• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Jokes aside, I love all of the P4 initial Personas, and most of their evolved states. Do people really hate them?

2SuperSentai4Me.

A lot of them just looked kind of silly in my opinion. I don't hate them, but I don't particularly like most of them either.

Gazoinks

Persona 2 has some wonderful Personas outside of Apollo, like this guy:

lol!

Jokes aside, I love all of the P4 initial Personas, and most of their evolved states. Do people really hate them?

I like most of the initial P4 ones, all of the evolved ones except for Naoto's I like less than the original. Chie's is equal, although I like the yellow a little more than black and red.

Acid08

Banned
I was never much of a fan of Chie's upgraded Persona straight up having Darth Maul's lightsaber. It does give off a pretty heavy Sith vibe overall too.

kewlmyc

2SuperSentai4Me.

A lot of them just looked kind of silly in my opinion. I don't hate them, but I don't particularly like most of them either.

What do you like, Mr. Dantis sir? Which persona designs (talking about original creations in P1-4) would you consider good?

Dantis

Need more Kamen Rider on the Persona franchise. :D

NO.

BAD ROBOT.

What do you like, Mr. Dantis sir? Which persona designs (talking about original creations in P1-4) would you consider good?

I think pretty much all of Kaneko's are aesthetically interesting, even if a lot of it boils down to nonsense.

Some of Soejima's are great, but I think they're hit and miss overall. P3's are stronger than P4's but there are still some stinkers.

cj_iwakura

His design isn't that bad for what he's suppose to be. Bit generic tho. But at least he's not Hades with poofy pants and Chocolate Cake on his head. :p

Not much different than the usual design, except obviously with KR artist's touch.

I just hope that isn't the 'final form' Kaneko's been going on about since SMT3.

His design isn't that bad for what he's suppose to be. Bit generic tho. But at least he's not Hades with poofy pants and Chocolate Cake on his head. :p

Asmodeus has never been described as anything remotely similar to an incredibly generic 'evil demon guy'. Similarly, Sanat Kumara's design resembles nothing remotely close to his common depiction as a 16 year old, nor does it justify its design in any way.

That isn't going onto the awkward depiction of the archangels, either. Hades' design has more justification and symbolism behind it compared to some of the IV designs, which lack any whatsoever.

Sophia

Asmodeus has never been described as anything remotely similar to an incredibly generic 'evil demon guy'. Similarly, Sanat Kumara's design resembles nothing remotely close to his common depiction as a 16 year old, nor does it justify its design in any way.

That isn't going onto the awkward depiction of the archangels, either. Hades' design has more justification and symbolism behind it compared to some of the IV designs, which lack any whatsoever.

Uh, for the few times Asmodeus has ever been in the series he's pretty much been a big generic evil demon guy. The one time he wasn't (Majin Tensei 2) he was a big generic evil demon head. :p

On that note, his art in SMT IV is consistent with what he's suppose to be: A strong and powerful king with three heads, which are represented in his shoulders in IV.

Soriku

RokutenMaoh.jpg

Action figure Persona.

Also Yamato Takeru from SMT IV was cool.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yosuke's is apparently supposed to be based on his music interests.

Soooooooooooo Yosuke really likes Disco apparently.

The commentary on the Persona 4 Golden says that Jiraiya was based on "what Yosuke would imagine as a hero" and Susano-o as "what Yosuke would imagine as a persona that would presides over storms".

I can't imagine them being anything but symbolic of his character development. Maybe that's just me.

Uh, for the few times Asmodeus has ever been in the series he's pretty much been a big generic evil demon guy. The one time he wasn't (Majin Tensei 2) he was a big generic evil demon head. :p

On that note, his art in SMT IV is consistent with what he's suppose to be: A strong and powerful king with three heads, which are represented in his shoulders in IV.

Here is his SMT I sprite. Smaller to make out, but still truer to the myth than IV's art. His three heads, that of a man, bull, and ram, are clearly visible, whereas I see nothing but something you could vaguely interpret as teeth on IV's right pauldron. The I sprite is also riding his dragon as described in the Ars Goetia, and his appearance is also partially in line with his description in the Dictionnaire Infernal.

IV's design lacks any visual indicators as to its identity. It looks like a character ripped straight out of Diablo.

Random question, how many playthroughs have some of you guys done of the persona games? I managed to get about 20 hours into playing through P3 again (right after the
love hotel boss
before I stopped. I don't know if it was the daunting thought of sinking another 60 hours in or that I'd done all this before, but I just didn't really feel like continuing.

Soriku

I don't think they were going for a whole lot of accuracy with the SMT IV designs.

Edit: 3 playthroughs of P4 and 2 for P3 FES.

Sophia

Random question, how many playthroughs have some of you guys done of the persona games? I managed to get about 20 hours into playing through P3 again (right after the
love hotel boss
before I stopped. I don't know if it was the daunting thought of sinking another 60 hours in or that I'd done all this before, but I just didn't really feel like continuing.

I have so many playthoughs of Persona 3 that I've lost count. It's at least 10 however... I know that much.

kewlmyc

love hotel boss
3 for Persona 4/P4G and 2.5 for P3FES/Portable (halfway through FeMC route before P4G came out and took over my time).
All this Bayonetta drama is a window into what would've happened in P5 was a 3DS game.
Probably.

Acid08

Banned
1 for OG P3, 1 for FES, 1 for P3P, 1 for OG P4, and now 1 for P4G.

WOULD PLAY P3 AGAIN IF AN ULTIMATE VERSION WAS RELEASED ON VITA HINT HINT ATLUS

love hotel boss

I've only done once for P4 and I want to play again but I don't own Golden or a Vita, I'm gonna wait for the Vita TV to come to America
if it ever does

Edit: Also almost 1 for P3 FES

cj_iwakura

love hotel boss

I've played Persona 1 2 times and counting(working on the third, once original and once PSP[including SQQ]), Innocent Sin twice(PSP & fan translation), Eternal Punishment three times and counting(three on PS1, working on the PSP version), Persona 3 three times(two vanilla, one of FES), Answer twice, and P4 twice.

Revealtions Persona= 2 times.
Persona PSP= 3 times
Persona 2 Innocent Sin =1 times
Persona 2 Innocent Sin PSP= 1 times
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment PS1= 2 1/2 times.
Persona 3= 0.5 times
Persona 3 FES= 1 time Journey, 2 times Answer
Persona 3 Portable= 0.75 times
Persona 4= 2 times
Persona 4 Golden = 1 time
Persona 4 Arena= 1 time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom