• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Persona 5 is anything other than a turn based JRPG, tears will be shed and chairs will be flipped.

Fixed that for you.
As interesting as it would be for Atlus to try a new battle style for the next Persona game, I can't imagine them being too drastically different with mechanics after the success they've gotten and their supposed focus on making their fans happy. Though, no matter what, it's impossible to please everyone. I feel like the spin-offs are a good way for Atlus to experiment with the brand as they please while focusing the mainline titles on the tried-and-true turn based style.

So, my main experience with the Persona series has been with Persona 3 (P3P) and Persona 4 (Golden), both of which I absolutely adore. A while back, during one of the many Atlus sales on PSN, I picked up the PSP remakes of Persona 1 and 2.

Trying to play the first Persona, I just couldn't do it. It almost turned me off right away; but I attribute that to my shallowness. What I came to ask is if I can skip Persona 1 and attempt playing Persona 2 instead. I believe I've heard it is a better experience then the first game; but I'm worried that I'm going to miss out on a lot by not playing the first game.

So, my main experience with the Persona series has been with Persona 3 (P3P) and Persona 4 (Golden), both of which I absolutely adore. A while back, during one of the many Atlus sales on PSN, I picked up the PSP remakes of Persona 1 and 2.

Trying to play the first Persona, I just couldn't do it. It almost turned me off right away; but I attribute that to my shallowness. What I came to ask is if I can skip Persona 1 and attempt playing Persona 2 instead. I believe I've heard it is a better experience then the first game; but I'm worried that I'm going to miss out on a lot by not playing the first game.

you miss out on a ton of cameos and callbacks, but you could play without those.

Soriku

Yup, I have no reason to believe that Atlus could pull a competent action RPG off and pseudo turn based shit is lame.

How did you play the game? Did you make an attempt to do crazy shit or did you try to play it like gears of war?

They already made an incredibly competent action RPG with Raidou 2.

Also psuedo turn based isn't lame. Try playing Valkyrie Profile 2 and Resonance of Fate. Though those focus more on the action.

Gazoinks

As Buddha said, a lot of P1 characters show up in P2, but the stories aren't connected. I played P2 without playing P1 and didn't feel like I missed that much besides some "Hey it's that guy!" moments.

there should be tons of overlap between persona and lucky star fans because both series are frequently about nothing at all happening. not one single dang thing.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Doesn't matter how it ages if it's not funny to begin with.

Ic6JNRD.gif

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny

Seriously though, I can't accept the notion that someone thinks Seinfeld isn't funny. I dare anyone to watch The Soup Nazi or The Comeback and not laugh.

The Soup Nazi is my favorite episode of Seinfeld. My favorite part is both scenes with Elaine and The Soup Nazi. I would say Seinfeld, like any show is kind of a mixed bag. Some episodes are really funny, others not so much.

Acid08

Banned
So I wasn't able to fuse Lucifer because I didn't finish the stupid Young Mother slink but I got Beelzebub and he was rad for Hollow Forest. Need to get him up a level for Megidoloan and I'll be set for the ~*final encounter*~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom