• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Have you read A Midsummer Night's Dream? I think the title is a bit more meaningful if you have. At the very least, look up the themes of it.

I read it in year 7 at school, haha. So I would have been about 11?

I know/remember literally nothing about it, except there's a man called Bottom who gets his head transformed into a donkey's head.

I just want to know when movie one is hitting DVD, the wait is killing me. :p

The Japanese release actually won't be far off at all.

Jintor

There you go then. That's your own fault, chap. It never looked anything like the old Tomb Raider games, and the old Tomb Raider games weren't Metroidvanias.

You led yourself astray on your own expectations!

I think there's a weird thing in games where people get mad about what a game isn't, rather than appreciating it for what it is. It wasn't a 'classic' Tomb Raider game because there's no room in the budgetary space that they'd been assigned for slow and cumbersome puzzle platformers. Instead, it was one of the best third person shooters of the generation and you're all sad-faced because the marketing people lied to you.

I expect to see you gritting your teeth and smiling when Persona 5 is a first-person world war 2 shooter then

'one of the best third person shooter of the generation' please. It's no Vanquish (best mechanical TPS/Action) OR Binary Domain (Best surprisingly good story/character TPS)

Sophia

I read it in year 7 at school, haha. So I would have been about 11?

I know/remember literally nothing about it, except there's a man called Bottom who gets his head transformed into a donkey's head.

I know this is probably not the intent of the writers, but can we go on ahead and say Bottom is represented by Junpei? Just for the laughs? :D

But yeah, the themes of love, identity, dreams, and how they relate to Aigis are kind of fitting. Sadly, A Midsummer Night's Dream is a comedy, so it doesn't fit as well as it should. :(

Jintor

just so you know dantis i resent your implication that I am some easily-manipulated tool of the marketing machine and am stewing angrily in a pit of rage right now

aggressively so

We gonna make it happen.
Let me put this in perspective smedpai, you double perfecting Chris G is much more likely than me going to Evo at this rate :p
tumblr_mxkfa1lVc01qe6ix6o1_500.png

curse you retrodynamics why are you so amazing

Some days you just gotta have a footstool. Aki's expression really makes the pic lol

kewlmyc

You think? They normally take their sweet time with getting the DVD/BR releases out.
Normally yes, but considering the next movie will be out in early summer, they'll probably bump up the BD release to May or something. Kinda of like the recent Berserk movies where they went to BD pretty fast because there wasn't much time between the theater releases, just like with the P3 movies.

Normally yes, but considering the next movie will be out in early summer, they'll probably bump up the BD release to May or something. Kinda of like the recent Berserk movies where they went to BD pretty fast because there wasn't much time between the theater releases, just like with the P3 movies.

I hope this happens, but I've waited too long for previous films to get my hopes up.

Necrovex

I thought the gameplay was head and shoulders above everything else in the genre, and the level design was nothing short of superb.

You're also exaggerating how bad the writing was. It wasn't good, but it was passable. It's miles off the tripe that is Kingdom Hearts. The story was just a bit of fun, and I definitely liked the supernatural direction it took towards the end.

I'll admit that Tomb Raider played a lot better than any other games in its genre. But I have to disagree on the level design. Nothing about it leapt out at me. The worst example of design was the tomb; I don't enjoy being treated like a complete moron.

I would take KH1's story over Tomb Raider's story everyday of the week. I didn't mind the supernatural twist to the story, since it was expected. There wasn't much merits to this story. Lara was horribily developed; Sam was fine though. Can we just have a Tomb Raider game with Sam being the lead?

Dantis

I expect to see you gritting your teeth and smiling when Persona 5 is a first-person world war 2 shooter then

'one of the best third person shooter of the generation' please. It's no Vanquish (best mechanical TPS/Action) OR Binary Domain (Best surprisingly good story/character TPS)

Binary Domain was terrific, but Vanquish was incredibly dull.

If Persona 5 is anything other than a turn based JRPG, tears will be shed and tables will be flipped.

just so you know dantis i resent your implication that I am some easily-manipulated tool of the marketing machine and am stewing angrily in a pit of rage right now

aggressively so

Don't worry about it, mate. Pretty sure it just means you're, like, of a lower intelligence or something.

No big deal.

kewlmyc

If Persona 5 is anything other than a turn based JRPG, tears will be shed and tables will be flipped.

Don't worry about it, mate. Pretty sure it just means you're, like, of a lower intelligence or something.

No big deal.

Haha, your a funny person Dantis, good thing you don't mean that.

fertygo

Can't agree with Vanquish bit.

But man you're right, I can't imagine how loud I will cry if Persona 5 isn't turn based.

Nachos

So is anyone from PersonaGAF on Miiverse? I picked up the 3DS update at midnight, and I'm really, really enjoying it. I hardly ever draw (and it probably shows), but I am making an effort to make original content, instead of just posting screenshots. Right now, it's only got pictures from the new DLC case for Ace Attorney, though.

BuenosNachos

zlCfzROJFCsTS6foxF

zlCfzROP6wkh9mHiNF

zlCfzROQY0MQ4bKOO9

I can't wait until the Q community pops up.

So is anyone from PersonaGAF on Miiverse? I picked up the 3DS update at midnight, and I'm really, really enjoying it. I hardly ever draw (and it probably shows), but I am making an effort to make original content, instead of just posting screenshots. Right now, it's only got pictures from the new DLC case for Ace Attorney, though.

BuenosNachos

I'll be downloading this update tonight. Sounds (potentially) fun!

Dantis

BuenosNachos

zlCfzROJFCsTS6foxF

zlCfzROP6wkh9mHiNF

zlCfzROQY0MQ4bKOO9

You can draw on it?

OH BOY! TIME TO GO UPDATE MY 3DS.

hatetodeath.png

God I hate you right now

Penny Arcade is pretty bad too.

You can draw on it?

Pan-Hime drew this:

t8bz.png

I drew this:

1cb5.png

and this gentleman pikachu...or...something that vaguely looks like a pikachu, on the Pokemon X board:

yl84.png

Eagerly awaiting the SMTIV, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor, Persona Q, or an Atlus Community board .

Nachos

You can draw on it?

Yup, you can type, draw, and take screenshots. Right now, it honestly reminds me of Pictochat for the original DS, just beefed up a lot more to allow you to post in specific communities across the world. There aren't that many communities out there at the moment, but they should be adding more for older games, on top of creating communities for new games the day they release.

I'm still waiting for the VLR community myself.

Dantis

Pan-Hime drew this:

t8bz.png

I drew this:

1cb5.png

and this gentleman pikachu...or...something that vaguely looks like a pikachu, on the Pokemon X board:

yl84.png

Eagerly awaiting the SMTIV, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor, Persona Q, or an Atlus Community board .

I feel so out of the loop!

I've requested a new password, but haven't received the Email yet.

I've gotta get in there and start drawing garbage pictures!

Dantis

Wait, where are you guys drawing your pictures? I can't see an SMT/Atlus/Persona board.

Also, my ID is Dantis. ADD ME FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

Nachos

I feel so out of the loop!

I've requested a new password, but haven't received the Email yet.

I've gotta get in there and start drawing garbage pictures!

Yes! Garbage pictures are the best, even if yours probably will swing more towards the less-garbage side of things.

I will not rest until the waifu infestation spreads throughout every part of every SMT community.

Wait, where are you guys drawing your pictures? I can't see an SMT/Atlus/Persona board.

Also, my ID is Dantis. ADD ME FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

Huh, I didn't notice that. I'm guessing you can post drawings directly to your activity feed, but that can only be seen by people looking at your profile or people following you.

I HAVE NOT IDEA WHAT I'M DOING BUT IT'S ALL SO VERY EXCITING.

Marche90

I guess the Zelda board is about to get some Persona art then.

Huh... Didn't Europe got a Soul Hackers community? It's not persona, but at least is SMT.

Edit: Damn, beaten

Also, I really regret selling my 3DS. Oh so much... Oh well, next year I'll get it back

D'oh, typing with my phone is awful -_-

Dantis

Noooo, I hit the Home button and lost my sketch! FIVE MINUTES WASTED.

It would be infinitely better if you could zoom in. The screen is fucking tiny.

Huh... Didn't Europe got a Soul Hackers community? It's not persona, but art least is SMT.

Also, I really regret selling my 3DS. Oh so much... Oh well, next year I'll get it back

Perhaps! I'll check in a bit.

Nachos

Apparently Europe has a Soul Hackers community so you could try there.

Oh right, I forgot you can go to communities from region other than your own.

Careful, though, there's this one weird Russian guy posting unmarked spoilers in his screenshots, on top of talking about radishes (?). Weird.

todd360

So your saying theirs a chance gif?

Tiu Neo

Updated my 3DS this morning, but didn't use it before leaving for work. Didn't every game get an community? I think it's that way on the Wii U.

I know this is probably not the intent of the writers, but can we go on ahead and say Bottom is represented by Junpei? Just for the laughs? :D

But yeah, the themes of love, identity, dreams, and how they relate to Aigis are kind of fitting. Sadly, A Midsummer Night's Dream is a comedy, so it doesn't fit as well as it should. :(
Oh, I dunno. If anyone made me laugh the most in P3 it was either her or Ju-Ju-Junpei.

Maybe Oberon and Titania will show up as Makoto's personas :p.

Yup, I have no reason to believe that Atlus could pull a competent action RPG off and pseudo turn based shit is lame.

How did you play the game? Did you make an attempt to do crazy shit or did you try to play it like gears of war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom