• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Well, think about it. Elizabeth's quest is [Major Spoilers]
nothing less than the liberation of Makoto Yuki.
If they rap that up in Persona 4 Arena 2, I KNOW I'm going to be hella disappointed.

Wait, really? Screw that noise if it's brought into P5. P4A is the perfect venue to resolve this; it doesn't need to be prolonged any further and, dare I say, taint the future of the series (and I'm actually fine with the concept of the quest itself).

I guess. Just feels like 3 and 4 tied together and are done with, they're doing the spinoffs and fighting games with those characters. I expect P5 to have small references but nothing huge.

Yeah, that's why I don't expect P1 to P2 levels of cameo, but I wouldn't call
visiting a location from a previous game for 2-3 in-game days
necessarily "huge."

If they rap that up in Persona 4 Arena 2, I KNOW I'm going to be hella disappointed.

I always thought her quest for liberation was about freeing his soul, Not bringing him back to life, which should be impossible since he doesn't have a body anymore. Maybe Teddie can grow him a new body though.

todd360

Exactly. This plot point has been in the making for years. We have just recently got more tid bits with arena. No way liz pulls it off in arena 2.

todd360

I always thought her quest for liberation was about freeing his soul, Not bringing him back to life, which should be impossible since he doesn't have a body anymore. Maybe Teddie can grow him a new body though.

Yea I can't see how they would fit him into the main story again anyways even if they did somehow restore him with a body. I just want him to be set free. I feel like i'm one of the only people who give a damn about his fate. Its like no one else feels bad for him at all. People would want to save narukami wouldn't they?

FluxWaveZ

Yea I can't see how they would fit him into the main story again anyways even if they did somehow restore him with a body. I just want him to be set free. I feel like i'm one of the only people who give a damn about his fate. Its like no one else feels bad for him at all. People would want to save narukami wouldn't they?

Wait, what?
Everyone in P4A who was associated with him thinks about what happened to him, but Liz is the only one who has the power to actually pull something off. They made the resolve in The Answer to lessen the load on Makoto's soul by making the world a better and happier place to live in after encountering Erebus, and seeing Yukari and Junpei's professions, I wouldn't say they don't give a damn about him at all.

kewlmyc

It's the same reason why people get pissed if you go back and change a movie years after it premiered (Star Wars). P3 ended the way it did, don't go changing it. It would be cool
to have Makoto come back and be playable in a P4A game
but that's just my opinion and I can see why people aren't really happy for his return.

todd360

Wait, what?
Everyone in P4A who was associated with him thinks about what happened to him, but Liz is the only one who has the power to actually pull something off. They made the resolve in The Answer to lessen the load on Makoto's soul by making the world a better and happier place to live in after encountering Erebus, and seeing Yukari and Junpei's professions, I wouldn't say they don't give a damn about him at all.

No not the persona characters I mean the persona fandom. It seems like most persona fans don't ever want to hear about him again for some reason.

FluxWaveZ

No not the persona characters I mean the persona fandom. It seems like most persona fans don't ever want to hear about him again for some reason.

Oh, really? I thought it was the opposite, but now I get what you mean.

And he'll always be my favorite character. There's plenty of ways they could get him in P4A2 without ruining the impact of his fate, but we'll see.

todd360

It's the same reason why people get pissed if you go back and change a movie years after it premiered (Star Wars). P3 ended the way it did, don't go changing it. It would be cool
to have Makoto come back and be playable in a P4A game
but that's just my opinion and I can see why people aren't really happy for his return.

This is exactly what I mean.
People seem to think saving him means bringing him back to life. I doubt that would happen. I think they are just trying to free his soul to let him rest in peace and maybe find a different way to contain what he is holding back

Sophia

On a side note, I feel bad for anyone who hasn't played P3 in this thread right now....:p

Yeah you all have basically just completely spoiled part of Persona 3, even if you don't look at the spoiler tags or anything... :\

Please put things behind spoilers, everyone.

Jintor

tumblr_mxmkghmtf01r1m17wo10_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxmkghmtf01r1m17wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxmkghmtf01r1m17wo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxmkghmtf01r1m17wo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxmkghmtf01r1m17wo7_1280.jpg

aww man awesome like roaring 20s jazz age designs or something

kewlmyc

Yeah you all have basically just completely spoiled part of Persona 3, even if you don't look at the spoiler tags or anything... :\

To be fair it's a part of the game franchise that's hard to talk about without spoiling things even with spoiler tags. Or maybe a good portion of us need to learn how to use spoiler tags properly. :p

todd360

To be fair it's a part of the game franchise that's hard to talk about without spoiling things even with spoiler tags. Or maybe a good portion of us need to learn how to use spoiler tags properly. :p

Also the games super old and I wouldn't go into a community thread about games I never played and not expect to be spoiled.

Sophia

It's not really a problem. A few individuals just need to use spoiler tags correctly. :\

Also the games super old and I wouldn't go into a community thread about games I never played and not expect to be spoiled.

The age of the game is irrelevant. We have the no spoiler out in the open rule because many people come here for gameplay advice for every entry in the series, and it wouldn't be fair to spoil them by accident just because they wanted help.

FluxWaveZ

I actually made a conscious effort to avoid spoilers this time, but I'll add some additional marks just in case.

Also, the vessel does refer to someone. Or something:

kewlmyc

I actually made a conscious effort to avoid spoilers this time, but I'll add some additional marks just in case.

Also, the vessel does refer to someone. Or something:

P3 related spoilers
I still think the one true vessel is either a brand new body or Makoto

And a good portion of people here haven't played P1 or the P2s, but wouldn't want those spoiled (too late for me ;_;, I am one of the casualties) and those are like 10 years old+.

Soma

On a side note, I feel bad for anyone who hasn't played P3 in this thread right now....:p

Nothing explicit has really even been said outside of spoiler tags. Besides anyone can just look at the roster for both P4A and notice a lack of a certain someone and put 1+1 together.

But I'll edit my post anyways.

todd360

The age of the game is irrelevant. We have the no spoiler out in the open rule because many people come here for gameplay advice for every entry in the series, and it wouldn't be fair to spoil them by accident just because they wanted help.

Well it would be smarter to look at an actual guide instead of a place where people actively discuss a games story.

Sophia

it's a general thread, not a story only thread

More than that, the community thread exists precisely because because people were being too general in the original spoiler thread. :p

I don't think either of those things were confirmed.

Sho being the human has been confirmed according to his dialogue in Labrys's arcade mode. He even calls her a puppet as the Eerie Voice did.

Sophia

It may be a general thread but you can still expect story discussion is what i'm trying to get at.

One of these days your gonna say something dumb sophia and i'm gonna call you out on it!

Please do. I would expect nothing less. :p

Although there is a very good chance I'll catch whatever is wrong before you inform me. I'm a compulsive editor, especially in this thread.

FluxWaveZ

Sho being the human has been confirmed according to his dialogue in Labrys's arcade mode. He even calls her a puppet as the Eerie Voice did.

At least,
Sho claims that he was the culprit who threw Labrys into the television, so it's safe to assume that the "foolish human" is indeed Sho (plus, he kind of psychologically fits the description).

It's pretty much all speculation for now, though. It'd be cool if there were more arcade story translations such as the ones for Teddie and Labrys that were made earlier so that we could at least get a few more concrete details about what goes on. I'd also love to see translations of the Shadow character wins and what they have to say about stuff, as well as Sho who seems to have something specific to say about most of the other characters.

Sophia

At least,
Sho claims that he was the culprit who threw Labrys into the television, so it's safe to assume that the "foolish human" is indeed Sho (plus, he kind of psychologically fits the description).

It's pretty much all speculation for now, though. It'd be cool if there were more arcade story translations such as the ones for Teddie and Labrys that were made earlier so that we could at least get a few more concrete details about what goes on. I'd also love to see translations of the Shadow character wins and what they have to say about stuff, as well as Sho who seems to have something specific to say about most of the other characters.

The two arcade modes I'm most interested in are Aigis (of course) and Mitsuru's. They seem like they'd have the most plot relevant details.

EMT0

Banned

I've noticed this too. It's...really odd. You'd think people would be hyped as shit for this to go through.

Kazzy

It's probably because people are so attached to the original sentiment of the Persona 3 ending, that they feel like it would severely cheapen it, if he actually was brought back. Though, I actually wouldn't mind - so long as he was kept out of the narrative.

Irregardless of whether a change in writing can usher in good material, people place so much personal investment in fiction, that when the status-quo is broken (or to be more precise, their own), it's only natural to feel aggregrived about the whole thing. It is ultimately at the mercy of a particular writer, though it'd be foolish to simply dismiss how how much ownership the audience can take, over a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom