• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright y'all since we now know that P5 will be themed around slavery, I think It'd be fun to predict the squadmates' arcana based on it and compare final notes once the game comes out. So let's say there are 7 party members plus the MC same as in P4, here goes:

MC: Fool/Devil- Fool is self explanatory but I thought it would be cool for the MC to have a secondary arcana again, and since Devil represents slavery to one's own impulses I thought it would fit nicely.

1st Party member: Magician- You gotta have a bro in there. Besides, the Magician represents power, and power, slavery, and freedom are themes that are often associated.

2rd Party Member: Lovers- Decision making and duality. Making decisions for oneself=freedom. Plus in my mind the Lovers Arcana is the canon romance option so it's a must.

3rd Party Member: Chariot- self assertion and control, relates to freedom.

4th Party Member: Fortune-Being free from the chains of fate fits nicely with the theme.

5th Party Member: Hanged Man- Self-sacrifice and that relating to your own freedom versus being a "slave" to others

6th Party member: Priestess- Inner guidance(freedom) as opposed to an outside control (slavery)

7th Party Member:Moon- I don't actually have an explanation for this one, I just think it would fit for some reason

pJMTKEL.jpg

CDgujZl.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Finished P4G

The climax in the true ending is still incredible. Legit teared up when Nanako comes in during the max slink section. The little epilogue was decent BUT WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO EVERYONE'S LOOK???????? Chie, Naoto, and Rise are the only ones who look good. Everyone else just looks weird, is Teddie wearing a fucking bra? Why does Yukiko look like a middle aged house wife? WHAT DID THEY DO TO KANJI?????

Loved almost all of the changes in the game. Going out at night and all the extra dungeon stuff was great. Marie and everything related to her was awful though. Hated her story and how her bullshit was shoved into a lot of the important scenes at the end. Oh everything is conveniently born from her now? Fuck off.

Took me 85 hours and 33 minutes.

Finished P4G

The climax in the true ending is still incredible. Legit teared up when Nanako comes in during the max slink section. The little epilogue was decent BUT WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO EVERYONE'S LOOK???????? Chie, Naoto, and Rise are the only ones who look good. Everyone else just looks weird, is Teddie wearing a fucking bra? Why does Yukiko look like a middle aged house wife? WHAT DID THEY DO TO KANJI?????

That is the role Yukiko was born to play so it isn't that surprising.
Kanji has turned into a respectable young man.

Acid08

Banned
Also cannot deal with Nanako having long hair. CAN'T DEAL.

Going to take some time off of RPG's before jumping into P2.

JQliQdH.jpg

To commemorate having 100,000+ people see the P3 film, theaters will be handing out these special drawings* of Orpheus by Keisuke Watanabe this Saturday. Supplies are limited, so make sure to come early!

*It's called a mini shikishi, if that means anything to you people. As I understand it they're frequently given out as promotional items for anime movies, correct?

cjkeats

JQliQdH.jpg

To commemorate having 100,000+ people see the P3 film, theaters will be handing out these special drawings* of Orpheus by Keisuke Watanabe this Saturday. Supplies are limited, so make sure to come early!

*It's called a mini shikishi, if that means anything to you people. As I understand it they're frequently given out as promotional items for anime movies, correct?

I believe so, I got one from the Madoka movie screening the other day.

Dantis

I disliked everyone's designs in the epilogue. They look like hipster trash.

LOL.

I have a feeling you're going to dislike P5's designs then.

The epilogue designs were what all of Soejima's (none garbage spinoff) art looks like now. They were no more hipster than the midwinter outfits though.

Meia

Marie is just horribly misused to the point of no one caring. Which, you know, grand scheme of things, is a BAD thing since you're supposed to care about her.

She never really interacted with everyone near enough for them to basically risk the entire world on a hunch to save her. Then again, it's the IT, they'd do that for a total stranger, but it still felt off. And I actually *liked* the use of her poetry in her dungeon too.

Epilogue appearances were cool.
It makes sense for Kanji to look that way, as it really shows real growth with him. Maybe in a bit he'll realize he liked the blonde look more, who knows?

Chie's winter outfit and epilogue outfit were god tier though. Liked Yukiko's except for the hair. Rise probably was the best in terms of epilogue though.

I didn't play Golden myself, but I watched the ending on youtube just to see how the characters had changed in the epilogue.

For the most part I thought the changes were alright, nothing too spectacular, aside from Naoto, whose redesign I loved, and Kanji, who I didn't even recognize at first. I almost couldn't believe it was him.

Seriously, how did he go from badass punk to nerdy-looking hipster trash?

Seeing people praise Beyond: Two Souls as "better than any movie that came out this year" in the other thread makes me think two things:

A) No one has seen Gravity

B) I must br taking crazy pills, because I thought the game was absolute pigslop. Not even alcohol and popcorn could make it entertaining.

Seeing people praise Beyond: Two Souls as "better than any movie that came out this year" in the other thread makes me think two things:

B) I must br taking crazy pills, because I thought the game was absolute pigslop. Not even alcohol and popcorn could make it entertaining.

I haven't played it yet, even though I enjoyed Heavy Rain for what it is. I think what I'd like more is to have Levito stream the whole game while talking over it in his David Cage voice.

I haven't played it yet, even though I enjoyed Heavy Rain for what it is. I think what I'd like more is to have Levito stream the whole game while talking over it in his David Cage voice.

I would love to see this. So, so much.

I'm probably going to take some time to talk about my feelings on the game during the Christmas/GOTY episode. I need to vent to people who share my opinion on the game.

Over at the Persona 3 movie site (p3m.jp), the past couple of days' calendar entries have involved Da Man. After today's, I figured Scrafty might be interested in a new avatar, so I cooked one up:

who_s_da_man_____junpei_persona_3_movie_avatar_by_darkside989-d6xk2k4.png

Also, I love the "gives no fucks" look on Makoto's face in the newest update. Can't wait to see his characterization in the movie-- hurry up Aniplex!

Planning on seeing Gravity soon, I've heard lots of good things about it. I'll give Beyond a shot too, but only if I can get it for cheap. I enjoyed Heavy Rain, but I'm not shelling out over 60 euros again for a game
(movie)
I'm only going to be playing once.

LX_Theo

Banned

Dem opinions. They vary.

Levito

Banned
It's kind of amazing to see how many people are including P5 in the most anticipated game for 2014 thread. So much emancipation.

Gravity was entertaining but I don't get all the "best movie evar" hype. The characters were pretty forgettable and uninteresting.

As for people loving Beyond, there's no helping those people.

Over at the Persona 3 movie site (p3m.jp), the past couple of days' calendar entries have involved Da Man. After today's, I figured Scrafty might be interested in a new avatar, so I cooked one up:

Also, I love the "gives no fucks" look on Makoto's face in the newest update. Can't wait to see his characterization in the movie-- hurry up Aniplex!

Thanks, dude! Would someone mind Christmasifying it for me? 'Tis my favourite season!

Dem opinions. They vary.

I'm well aware of that, but the fact that people are calling what I consider to be a weak game across the board their "Game of the Generation," it just boggles my mind and makes me wonder exactly why they love it so much. Now, I'm literally a critic by profession, but people's love for that game is simply beyond my comprehension. I can see folks enjoying it in a "lol so bad" kind of way. I cannot, however, see why someone would point to this game and say "this is an example of strong fiction writing and characters."

Gravity was entertaining but I don't get all the "best movie evar" hype. The characters were pretty forgettable and uninteresting.

I don't think it's the best movie ever.

Just the tenth-best :X

I can see where you're coming from, but in my mind, the gorgeous cinematography, effects and music make up for the nothing-special dialogue and characters. I do think the movie was well-written in a narrative sense though, as its themes and plot beats were very well-constructed and intense.

To be fair, while Beyond Two Souls is terrible, that game is super fun to play when it's two player. It's a funny little party game, especially with the god awful story.

Edit: also I haven't seen Gravity, but imo Pacific Rim was the best movie of the year

kewlmyc

Ohhh, is it possible for me to get an avatar of Makoto in the newest update? I would do it myself, but I'm gonna be at work late today.

LX_Theo

Banned
I'm well aware of that, but the fact that people are calling what I consider to be a weak game across the board their "Game of the Generation," it just boggles my mind and makes me wonder exactly why they love it so much. Now, I'm literally a critic by profession, but people's love for that game is simply beyond my comprehension. I can see folks enjoying it in a "lol so bad" kind of way. I cannot, however, see why someone would point to this game and say "this is an example of strong fiction writing and characters."
Eh, I think it's probably like HeVy Rain. While narratively you can look at it and realize it is a bit of a mess, the game can pull you into it and immerse you to the point that they don't seem to exist.

Nachos

Real talk I cannot fucking believe anyone likes Marie and her sloppy as fuck integration into the story.

I just started playing Golden for the first time, and although her personality seems fine so far (if not needlessly obtuse), her poetry is god-awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom