people talk about their high school reading lists and there's not a single work from the Harlem Renaissance anywhere to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom