• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Real talk I cannot fucking believe anyone likes Marie and her sloppy as fuck integration into the story.

I am indifferent to the character, but implementing her almost exclusively as a social link makes her completely expendable. The Social Link, without the reinforcement of the main story (which itself asks you to complete her social link despite her having virtually no attachment to anything that came beforehand) comes across as trying too hard to make us accept her and ends up doing the opposite because of how painfully contrived and forced the whole affair is.

Real talk I cannot fucking believe anyone likes Marie and her sloppy as fuck integration into the story.

There are people out there who think Ayase is the best P1 character, Ken is a likable character, think the way P3 villains were used was fine, in the end, opinions.

Trigger

P4 November spoiler:
I really think rewatching this scene in my current playthrough that Yu could've made a better argument to Dojima if he just stuck his hand into the TV. Poor Nanako.

I like her design. I would've liked her character more if they didn't rely on the typical tsundere girl cliche.

Acid08

Banned
stupididiotjerkfaceihateyougodie

more like FUCK OFF you 14 year old Hot Topic model reject. Awful character is awwwwwwwwful.

Caladrius

P4 November spoiler:
I really think rewatching this scene in my current playthrough that Yu could've made a better argument to Dojima if he just stuck his hand into the TV. Poor Nanako.

That whole sequence felt farcical because of the blazing rays of stupid that Yu and Dojima seemed to be emanating the entire time. HEY LET'S LEAVE NANAKO HOME ALONE WHEN THERE'S OBVIOUSLY AN ANTAGONIST THAT KNOWS WHERE YOU ALL LIVE.

I like her design. I would've liked her character more if they didn't rely on the typical tsundere girl cliche.

WhyWouldYouSayThatTriggerAreYouTooCoolForMeOhISeeWhatItIsNowWellGuessWhatI'mInAMainlineTitleHowBoutYouShoveThatBigDumbDogCollarUpYourPoopooAndHangOutWithThosePosersKanaminAndReiIBetTheyCanGetYouSomeNiceBigDogEarsSoYouCanGoPlayFetchWithThoseIdiotsFromTrinitySoulTheyCouldUseAPoorMan'sKoromaruThatIsOfCourseIfTheyEvenHaveAnyBudgetLeft.

Acid08

Banned
P4 November spoiler:

Yeah, never understood this. He explained the whole situation so why not also give a demonstration to sell your obviously crazy sounding story.

That whole sequence felt farcical because of the blazing rays of stupid that Yu and Dojima seemed to be emanating the entire time. HEY LET'S LEAVE NANAKO HOME ALONE WHEN THERE'S OBVIOUSLY AN ANTAGONIST THAT KNOWS WHERE YOU ALL LIVE.

This too.

Dantis

Seeing people praise Beyond: Two Souls as "better than any movie that came out this year" in the other thread makes me think two things:

A) No one has seen Gravity

B) I must br taking crazy pills, because I thought the game was absolute pigslop. Not even alcohol and popcorn could make it entertaining.

These people clearly haven't seen Frozen.

I think my favorite outfit for Yukiko was her midwinter outfit.

Incredibly well designed. Naoto's blue tartan coat is amazing too, and so is Chie's green parka.

Moonlight

Banned
Won't lie, Yukiko probably gets the most stylish outfits. On the guy's side, Yu definitely has my favourite midwinter get-up, though. Even if I do really like Kanji's purple sweater, haha. And of course, I dig Rise's get-ups as always.

And I wasn't much a fan of Marie at all, but I actually really liked her voice performance. Did a very good job selling her lines, even if I wasn't so much a fan of the actual content. Oh, and her Social Link's final Persona, that is, Kaguyahime is almost certainly my favourite non-story Persona thus far.

Yeah, never understood this. He explained the whole situation so why not also give a demonstration to sell your obviously crazy sounding story.
It's even weirder because
Kanji snaps at Adachi and tells him to find a TV, so they can show him it's real, so it's not like the idea ever occurs to anyone ever. It's just kind of silly.

Speaking of, though, finished 12/3 on my current P4G run. Some of the mentioned contrivances leading up to that point aside, I don't think I've been on a more intense rollercoaster in a game before. This will be about the third time I've finished the game (and my first with every social link maxed) and some moments still get me. Dojima, especially, is just heartbreaking. Just a great turning point in the game.

Caladrius

These people clearly haven't seen Frozen.

Olaf is 2spooky for me. I would hate to have to wear that thing as an avatar.

Won't lie, Yukiko probably gets the most stylish outfits. On the guy's side, Yu definitely has my favourite midwinter get-up, though. Even if I do really like Kanji's purple sweater, haha. And of course, I dig Rise's get-ups as always.

And I wasn't much a fan of Marie at all, but I actually really liked her voice performance. Did a very good job selling her lines, even if I wasn't so much a fan of the actual content. Oh, and her Social Link's final Persona, that is, is almost certainly my favourite non-story Persona thus far.

Eden Riegel is solid.

Did we ever get a confirmation that Marie was intended to be an extra party member? The fact that they gave a Soejima-designed persona for finishing her social link sticks out like a sore thumb.

kewlmyc

Here you go!

you_da_man____makoto_persona_3_movie_avatar__alt__by_darkside989-d6xkec2.png

Thanks! You da man!!!

The only reason it kind of works is that Dojima is used to leaving Nanako home alone. His negligence has been long going.

But yeah,
Yu could have easily convinced Dojima if he had just placed his hand in the TV, so he's the bigger idiot.

...I bought them.

And the colours.

I remember I had unlocked one of the bonus navigators (I think it was Teddie) during the course of playing the game, and then when I went onto the PS Store to buy all the DLC I accidentally bought him again.

Not my proudest moment. :(

Gazoinks

This would work too. Only animation wise though, the only thing I liked story wise about the Princess and the Frog was the villain. ARE YA READY!?!?!? Keith David is godlike.

Yeah. Awesome villain, good animation, unremarkable movie.

You know, I've been playing Nocturne, and it's been making me kind of side with Buddha wanting to see Demons in Persona again. I just find Demons interesting, especially the way SMT draws from world religion. But that'll probably not happen (and Shadows thematically probably fit the series better), so as long as we see plenty of new Shadow designs I'm good. Hopefully less recolors, too. How many unique non-boss Shadow models were there in 3 and 4?

^Like I have been saying, a dual structure like, combat zones in day and night, with different reasons to explore both, the day time version has Demons, the night time version has Shadows.

I liked Marie enough that I'd give her a second chance in something else but I disliked her enough to hope that she doesn't show up in Persona 5. She is in Persona Q, everyone wins!

kewlmyc

From the very small amount I've played of SMT, about an hour of Nocturne, I would like demons back. They have silly personalities unlike regular shadows which are just black blobs of nothing.

Both of Yu's midwinter oufits are amazing. "There is a God" was my first thought after receiving them.

His new win animation just seals the deal for me. He's so damn stylish.

Just marry the dude, why don't ya? :p

Moonlight

Banned
Still think Shadows are much more appropriate to Persona than demons, really. That said, I really do think that they really need to step up the Shadow designs. Again, the likes of Hulk Hogan, Fat Cop, and Angry Table aren't really that great or inspired.

Still think Shadows are much more appropriate to Persona than demons, really. That said, I really do think that they really need to step up the Shadow designs. Again, the likes of Hulk Hogan, Fat Cop, and Angry Table aren't really that great or inspired.

I dig Shadow Hogan and the Fuzz, but they need much more variety and emotion behind them, Shadows are perfect for some crazy as fuck and off the wall designs, but they played it waaay too safe in designing them.

Gazoinks

E1NgG6M.gif

Yu was a dancer all along!

I dig Shadow Hogan and the Fuzz, but they need much more variety and emotion behind them, Shadows are perfect for some crazy as fuck and off the wall designs, but they played it waaay too safe in designing them.

When I played P4, I was hoping there would be a more personal aspect of the Shadows. Like, you enter Kanji's dungeon and you see the cop shadows for the first time. Dude has problems with the cops, there we go. You enter Rise's dungeon and find the Snake thing. Sexuality, etc. But then they show up in all the other dungeons so it doesn't really work. Assuming they go with character-based dungeons again (and it's entirely possible they don't), I'd like to see unique designs related to the character.

E1NgG6M.gif

When I played P4, I was hoping there would be a more personal aspect of the Shadows. Like, you enter Kanji's dungeon and you see the cop shadows for the first time. Dude has problems with the cops, there we go. You enter Rise's dungeon and find the Snake thing. Sexuality, etc. But then they show up in all the other dungeons so it doesn't really work. Assuming they go with character-based dungeons again (and it's entirely possible they don't), I'd like to see unique designs related to the character.

That's totally what it needed to be.

Levito

Banned

For a time, when I was grinding in P3 all I could think of when I saw the hogan shadow was this.

kewlmyc

E1NgG6M.gif

One of the funnier parts of the anime. I really enjoyed the anime (excluding the QUALITY), not sure why a lot of people don't.

Random Mech outta nowhere is the best. DNA bros, Samurais, Hulk Hogan, and the Knights are also great.

Moonlight

Banned
Random Toy Robot was great, for sure. I also really liked the Charm Snakes. The symbolism of the DNA strands was a little heavy-handed, but better than being unnecessarily abstract.

Gazoinks

One of the funnier parts of the anime. I really enjoyed the anime (excluding the QUALITY), not sure why a lot of people don't.

Random Mech outta nowhere is the best. DNA bros, Samurais, Hulk Hogan, and the Knights are also great.

The anime was definitely solid as a kind of alternate retelling of the game. It had its issues, but it was a lot of fun and it has some great moments.

kewlmyc

Random Toy Robot was great, for sure. I also really liked the Charm Snakes. The symbolism of the DNA strands was a little heavy-handed, but better than being unnecessarily abstract.

I just liked the way the DNA bros would strut over to you to attack. It was a great animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom