• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Akinari is the best S. Link in P3.

Either Kanji or Nanako was the best S. Link is P4.

The only thing I can remember of Akinari is a pink alligator, the ending of his social link, and his appearance. If it wasn't for the 'Mianto is a douche' comic I would have completely forgot about him.

Kanji, and Nanako were both fantastic; both of those are in my top three. However Rise wins the contest of favorite S-link for P4.

kewlmyc

Ah, so that's what default date meant. I didn't know that; that's interesting.

I think canon is important in terms of building fiction, but I won't speculate as to what is or what isn't. Anything the creators deem as canon or anything that is made explicit is all that can be called canon, in my eyes.
Sure, but does it really matter who was romancing who in canon? Not directed at you, but shippers in general. Unless a future character is a child of a MC or party member from P1-4, shipping canon shouldn't matter whatsoever.

nofunallowed.jpg

The only thing I can remember of Akinari is a pink alligator, the ending of his social link, and his appearance. If it wasn't for the 'Mianto is a douche' comic I would have completely forgot about him.

Kanji, and Nanako were both fantastic; both of those are in my top three. However Rise wins the contest of favorite S-link for P4.

Akinari's social link was the only one to use different music I think. That alone made it memorable.

PK Gaming

For what it's worth, the P3 manga leans towards Makoto X Yukari. I'm not sold on the idea of a "canon" lover though.
Interesting observation here... P1 didn't have a character for the lovers arcana.

That's because the arcanas are spread across both games. No 2 pcs have the same arcana.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm pro-Yukari is canon mostly because, again, I think Yukari is the only character in P3 that's actually enhanced by romance in some way. And something about boiling Aigis and Makoto's relationship down to pure romance kind of ruffles me.

I never finished Nanako's because my expression (or whatever it was...) was too low and by the time I got to the last rank, plot happened in the game. ;____;

I did finish Dojima's though. THAT was an excellent social link.
Man, you missed out. Dojima's SLink really elevates Nanako's and vice versa. It's why I don't really think of them as two separate social links, really.

FluxWaveZ

Even if they favored a pairing, and they wont, it wouldn't settle anything, non canon yo.

It'd at least be something. At this point, the only thing that could convince me of a "canon" P3 love interest is if something is said in P4A2. I do think just like Yu Narukami became the P4MC's official name through the anime, Makoto Yuki will become the P3MC's official name as he starts to get referred to more often and more explicitly in future Persona games.

Sure, but does it really matter who was romancing who in canon? Not directed at you, but shippers in general. Unless a future character is a child of a MC or party member from P1-4, shipping canon shouldn't matter whatsoever.

nofunallowed.jpg

In terms of romantic interest, it's a bit less important since players had several options to choose from themselves. This is why I think the writers did not mean to have a "canon" love interest in the games because it would just undermine what the players personally think or their own experience, so I don't think any will ever be established for Yu or Makoto.

For what it's worth, the P3 manga leans towards Makoto X Yukari. I'm not sold on the idea of a "canon" lover though.

That's because the arcanas are spread across both games. No 2 pcs have the same arcana.

and then Fools, Fools everywhere. Ugh.

EMPEROR, SUN, MOON, FOOLFOOLFOOLFOOLFOOLFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

When it comes to S. Links, I mean most of them are pretty dumb. Like "Hey we hung out like 4 times in the past two weeks now let me tell you all my awful secrets that I don't tell anyone else." Romance ones just make the gameyness more painfully obvious.

Part of the reason I think character development works better when not relegated to an S. Link (even if Persona 3 has poor pacing).

Necrovex

Man, you missed out. Dojima's SLink really elevates Nanako's and vice versa. It's why I don't really think of them as two separate social links, really.

I recall some awkwardness between the two social link if one link was a lot higher level than the other. I remember in one situation Nanako and Dojima obtained a stellar relationship, and in the other link Nanako was "YOU NEVER LOVED ME, DADDY!...Peace."

Didn't think of that. Would put her at the top of likeliness if its as simple as that.

Teddie will at least make an appearance as a toy or on a calender in P5. Maybe Nanako, the more I think on it more I think on how it can make sense. An even more adult Mitsuru would be really cool.

But all we really need in our hearts is Vincent.

Jintor

I recall some awkwardness between the two social link if one link was a lot higher level than the other. I remember in one situation Nanako and Dojima obtained a stellar relationship, and in the other link Nanako was "YOU NEVER LOVED ME, DADDY!...Peace."

Hmmm. Can s.links lock each other out? Like, 'no progress in this s.link until you reach this rank in this other s.link'?

I don't think they do that yet

kewlmyc

For P3, its clear.. its Aigis. Why we even counting Yukari?

If it was clear, no one would be arguing about it now would they? If I had to pick someone, I would pick Aigis because of the funny implications.

XHr1N56.png

LX_Theo

Banned
Teddie will at least make an appearance as a toy or on a calender in P5. Maybe Nanako, the more I think on it more I think on how it can make sense. An even more adult Mitsuru would be really cool.

But all we really need in our hearts is Vincent.

The Nanako idea would be more in the same vein as Chihiro and the field trip in Persona 4. I don't really see them incorporating her in any other way than that. Just a nod at the past with what is probably the game's most beloved character by seeing her doing well since P4.

And
Vincent
would be awesome as a substitute teacher or something, even if he isn't one normally. :p

Lunar15

I know this has passed by now, but why the hell was School Days brought up in this thread?

You know we don't allow School Days in here.

Necrovex

Hmmm. Can s.links lock each other out? Like, 'no progress in this s.link until you reach this rank in this other s.link'?

I don't think they do that yet

They haven't done that yet, at least for Persona 4. I don't have a clear recollection of P3 though, but I am certain none of that existed too.

The Nanako idea would be more in the same vein as Chihiro and the field trip in Persona 4. I don't really see them incorporating her in any other way than that. Just a nod at the past with what is probably the game's most beloved character by seeing her doing well since P4.

And
Vincent
would be awesome as a substitute teacher or something, even if he isn't one normally. :p

Definitely agree with the Nanako idea. And dude don't even joke about that.
I really need to play Catherine again.

which is a shame because until the answer yukari is a far more interesting character

honest question since it's been over a year since I beat Persona 3 (though I watched The Answer on youtube like a week ago). does Aigis act all serious and dramatic like that near the end of P3? just seemed bizarre that Aigis' character development would completely fly over my head like that.

fertygo

Yukari is indeed interesting character, for character from the game that often mentioned as anime-ish, she struck out more like character from western teenager TV show lol.. I don't know if that because the localization work, but she more western than Ginko lol

honest question since it's been over a year since I beat Persona 3 (though I watched The Answer on youtube like a week ago). does Aigis act all serious and dramatic like that near the end of P3? just seemed bizarre that Aigis' character development would completely fly over my head like that.

She starts becoming less lifeless and less robot like obsession and more emotional. In The Answer, she now has to find a new resolve and now that she is not as robotic, she is more interesting.

todd360

So do people think we are getting someone we already know or a new velvet room person. Its basically theo or marie right if its someone we have seen before? I think it will be a brand new character perhaps another sibling of Margaret and elizabeth.

kewlmyc

So this is the first real normal vs. Shadow "mirror" fight I've seen in P4A2 and I'm pretty sure it confirms that there's a custom theme for Kanji vs. Shadow Kanji and that it's Muscle Blues.

I get what they're going for, but half the music used during shadow fights and I guess normal vs shadow fights doesn't really fit a fighting game. That's just me though.

So do people think we are getting someone we already know or a new velvet room person. Its basically theo or marie right if its someone we have seen before? I think it will be a brand new character perhaps another sibling of Margaret and elizabeth.

I honestly have no idea. It would be kinda bullshit for there to be yet ANOTHER Velvet Room sibling we've never heard before.

The new guy has to be Frankie

todd360

Who ever it is I hope elizabeth makes an appearance or is mentioned. I need to know more about her
plans to save p3 protag.

Its got to be talked about in p5 right? They wouldn't mention it during p4 secret boss and
give her fool arcana
in arena if it wasn't happening.

FluxWaveZ

Who ever it is I hope elizabeth makes an appearance or is mentioned. I need to know more about her
plans to save p3 protag.

Its got to be talked about in p5 right? They wouldn't mention it during p4 secret boss and
give her fool arcana
in arena if it wasn't happening.

That's a P3-P4 saga thing which I will bet will conclude with the P4A saga. There is no way in my mind that that's in any way referenced in Persona 5.

Acid08

Banned
That's a P3-P4 saga thing which I will bet will conclude with the P4A saga. There is no way in my mind that that's in any way referenced in Persona 5.
I still think that P5 will take place in the same "universe" as P3 and P4. But whether it directly references them or not, who knows. I certainly hope there will be little nods and references but I don't expect something as significant as the
P4 cast visiting Gekkoukan.

FluxWaveZ

I still think that P5 will take place in the same "universe" as P3 and P4. But whether it directly references them or not, who knows. I certainly hope there will be little nods and references but I don't expect something as significant as the
P4 cast visiting Gekkoukan.

Well, every single Persona game takes place in the same universe (even that one where the universe changes), so I don't see why it'd change with P5. I'm not expecting P1 -> P2 levels of cameos, but something like your spoiler wouldn't seem out of place to me at all.

EMT0

Banned
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who'd be okay with P1->P2 level cameos in P5 from any other Persona game.

todd360

Oh cmon igor knows whats going on and he will be in the game for sure
as long as the voice actor gets replaced I guess
and he knows whats going on. He could be like my nose is pretty long doh. Then proceed to have story time.

FluxWaveZ

Oh cmon igor knows whats going on and he will be in the game for sure
as long as the voice actor gets replaced I guess
and he knows whats going on. He could be like my nose is pretty long doh. Then proceed to have story time.

So you're saying that you don't expect
Liz's quest
to be finished with the P4A saga and actually be brought into Persona 5?

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who'd be okay with P1->P2 level cameos in P5 from any other Persona game.

I'd probably be fine with it, but it's not something I expect because it seems that the P-Team is intentionally creating all these other venues for people who want more of the P3 and P4 cast to leave room for something completely fresh in P5.

EMT0

Banned
So you're saying that you don't expect Liz's quest to be finished with the P4A saga and actually be brought into Persona 5?

Well, think about it. Elizabeth's quest is [Major Spoilers]
nothing less than the liberation of Makoto Yuki.
If they rap that up in Persona 4 Arena 2, I KNOW I'm going to be hella disappointed.

Acid08

Banned
Well, every single Persona game takes place in the same universe (even that one where the universe changes), so I don't see why it'd change with P5. I'm not expecting P1 -> P2 levels of cameos, but something like your spoiler wouldn't seem out of place to me at all.
I guess. Just feels like 3 and 4 tied together and are done with, they're doing the spinoffs and fighting games with those characters. I expect P5 to have small references but nothing huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom